Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

William Bear posted:

Bishop Barron should have told Ben Shapiro the truth: only adults over 5'7" can be saved.

[shrugs diminutively and puts on "Highway to Hell"]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

After The War posted:

[shrugs diminutively and puts on "Lowway to Hell"]

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
a user in a gbs thread reposted their discord stuff about how woke is anything they dont like.

said user says they dont like onions, and a bag of white onions is woke. and then someone posts the edit where a bag of mixed color onions is woke.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1636008084966612992

"The first $2m payment to Trump Media came in December 2021 when the company was on the brink of collapse after the planned merger with DWAC – that would have unlocked millions for the company – was delayed when the SEC opened an inquiry into whether the arrangement broke regulatory rules.

Trump Media needed a bridge loan to keep the company afloat. But it struggled to get financing until DWAC’s chief executive Patrick Orlando sourced a $2m loan wired from Paxum Bank registered in Dominica, according to the wire transfer receipt reviewed by the Guardian.

The wire transfer identified Paxum Bank as the beneficial owner, although the promissory note identified an entity called ES Family Trust as the lender. Two months later, an unexpected second $6m payment arrived in Trump Media’s account from ES Family Trust, the transfer receipt showed.

In both instances, Orlando declined to provide details about the true identity of the lenders or the origin of the money to Trump Media executives, Trump Media’s since-ousted co-founder turned whistleblower Will Wilkerson recounted in an interview.

Though the two payments to Trump Media ostensibly came from two separate entities – first Paxum Bank and second ES Family Trust – the trustee of ES Family Trust, a person called Angel Pacheco, appears to have simultaneously been a director of Paxum Bank."

"The Russian connection, as being examined by prosecutors in the US attorney’s office for the southern district of New York, centers on a part-owner of Paxum Bank – an individual named Anton Postolnikov, who appears to be a relation of Putin ally Aleksandr Smirnov."

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Well that explains his breakdown over investigations

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'd like to see Trump wiggle his way out of this one!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Well, never the less...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Mean while Prager U guy is pro vape right now, lol.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

[shrugs diminutively and puts on "Lowway to Hell"

You better watch your shins, buddy!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The FBI arrested Steve Bannon’s buddy

https://twitter.com/sdnynews/status/1636012114782420992?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

"Bannon, while working with ex-Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, had “arranged for Guo and his followers to spread salacious videos and pictures from” a laptop owned by Hunter Biden, the son of President Joe Biden, a magazine has reported."

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/15/doj-charges-guo-wengui-steve-bannon-associate-in-1-billion-fraud.html

"Guo, who is known by multiple different names, including Miles Guo and Miles Kwok, Brother Seven, and The Principal, has lived in the United States since 2015 after fleeing China, reportedly to duck looming corruption charges."

Brother Seven?
The Principal?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

OgNar posted:

Brother Seven?
The Principal?

What are, "cancelled straight-to-video Steven Segal projects," Alex?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

How did I miss part of how it came around? https://abcnews.go.com/US/internal-chaos-plagues-bannon-fronted-fjb-cryptocurrency-critics/story?id=96460952

apparently this is how.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I see this phrase a lot. They are appropriating the narcissists prayer into their transphobia.
https://twitter.com/LibertyLockPod/status/1635897626351501314?t=HFctviz5KARp511bwosAeQ&s=19

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

Mean while Prager U guy is pro vape right now, lol.

I mean why wouldn't they be? I've seen the way Penis Prager smokes dem stogies. It's like he's got a disease and the only cure is fat Cuban roll between his lips.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Panfilo posted:

I see this phrase a lot. They are appropriating the narcissists prayer into their transphobia.
https://twitter.com/LibertyLockPod/status/1635897626351501314?t=HFctviz5KARp511bwosAeQ&s=19

I know of a girl who had a mastectomy when she was 16…which was because her grandmother, mother and sister all had breast cancer so it was a preventative measure.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Talk radio is all in on SVB failing due to being "woke" and full of "tech bros" who are, of course, all liberals. I don't think they know too many tech bros or the type of people that invest in start ups but even that's beside the point. SOmething bad happened so let's make it about the poo poo we complain about on the radio all day because everything bad that happens is liberals.

It's almost impressive in its own way except for being so far reaching, insidious and effective.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

Talk radio is all in on SVB failing due to being "woke" and full of "tech bros" who are, of course, all liberals. I don't think they know too many tech bros or the type of people that invest in start ups but even that's beside the point. SOmething bad happened so let's make it about the poo poo we complain about on the radio all day because everything bad that happens is liberals.

It's almost impressive in its own way except for being so far reaching, insidious and effective.

They're going to use it as a cudgel to ban DEI policies the same way they banned CRT in schools probsbly.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I know of a girl who had a mastectomy when she was 16…which was because her grandmother, mother and sister all had breast cancer so it was a preventative measure.

Of course they'll conflate the girls having hysterectomies and mastectomies for transitioning and for other musical reasons. If you point out stories like yours then they'll just say "how to you explain the 7000% jump in surgeries if it's just cis girls getting them?". And again, they're really fixed on claiming that the Left went,

Minors aren't getting surgery to transition
Well they are, but it's really rare
Actually it's not that rare
It is good that it is not that rare

I've heard a similar talking point done vs abortion as well.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

How unusual

https://twitter.com/ScooterCasterNY/status/1636083998488158208

"FBI agents were still inside Guo's 15-room, $32 million Manhattan apartment at the time the fire broke out, multiple law enforcement sources told ABC News. That's about six hours after he was arrested."

"After burning for two hours, the fire was under control by 1:45 p.m. There were no reports of injuries but sources say there was significant damage to Wengui's apartment."

https://abc7ny.com/sherry-netherland-hotel-fire-upper-east-side-ues/12957548/

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Train derailment? Liberals

Inflation? Liberals

Housing costs? Liberals

Russian aggression? Liberals

Bank shits the bed? Liberals

Liberals liberals liberals

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Was thinking, since woke is basically a dogwhistle now, is it a good thing they've gone back to using dogwhistles instead if just outright "purge the undesirables"? lol

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They’re still calling for trans and “groomer” purges extremely openly. Woke is their dog whistle for the n-word.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Rich Floridians just want to make a deal with Hitler.
And then it'll all go away.

Sadly I couldnt find more of this issue of the Boston Herald.

"The Cliveden Set was a 1930s upper-class group of prominent people"
"The term Cliveden Set was first used by the Reynolds News on 28th November, 1937, in an article that argued that the group were highly sympathetic to fascism."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I've had no luck accessing a digital copy (the library of congress has it in print, I can see if I can get it if really needed, but it will take a couple weeks before I can travel there). It's the March 15 edition. Of potential interest, the columnist was actually normally on the sports beat (hence the allusion in the opening paragraph) and retired immediately prior to his death in 1960. Dude was also known for attacking the KKK, segregation generally, and the Nazis before hating the Nazis was popular.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/98289538/obituary-for-bill-cunningham-aged-64/

Newsbank appears likely to have access to the article.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 16, 2023

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Heard a Gutfeld! monologue and he said that SVB kerfuffle probably didn't happen because of "wokeness..."

"Buuuuuuuuut...."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

Heard a Gutfeld! monologue and he said that SVB kerfuffle probably didn't happen because of "wokeness..."

"Buuuuuuuuut...."

I'm assuming the "Buuuuuuuuuut...." part includes the five minute long stretch where Greg pauses and desperately hopes someone will laugh at whatever joke is supposed to be there, right?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm assuming the "Buuuuuuuuuut...." part includes the five minute long stretch where Greg pauses and desperately hopes someone will laugh at whatever joke is supposed to be there, right?

"That went over well".

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Someone shared this on linkedin https://www.racket.news/p/the-democrats-disastrous-miscalculation - I tried to parse it. It's so shallow and badly written it's hard to tell what the point is other than someone being a stickler for procedure and someone else yelling WHAT ABOUT MAH CIVUL LIBERTIES DEMONCRATS BAD

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1636380037422387202

It's working? :confuoot:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Give it a week, the goldfish memory will kick in.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

They’ll keep watching that garbage!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They don’t watch it for true information, though.

How much of that 21% have less trust in Fox because Fox didn’t actually think the election was stolen?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I don't trust Fox News anymore because this proves they're all a bunch of secret liberals who are traitors to conservative causes.

The only real news you can trust anymore is Newsmax/OANN/Blaze TV/etc.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

The new 'Damning Evidence' against Joe Biden today is that before Joe was in office, Hallie Biden (Beaus wife) received a $25k wire transfer from something Chinese related.
I can only assume this is to distract from the Miles Guo poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I've seen this show before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFN-aqPJH8&t=41s

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OgNar posted:

Brother Seven?
The Principal?

Apparently this crap all ties into Falun Gong?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Fox News host Tucker Carlson owned up to an on-air “mistake” after he falsely claimed that a 2017 clip of Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen was from 2007 ― a year before the 2008 financial crisis.

Carlson, who gave a subtle nod to the recent Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank failures, pointed to Yellen’s remarks Thursday that she didn’t believe “deficit spending” was a main cause of high inflation rates, and then he went after her 2021 statement that inflation would be transitory.

“So she was wrong, but she’s lying about it. This is not the first time she’s been wrong, by the way. Here she was in 2007, one year before the Great Recession,” said Carlson before he flipped to a clip that a Fox News graphic itself showed was from 2017.

Carlson earlier in the program said news organizations exist for people “to assess whether things are true or not,” and he made an assessment for his viewers after his show aired the 2017 clip.

“Our mistake. That was 2017. Clearly she didn’t see this crisis coming,” said Carlson as he corrected himself.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
How many times previously has Carlson corrected false information on air?

Fox maybe trying to enforce more 'owning up to mistakes' as an attempt to show the Dominion judge that they are making an honest effort to correct bad behavior as an element to not having to pay out > $BILLION.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/EdKrassen/status/1636771220644413440

Not sure what this was a part of, but fun to watch him tear things apart and point out that Nazis sure love Don and the republican party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

OgNar posted:

https://twitter.com/EdKrassen/status/1636771220644413440

Not sure what this was a part of, but fun to watch him tear things apart and point out that Nazis sure love Don and the republican party.

BREAKING: in under 5 minutes Mickey Mouse tore apart some brooms that were carrying water