Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

AARD VARKMAN posted:

That's India so I don't think catupiry but I'm holding out hope it's still a cream cheese despite having seen mayo in 1000 videos and cream cheese in 0

Unfortunately it was probably mayo. Cream cheese is rarely used even if cream cheese of a sort is available in most supermarkets. And either way, the supermarket stuff is pretty bad. I'd never recommend it to anyone, certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Good, I love mayo its just creamy eggs

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

Reminds me of a creation I used to make in my more poverty stricken days.
The ‘Chicago Taco’. Take a hot dog bun, fill
It with cheese, peppers and corn if you have it, salsa. Press together and microwave. Enjoy (but probably not)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

If you fuckers read the worst pizza thread you'd know that's catupiry, not mayo
And catupiry is delicious, my goodness. It tastes like the creamy cheese in a decent mac & cheese. Maybe Stouffer's?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
"Chicago? Oh I could have sworn you said poo poo-doggo."

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

Futanari Damacy posted:

"Chicago? Oh I could have sworn you said poo poo-doggo."

Potato potahto

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I do enjoy a Chicago dog, don't get me wrong. And a taco on a (toasted) bun could work well with all the accoutrements including guacamole but it would definitely require a solid protein to give it some texture and form.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/XeXB2Vi.mp4

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Someone get that man a bigger grill.

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

withak posted:

Someone get that man a bigger grill.

There’s no time to waste here folks!
I would do terrible things to get a taste of that.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
How does all that meat get cooked to safe levels

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Non Compos Mentis posted:

How does all that meat get cooked to safe levels

it's cooked to death and mixed/chopped over and over. that's gotta be so dry cooking like that.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Can anyone make out what the kindling/giant almond slivers are that he puts in after the peppers?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

pork never goes bad posted:

it's cooked to death and mixed/chopped over and over. that's gotta be so dry cooking like that.

They usually add a ton of oil/veggies/sauces so it's usually not too dry. The real problem is what they made isn't Shawarma.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 14, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Away all Goats posted:

They usually add a ton of oil/veggies/sauces so it's usually not too dry. The real problem is what they made isn't Shawarma.

it has 1 million likes and the top comment is "ohio shwarama" lol

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Fartington Butts posted:

Can anyone make out what the kindling/giant almond slivers are that he puts in after the peppers?

Can't be sure because it's not too clear/doesn't stay on very long but it looks like either boiled potato or some other starchy root cut up into vertical slices. At first I even thought they looked like banana flowers, but looking closer they bear no resemblance to them.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Away all Goats posted:

I'm starting to think these emoji/captions aren't sincere.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I thought that said chest burst sandwich.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/NFN5Ejx.mp4

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I feel like I should buy a food machete.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My reaction was just: oh that's it huh, big crate of burnt cabbage balls.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Burnt cabbage balls look awesome imo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
they sell like hot cabbage cakes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is this like one-ingredient falafel or something?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Like little veggie okonomiyaki bites. Drown 'em in sauce, mayo, nori, and bonito flakes, and I'm in.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I never thought I'd say this about what looks like south Asian food, but that looks bland as hell. Unless they cut out a bunch of other ingredients being poured in.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
they're little cabbage fritter things. I'm sure they got other sauces and seasonings before being served.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

When does the burst happen

When does the sandwich happen

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

No shoes while removing poo poo from a giant vat of hot oil

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I could see cabbage donut holes working with a nice savory dipping sauce, maybe a remoulade

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Yum, I'll take mine with extra ARM HAIR please :catstare:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I be that hot oil sterilizes it and fries the hair so much it's just crispy bits, yum!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

I could see cabbage donut holes working with a nice savory dipping sauce, maybe a remoulade

I was expecting a curry or cumin sprinkle at the end.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

pixaal posted:

I be that hot oil sterilizes it and fries the hair so much it's just crispy bits, yum!

If it survives boiling oil, best to just make friends with it.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The splash zone

https://i.imgur.com/xfibsgJ.mp4

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Someone make an infinite looped version where stuff just keeps getting added to the sandwich.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This all looks like places I'd eat and then immediately poo poo myself so hard my rear end in a top hat would come off my body like a smoke ring.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I've seen some dumbass ideas before but cornflakes in a bun with random chutneys?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is this the Indian equivalent of that magician couple in Vegas who serve ice cream and cereal out of their toilet because it drives people nuts and gets clicks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Beastie posted:

Is this the Indian equivalent of that magician couple in Vegas who serve ice cream and cereal out of their toilet because it drives people nuts and gets clicks?
No joke one of the dumbest ideas I've seen was one food stall that prided themselves on making "sandwiches without bread." Did whichever genius that came up with that idea to sell his slop ever hear of salads before? And yeah, a lot of the most "original" ideas you see on street food stalls these days are the kind of thing that brings in the clicks rather than anything that actually tastes good, or god forbid, is healthy for you.