Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:pisstape:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I agree with Aaron. The packers should get nothing in return for losing a team cancer like him. In fact they should have to give the jets some draft picks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The best part far and away is how mad he still is about the Packers drafting Love.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

The best part far and away is how mad he still is about the Packers drafting Love.

Live by the sword; die by the sword.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:h: JORDAN LOVE :h:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Man, the mask really dropped on old Aaron in the last couple of years.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He's right

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1636056523817508877?t=j0WvLTGUW0ndnq3bexv3zg&s=19

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Family is very important to Aaron, as we can see by

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's going to rule when this guy is another team's problem

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

forkboy84 posted:

Not just any team! The New York Jets!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

forkboy84 posted:

Yup.

Love may suck, but I loving hate Aaron Rodgers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AsInHowe posted:

Not just any team! The New York Jets!

Meet the Jets! Meet the Jets! Come right out and greet the Jets!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Today is a good day to diethrow Rodgers into the New York Media Market.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can't believe the jets are so thirsty for this

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Well they are the Jets for a reason.

What has the response been in Wisconsin to this whole thing? Are fans ready to move on or are there still a lot of people who want Rodgers back?

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Aaron Rodgers, the first person in history to say "i want to play for the new york jets"

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
God, I hope this trade happens and he breaks his collarbone three games into the season. loving LEAVE

Unrelated: I love how much Detroit fans fell in love with Jamaal Williams. He's a rad dude and he should make a circuit around the NFC North and become the one thing we can all agree on (in addition to Saving Big Money and hating Ohio).

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Get the gently caress out of my division :byewhore:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
NEVER FORGET

https://mobile.twitter.com/BradGalli/status/1636061393593016322

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

We all agree that Jordan Love will somehow end up being a Hall of Fame QB and dominate the division for the next decade and a half, right? I can't even get excited about this because I remember being excited that Favre was leaving.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
not sure if rodgers leaving brings me back or not.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Some of the stuff coming out on Jalen Carter hasn't been good. Sounds like he could fall pretty far and I'm not even sure the Bears should bother at #9 unless they're certain.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

surf rock posted:

God, I hope this trade happens and he breaks his collarbone three games into the season. loving LEAVE

Unrelated: I love how much Detroit fans fell in love with Jamaal Williams. He's a rad dude and he should make a circuit around the NFC North and become the one thing we can all agree on (in addition to Saving Big Money and hating Ohio).

Even as a bears fan, Williams is cool and i want him on my team. The only downside is he is "close" with AAron.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Having to go from hating Aaron to cheering him when he comes to play for Minnesota is gonna suuuuck

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

Some of the stuff coming out on Jalen Carter hasn't been good. Sounds like he could fall pretty far and I'm not even sure the Bears should bother at #9 unless they're certain.

What else has dropped beyond the previously known charges?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

fishing with the fam posted:

What else has dropped beyond the previously known charges?

He gained nine pounds in the past couple of weeks and is skipping some critical drills. Between that and the racing, it speaks to some attitude and maturity issues.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

It is lying season. The way this offseason has been going, I assume it is Poles just tanking his value

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bob Socko posted:

He gained nine pounds in the past couple of weeks and is skipping some critical drills. Between that and the racing, it speaks to some attitude and maturity issues.

Wonder if there's any other circumstances in the world where gaining weight and missing work after the death of some friends and colleagues in a car accident would be attributed to attitude and maturity issues.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

MJeff posted:

Wonder if there's any other circumstances in the world where gaining weight and missing work after the death of some friends and colleagues in a car accident would be attributed to attitude and maturity issues.

Your point is well taken, but you just know some of these teams are definitely gonna judge it that way.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

MJeff posted:

Hey, can you hear me? All the way up there on that cross?

*ahem*

The onus is now on Carter to prove he's not That Guy who exists in every draft, where he gets too big for his britches and thinks he doesn't need to keep trying and improving. He could do this by being upfront and honest about where he's at mentally, and putting in the work to prove he can still compete physically. So far, he's doing neither, and it's a completely reasonable thing for teams to be hesitant. Maybe he's doing that behind the scenes, but without proof, it's completely reasonable for fans to be hesitant due to no other evidence.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Bob Socko posted:

*ahem*

lol

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Prove to who? You?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bob Socko posted:

*ahem*

The onus is now on Carter to prove he's not That Guy who exists in every draft, where he gets too big for his britches and thinks he doesn't need to keep trying and improving. He could do this by being upfront and honest about where he's at mentally, and putting in the work to prove he can still compete physically. So far, he's doing neither, and it's a completely reasonable thing for teams to be hesitant. Maybe he's doing that behind the scenes, but without proof, it's completely reasonable for fans to be hesitant due to no other evidence.

Shut the gently caress up, lmao

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
So Aaron Rodgers is going to the Jets for his age 39 season?

He's going to the Vikings after that I guess

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

tinstaach posted:

Prove to who? You?

Presumably to the teams that are considering drafting him. There are plenty of valid mental health reasons for why a player might check out between the end of a very stressful and high intensity college career and the high stress lead up to the draft and playing in the NFL. I don’t expect NFL teams really give a poo poo what the reasons are though, they just want to be pretty confident that someone they take in the first round will be ready to play, physically and mentally.

Carter will have plenty of opportunity to explain himself to teams in private interviews, teams aren’t making their decisions based on tweets, that’s all just a lot of noise for very little signal.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I was hoping the Bears played the Jets this year to see if there was a change of ownership. Alas...

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Niwrad posted:

We all agree that Jordan Love will somehow end up being a Hall of Fame QB and dominate the division for the next decade and a half, right? I can't even get excited about this because I remember being excited that Favre was leaving.

Hail Satan

Bob Socko posted:

*ahem*

Sir this is a Wendy's

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Nail Rat posted:

So Aaron Rodgers is going to the Jets for his age 39 season?

He's going to the Vikings after that I guess

Corey Wooton is only 35 right now. We can make this happen.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

HootTheOwl posted:

Shut the gently caress up, lmao

Hi, thanks, I appreciate your input. The Seahawks have pick #5 and I'd rather they not use it on a player who may have been involved in an incident that got two people killed, and is suddenly skipping portions of workouts for teams. This is a completely reasonable worry to have, as I'd like my team to draft players who are both good players and decent human beings. Jalen Carter may be 100% innocent, and his weight gain may be directly related to the death of a teammate and a staffer, but I see no proof of that. Happy to be proven wrong, but that's on him.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If Carter's weight gain was related to these deaths wouldn't it have happened, you know, after the deaths and not after the combine where word came out of his involvement?