Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hatty posted:

Capcom had a senior moment perhaps

It is almost certainly for pacing reasons. People say the island is where things start to drag and you aren't going to cut Krauser, Mike or the Regenerators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

confirmed, looks like they cut a boss. in re4r.

u3... that thing in the caves after krauser is gone, could be in seperate ways but uhh sounds like thats dlc. edit: the leaker has finished the game has not posted anything about it and its not in the cutscene files apparantly. :shrug:

Is this actually confirmed or are the people saying this going off a list of on-screen objectives that doesn't mention Verdugo either even though I've already seen him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spermando posted:

Is this actually confirmed or are the people saying this going off a list of on-screen objectives that doesn't mention Verdugo either even though I've already seen him.

Achievements list leaked as well as the entire game. Verdugo has one.

I actually kind of like U3 but yeah they're an obvious choice to cut

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Vikar Jerome posted:

u3... that thing in the caves after krauser is gone, could be in seperate ways but uhh sounds like thats dlc. edit: the leaker has finished the game has not posted anything about it and its not in the cutscene files apparantly. :shrug:

I would have forgot that boss and its entire area existed if you didn't remind me, to be honest.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

With the new knife parry mechanic I hope some madman makes a mod letting you parry any melee swing including gigants.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Spermando posted:

they are going off the leaker not showing or mentioning it at all and the achievement

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

ChaseSP posted:

With the new knife parry mechanic I hope some madman makes a mod letting you parry any melee swing including gigants.

why would they need a mod for that, when its already in the game :getin:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ChaseSP posted:

I give it three days after release until someone has modded in the entire Metalgear Revengence melee system

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
There's no achievement for El Gigante, either. :thunk:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Shame, I quite liked that encounter, even if it did seem quite arbitrary. It still flowed better than the insect caves.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/othatsraspberry/status/1636015009938706433

You got this, Leon :911:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only things I've seen that are confirmed cut are Incendiary Grenades which is unfortunate and you can't kick doors open anymore which is also unfortunate

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

that boss sucked

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I recently completed OG RE4 and the bolt action rifle was my favourite weapon. Upgraded it does the most damage of any weapon except the magnums.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

hatty posted:

The only things I've seen that are confirmed cut are Incendiary Grenades which is unfortunate and you can't kick doors open anymore which is also unfortunate

I guess I have to come up with another strategy for the big cheese besides tossing every incendiary grenade I picked up in the village areas

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I wonder how different planning around weapon choice and ammo use is going to feel, now that we have a crafting menu with its own slotless material storage. You can get a feel for it with 8 in particular, but it never really felt like it approached the extent of OG 4's combat because of the sheer length of that game and its focus on enemy mobs.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

ChaseSP posted:

Imagine if you could shove the knife right up under its fingernail. Do they have fingernails? I dont care how big they are, thats gonna make em release its grip. What if all seems lost but just as its about to take a bite out of Leon, he stabs them right in the gums? Again, I dont care what kind of hellspawn you are, thats gotta hoyt.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hatty posted:

QTEs are also gone, though in the case of Krauser it became a boss fight instead

The Mine Thrower is also gone but that is because they rolled its functionality into the new Crossbow weapon.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 15, 2023

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Vikar Jerome posted:

I only just played RE4 and had to look up who this boss was, and tbh I hate it and it took a while so I'm good with it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ImpAtom posted:

QTEs are also gone, though in the case of Krauser it became a boss fight instead

The Mine Thrower is also gone but that is because they rolled its functionality into the new Crossbow weapon.

Spoilers please x

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Disco Pope posted:

I would have forgot that boss and its entire area existed if you didn't remind me, to be honest.

My response to that part is always "oh right... this part" and not in a good way.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Spoilers please x

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I like that monster for its weird design, but the sequence is definitely one that would be on my consideration list if I was looking for stuff to trim down.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
add more salazar

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Spoilers please x

This is literally stuff from the promo videos but Ill fo and adjust

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Resident Evil 4: Lego Edition is looking tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPFDAp6fOcg

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

codo27 posted:

Imagine if you could shove the knife right up under its fingernail. Do they have fingernails? I dont care how big they are, thats gonna make em release its grip. What if all seems lost but just as its about to take a bite out of Leon, he stabs them right in the gums? Again, I dont care what kind of hellspawn you are, thats gotta hoyt.

Ah, the Spanish Splinter.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

OhFunny posted:

That's awesome, however I will no longer be happy without the existence of an actual Lego RE4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Last crossbow upgrade better give it homing capability

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope Ganados blow up the same way they do in the original when you shoot the dynamite they’re holding. they just evaporate it’s cool

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

RE6 is too drat long!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

RE6 is too drat long!

tgats because its a bad game

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

RE6 contains enough material for two good games and two bad ones

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

RE6 contains enough material for two good games and two bad ones

And unfortunately none of the campaigns are, as a whole, the 2 good ones.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The worst part of RE6 is the weird sexualization of Sherry. Legally adult or not it is fuckin weird for the character introduced as a little kid.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Shoehead posted:

I only just played RE4 and had to look up who this boss was, and tbh I hate it and it took a while so I'm good with it.

Just finished RE4 less than a week ago and went "who?" when reading this. A completely forgettable boss.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

codo27 posted:

There's just no satisfaction in using automatics. Delivering even 9mm rounds in single fire with pinpoint precision is so much more fulfilling. The Deagle is obviously the greatest gun in every RE game, probably every game its in period. But machine guns have always just felt stupid in RE, except for the gatling gun

I really hope they don't skew more towards Village style "Your free magnum does not even start fully loaded. If you don't like it, Grind for the NG+ super giga magnum" in the remake. I was eying RE5 for a replay and saw that the Deagle in that game has less damage and less ammo capacity because... uh... Well it reloads faster! Wow! RE4 Killer 7 at least is a fun time because it peaks faster for less cash if you want to bully U3 harder, if you were not going to invest in the long haul for Butterfly exclusive.

As for the TMP, I also hated it for ages until I started waiting to buy it at the Castle, just in time for bigger inventory and clown cars amounts of cultists. Which is a time you can seriously start enjoying the TMP as an actual gun that kills people :buddy: Instead of damning it with the faint praise of "But think of all the knees you can shoot with the TMP!".

Before the castle, keeps feeling like the game pranking me for wanting to enjoy the TMP. "Oh the TMP stock isn't sold initially. Oh you don't have enough money to buy the TMP and rifle at the same time. Oh you have hardly any inventory space. Oh the TMP can't flatten a chainsaw dude to the ground with a single headshot, so you got your head cut off like a moron using the TMP" :sigh: Which chased me away from using it anymore for the longest time.

Hopefully wanting to use the TMP in the remake will be because it is actually good, sooner. And not "Oh chainsaw dudes don't fall down from rifle headshots, and your head got cut off like an idiot." making me want to skip the bolt action to save money. But I also saw some screenshots from the demo listing the fact the TMP can equip a stock later as a PERK. Which just made me start laughing. "Good aim sold separate. This is a Perk."

The more years go by, the more I am thankful that RE4 classic takes the increasingly rare path of "Every weapon is actually good. Enjoy your pick of cool options". Most games you realize "Wow, that gimmick weapon was really was overpriced." RE4 you learn the minethrower is one of the least expensive weapons in the game.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

OhFunny posted:

Well poo poo, now I want Lego Resident Evil which I didn't know I wanted.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sirotan posted:

Just finished RE4 less than a week ago and went "who?" when reading this. A completely forgettable boss.

It’s such a weird one too cause all the other bosses make sense in their progression. The only truly mindless monster bosses were the lake monster and the el gigante. Everything after that is supposed to highlight that the Las Plagas are body horror, The Thing-like creatures where people with them are able to reason and act fully human, they’re supposed to be smart monsters. Jamming another random mindless monster that doesn’t resemble any other Las Plagas enemy before or after just felt like they need to plop something in to pad game time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDolribbqE

i remember the boss, if for no other reason than this is my favorite Leon/Saddler banter. Saddler's legitimate laugh like "you got me!" is the best.