Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of the new international distribution deal?
This poll is closed.
Hate it 12 16.90%
REALLY hate it 16 22.54%
Hello, my name is Bob Chapek 43 60.56%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Seeing some rumors that UNIT is getting a spinoff TV series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Tennant is only four years younger that Hartnell was at the start.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Davros1 posted:

This better loving have Alex Macqueen in it :pray:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

Tennant is only four years younger that Hartnell was at the start.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To be fair, the first Doctor was prematurely aged by constantly worrying about Susan's weak ankle.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Thank you, saw some clickbaits about it but none wit hthe info in the headline and I didn't want to fall in their trap. Was curious about it though.

I watched some of Torchwood. I don't remember hating it but mostly I don't remember it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ThatTallGinger/status/1636777190883835909

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6lfnMV4i2U

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

I watched a bit of it today (Thanks VPN) and Tennant was a blast as always. I didn't see much DW related stuff but I tuned in late and out early.

They did do a skit with Ewan reprising Obi Wan among a bunch of other famous Brit stars and it was fantastic, though. And I learned Mrs Doubtfire has a musical!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
If I had a nickel for every time someone regenerated into David Tennant on television, I’d now have a quarter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Are you including Good Omens in that?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I’m only counting regenerations depicted in the Time Lord way; it’s probably more if you expand the definition (otherwise Brendan Gleeson would also count.)

(The list, I have is, is Christopher Eccleston, Jon Culshaw as Tony Blair, Tennant himself, Jodie Whittaker, and now Lenny Henry. All five of which have played the Doctor in some way!)

TinTower fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 18, 2023

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

I'm so psyched for this. The first two seasons owned hard, give or take a last minute problem with Eve Myles' availability. Love Orr.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm so psyched for this. The first two seasons owned hard, give or take a last minute problem with Eve Myles' availability. Love Orr.

The character list for Among Us part 1 includes a Mr and Mrs Penis Implant

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is the Among Us subtitle for SEO gaming?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Is the Among Us subtitle for SEO gaming?

Nah, it's the third part in a trilogy that used that format as a title, the first season (Aliens Among Us) coming out a year before the release of Among Us (the game).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sounds sus

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The Torchwood audio series are ALIENS AMONG US, GOD AMONG US, and now just AMONG US.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The Torchwood audio series own. Very, very much so.

I mean, look, there's the occasional story I think doesn't work or is a bit much, but I'm really happy with the range overall.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
The torchwood stuff are the best big finish audios they've done for the last several years. Atleast in my opinion.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

torchwood discovers a Mongus

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Not to defend Barrowman at all but I do miss captain Jack being a main character in the audios. Maybe Jacob Dudman can do that voice too

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It might be really hard to do an American accent that sounds that fake despite being his actual, regular-rear end accent.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Something’s happening..

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1637408639269969922

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Unveiling Doctor Who nfts! But seriously it it was a big announcement feel like the teaser would be something bit more than that? I might be wrong I just don't want to get my hopes up unnecessary.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bold of Disney to introduce Doctor Doom into the MCU via an episode of Doctor Who but that's the bizarre future we live in now I guess!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Doctor appearing in Loki S2 is about to leak out I guess.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

The Doctor appearing in Loki S2 is about to leak out I guess.

Well I mean Season 1 of Loki was already a stealth season of Doctor Who....

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Marvel has their own version of the Doctor in the TVA called Professor Gamble. With Disney pulling some of the strings now, it’s not the biggest leap to actually make the MCU version of Gamble literally be the Doctor…

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
There’s a previously-announced audiobook called Four From Doom’s Day due in August-ish - I suspect this is just an overblown ad for it.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
It does seem to be big finish related.

https://www.bigfinish.com/bundles/list_for_range/203

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Jerusalem posted:

Bold of Disney to introduce Doctor Doom into the MCU via an episode of Doctor Who but that's the bizarre future we live in now I guess!

Well, the Doctor DID cannonically drop of Death's Head at the Baxter Building back in the 90s. (The Doctor is even briefly mentioned in the official Marvel encyclopedia.)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Marvel has their own version of the Doctor in the TVA called Professor Gamble. With Disney pulling some of the strings now, it’s not the biggest leap to actually make the MCU version of Gamble literally be the Doctor…

The Marvel universe version of the Doctor is the Doctor. Tom Baker to be precise. His Marvel published comics included characters like Death's Head who are part of standard continuity.

Also Death's Head comes from Transformers continuity and it was the Doctor who scaled him down from the size of a robot in disguise to the size of something that could interact with superheroes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can we work Inspector Spacetime into the canon as well?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

The Marvel universe version of the Doctor is the Doctor. Tom Baker to be precise. His Marvel published comics included characters like Death's Head who are part of standard continuity.

Also Death's Head comes from Transformers continuity and it was the Doctor who scaled him down from the size of a robot in disguise to the size of something that could interact with superheroes.

Alright, pedant

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Alright, pedant
I mean... isn't that what we do around here?

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Random Stranger posted:

The Marvel Doctor had several faces, the one that dealt with Death's Head, for example, was the 7th Doctor who was trying to make DH more friendly to him as part of a different adventure he was on.

Death's Head comes from a pocket-dimension, and was taken to the 616 Marvel universe by unknown forces, that were probably The Doctor, where he had adventures for a bit and was then moved to the TF universe until he fell back into the timestream where The Doctor saved him, shrunk him with The Master's Tissue Eliminator Gun, and left him at Four Freedoms Plaza.

PEDANT SIGNAL DEACTIVATED!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

If we're being super pedantic Deaths Head first appeared outside of Transformers comics to prevent the possibility of Hasbro claiming ownership of the character. A single page one-shot but still, technically it means hes only as much a part of the transformers continuity as Spider-man or Nick Fury, who also appeared in Marvels transformers comic.

Edit: After double checking the story I'd always heard, I'm going to ultra pedant myself; The one-shot was written before his first transformers appearance, but not actually published til the next year, so I'm wrong.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 19, 2023

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Can we work Inspector Spacetime into the canon as well?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

SiKboy posted:

If we're being super pedantic Deaths Head first appeared outside of Transformers comics to prevent the possibility of Hasbro claiming ownership of the character. A single page one-shot but still, technically it means hes only as much a part of the transformers continuity as Spider-man or Nick Fury, who also appeared in Marvels transformers comic.

Edit: After double checking the story I'd always heard, I'm going to ultra pedant myself; The one-shot was written before his first transformers appearance, but not actually published til the next year, so I'm wrong.

I had lunch with Simon Furman once at a convention, and he confirmed that Death's Head was created for the TFUK comic, and was intended to be a one-off, but they liked him so did work behind the scenes so Marvel could own the character.

"High Noon Tex" was the result, but as you say it wasn't published right away.

British Copyright law saved Death's Head from Hasbro... which is why we've never had a truly *good* toy of him.

Don't forget that March 22nd is International Draw Death's Head day: https://downthetubes.net/its-a-part...dDay%20hashtag!

Unusually, I finished mine early this year:

BooDooBoo fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 20, 2023