Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Saw 65 the other night

Dude at the end yelled that it was an insult to filmmaking and he was making a movie about domestic violence

Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That movie took a different turn than I expected

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

How

Okay the family stuff yeah but it was basically the trailer

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Somebody spoil the kylosaur movie please

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Brock Samson posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65_(film)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Brock Samson posted:

Turns out it takes place in 1965

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Martman posted:

Turns out it takes place in 1965

Is this the theme song?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=yPNFVj-pISU&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Them just being aliens who live in the Cretaceous and coincidentally have beards and capitalism is kind of a letdown. If evolution inevitably produces Adam Driver and capitalism, that’s a real bummer.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

"Mills also discovers that an asteroid, whose debris caused their ship to crash, will strike Earth in less than 12 hours, triggering a catastrophic extinction event."

This is amazing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Jerkface posted:

65 the dinosaurs in this look absolutely dogshit, theyre disgusting little beasts from some vfx guys half remembered fever dream. "of all the planets to land on why did it have to be earth 65 million years ago, its full of dogshit dinosaurs" - adam driver character

65 was really weird, just awful dinosaur designs, I'm glad the asteroid killed these dogshit looking dinosaurs so hard there was not even skeletal remains

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I AM GRANDO posted:

Them just being aliens who live in the Cretaceous and coincidentally have beards and capitalism is kind of a letdown. If evolution inevitably produces Adam Driver and capitalism, that’s a real bummer.

Also the reason they get hit by the asteroids is it’s on autopilot and he’s hosed off in his bunk

So it also produces Elon musks

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I AM GRANDO posted:

i’ve seen him without a shirt, evolution has nothing to do with that man, he is from a lab

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I AM GRANDO posted:

If evolution inevitably produces Adam Driver and capitalism,

:yeeclaw: Crabitalism :crabcourse:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Beachcomber posted:

:yeeclaw: Crabitalism :crabcourse:

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1635084345114525696

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Is this the last of their planned live action* remakes? Or do they have a sequel to something like Cruella still in the pipes?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

LILO AND stitch iirc

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Alan Smithee posted:

LILO AND stitch iirc

I haven’t heard anything about this, but this news extremely sucks.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Just wait till they start scraping the barrel and do Robin Hood and Aristocats and Oliver & Company and The Great Mouse Detective and The Black Cauldron

Edit: Sword in the Stone, Rescuers, Fox and the Hound... They've got a lot of lovely runway left

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m going to continue to keep calling Disney cowards until they release the remake of Song of the South

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

In a discord I'm in there is outrage over this because people are saying they changed him into a ghost crab, which can't swim. I'm like I am going to look at literally anything else

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Alan Smithee posted:

LILO AND stitch iirc

Stitch is going to look like an actual nightmare

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

In a discord I'm in there is outrage over this because people are saying they changed him into a ghost crab, which can't swim. I'm like I am going to look at literally anything else

Does he still have a kinda racist Jamaican accent though?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ALFbrot posted:

Just wait till they start scraping the barrel and do Robin Hood and Aristocats and Oliver & Company and The Great Mouse Detective and The Black Cauldron

Edit: Sword in the Stone, Rescuers, Fox and the Hound... They've got a lot of lovely runway left

Lol Disney wants everyone to forget the Black Cauldron happened. Mostly because it was a finacial bomb for them.

The rest? Almost certainly.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

joylessdivision posted:

Lol Disney wants everyone to forget the Black Cauldron happened. Mostly because it was a finacial bomb for them.

LOL, I did completely forget about it, even though loved that book series as a kid.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Bambi

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Let's hand the live action threatment to Disney's most prolific animation: The Simpsons.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I'm not sure the children of the world are ready for photorealistic modern Bambi. Like I knew kids who went vegetarian after the cartoon version, this might actually cause genuine mental trauma.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Zach Galifianakis has been cast....in a mystery role!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Tars Tarkas posted:

Zach Galifianakis has been cast....in a mystery role!

Hawaiian Surfer #3!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Let's hand the live action threatment to Disney's most prolific animation: The Simpsons.

Hey, don't forget they own Family Guy too.

This movie should only be a series of unconnected 5 minute sketches, screened on half the screen with the live action adaptation of Subway Surfer on the other half.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I appreciate that they didn't recast Patrick Warburton, because that dude is great, but god that face modification looks awful. Bill Hader as Quackmire feels absolutely, off though.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

holy crap Louis I'm in live action

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm honestly surprised they haven't done a live action Family Guy gag yet. Even Simpsons at least had the Halloween gag of Homer in the real world pretty early on.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I appreciate that they didn't recast Patrick Warburton, because that dude is great,

Isn't he a chud? I know he did an interview pretty recently about both refusing to apologize for Family Guy insulting people and also complaining about how the show makes fun of Christians.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Chairman Capone posted:

I'm honestly surprised they haven't done a live action Family Guy gag yet. Even Simpsons at least had the Halloween gag of Homer in the real world pretty early on.

Isn't he a chud? I know he did an interview pretty recently about both refusing to apologize for Family Guy insulting people and also complaining about how the show makes fun of Christians.

I think there was a gag like that in the original run, Peter talks about doing acid and things getting "way too real."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Most of that joke Family Guy casting is pretty bad, but particularly I don't think Peter and Lois are meant to be ~60

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Prowler posted:

Is this the last of their planned live action* remakes? Or do they have a sequel to something like Cruella still in the pipes?

Hercules, a Cruella sequel, an Aladdin sequel, The Sword in the Stone, Hunchback of Notre Dame and Robin Hood are all in various stages of pre-production. Snow White and the Lion King prequel come out next year.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

X-Ray Pecs posted:

What's worse is the guy who directed Marcel the Shell with Shoes On is trapped doing it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m going to continue to keep calling Disney cowards until they release the remake of Song of the South

Them doing this will square things between Disney and DeSantis

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

What's worse is the guy who directed Marcel the Shell with Shoes On is trapped doing it.

It'll probably be bad but David Lowery's been able to cash Disney checks and keep his dignity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

live with fruit posted:

It'll probably be bad but David Lowery's been able to cash Disney checks and keep his dignity.

look at his wikipedia photo and tell me that man has been able to keep his dignity