Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

https://twitter.com/RippleyRippley/status/1635736489022636038

Having done actual published research in brain-computer interfaces, it makes me unreasonably annoyed whenever someone (usually a musk fanboy) says poo poo like this. It's not loving magic you morons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

The gently caress is his response even supposed to mean? Like what was his supposed gotcha? Do I have too many or not enough brain worms?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Zero_Grade posted:

Having done actual published research in brain-computer interfaces, it makes me unreasonably annoyed whenever someone (usually a musk fanboy) says poo poo like this. It's not loving magic you morons!

It is magic to the incredibly stupid, though

E: if the terminator apocalypse is just silicon valley fuckboys who got ebaum's brain chip I don't think we'll have much to worry about

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

arent some of musk's dozens children in late highschool or college age?

surely he would have some first hand comms with the state of college education and the going ons with education from K to U and not being the most online divorced man that cares waaayyyyy to much about the one wife, and the one kid he's really mad about for some reason.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Zero_Grade posted:

All technology is magic if you're too loving stupid to understand how any of the world works

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

PhazonLink posted:

arent some of musk's dozens children in late highschool or college age?

surely he would have some first hand comms with the state of college education and the going ons with education from K to U and not being the most online divorced man that cares waaayyyyy to much about the one wife, and the one kid he's really mad about for some reason.

The one kid he's mad about came out as trans and she disowned him so

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
And she's one of the college age ones. It's part of this meltdown. Elon doesn't think he's been a lovely parent and person and as his kids are reaching adulthood some are noticing, he thinks woke schools are brainwashing the kids and turning them against him.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
At this point Musk's just throwing out conservative talking points because he knows libs gave up on him and he figures he can get cons to like him.

I dunno, he might believe it, but that's not why he's talking about it.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

credburn posted:

What's that text-slurring at the end? It's like he had a stroke while dictating the Tweet, but I suspect it's some dig at libs somehow

it's a really obvious typo for "God your days" - he hit n instead of space and ii instead of ou, and again i instead of u in "nimbered"

don't get me wrong it's really funny and it wouldn't surprise me if being in a benzo haze made it easier to make typos, but it's not a mystery, all the keys are adjacent

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1636057808612515840?t=uldGU4rGkcOnFbACFUOAuw&s=19

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

Baron von Eevl posted:

At this point Musk's just throwing out conservative talking points because he knows libs gave up on him and he figures he can get cons to like him.

I dunno, he might believe it, but that's not why he's talking about it.

Didn't Trumpy get all upset when the democrats / celebrities / cool kids who smoke behind the bike sheds didn't want to be his friends so he went over to the otherside?

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

The blog being called "Singal-Minded" is loving hilarious

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

The one kid he's mad about came out as trans and she disowned him so

And I bet there's more kids who don't talk to him anymore.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

skyelevator posted:

Didn't Trumpy get all upset when the democrats / celebrities / cool kids who smoke behind the bike sheds didn't want to be his friends so he went over to the otherside?

Kinda, he was pissed at Obama and the white house correspondents dinner, but his friends the Clintons suggested he run as a Republican so he did, it was supposed to be a failed bid he'd use to hawk new Trump branded products potentially even a Fox News alternative. Dude is a carny at heart -albiet an incredibly dumb one who sometimes forgets what's kayfabe and what's real in his old age.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

skyelevator posted:

I think Trump did/does or said/says whatever he thinks will get him closer to the presidency at any given moment.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Read After Burning posted:

I think Trump did/does or said/says whatever he thinks will get him closer to the presidency at any given moment.

Hilariously a tactic he kept using all throughout his presidency

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Internet prison, the worst kind of prison.

https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1636046724560044044

This feels sufficiently related to social media to fit in here. OP is not the idiot but lmao at this seeming like a good idea to users or developers.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

PurpleXVI posted:

This feels sufficiently related to social media to fit in here. OP is not the idiot but lmao at this seeming like a good idea to users or developers.

This feels incredibly stupid but at the same time I've seen the kind of openers the average man uses and I think letting a robot take the wheel will only improve their chances

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1636046724560044044

gonna love seeing the infinite regression of scam bot and PUA bot chatlogs

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1635645979750981632

The obvious:
https://twitter.com/vinn_ayy/status/1636016258096451584?cxt=HHwWgMDS6cyHprQtAAAA

Bonus:
https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/1635719880002371586

:stare:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Online dating is exhausting. You could be a charming, kind, responsible guy, but if you're not good at writing over text, you're dead in the water. You're also likely to by one of hundreds of guys messaging every woman you match with. You have to put in a ton of work and face a ton of rejection just to get a single date.

Idon't think I'd use it, butI kind of see the appeal.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Nobody steal my Cyrano de Bergerac with a robot script idea

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Master Twig posted:

Online dating is exhausting. You could be a charming, kind, responsible guy, but if you're not good at writing over text, you're dead in the water. You're also likely to by one of hundreds of guys messaging every woman you match with. You have to put in a ton of work and face a ton of rejection just to get a single date.

Idon't think I'd use it, butI kind of see the appeal.

I mean it has the same issue that any kind of deceit in dating has:

If you get someone attracted to a facade, someone who isn't you, you're either going to have to keep up the facade permanently no matter how stressful it is or eventually reveal to your partner you've been lying to them, which tends to not go over too well.

A bot adds the comedy of potentially talking about poo poo you have no idea about and thus your ruse gets blown extra fast if your partner strays on to that subject.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
e: dating is for losers

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like getting a robot to do dating apps for you is a natural end result of the general behaviours dating apps encourage by their design.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No more must I endure the squishy wet grossness of flesh and can instead revel in the clean pure coldness of the robot

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I have several friends who hit the dating scene in the last few years, and get their dating app horror stories.
I'm pretty bad at dating- I'm an acquired taste- but hearing the anecdotes and seeing the messages, I'm a loving catch. Sometimes, it's just they are bad at texting or messaging; most often, it seems that people forget that online dating is not 'online'. I see mostly the stuff from my female friends dating men, and Males seem to forget that it isn't a chat room, and it's a person you are speaking to on the other end.
I'm sure I would be bad on dating apps, but drat. Just have a tiny bit of effort to act like a person, and you'll do fine, it seems.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

oldpainless posted:

No more must I endure the squishy wet grossness of flesh and can instead revel in the clean pure coldness of the robot

From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine.
Your kind cling to your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass you call a temple will wither and you will beg my kind to save you.
But I am already saved. For the Machine is Immortal.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm an acquired taste-

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I haven't been on the apps in a while thank the gods, but back when I was if I went on a date with a dude and then learned he used a chatbot to talk to me (assuming that the bot didn't completely break down and get real fuckin weird during the conversation, which is a huge assumption) I would nope the gently caress out and warn all my friends about this weirdo

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Wasn't there a dating app thread floating around like years ago? I'm assuming people being dumb is the reason it's gone.

I also enjoyed the making fun of dumb webcomic people threads

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Edit nm

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

captainOrbital posted:

Wasn't there a dating app thread floating around like years ago? I'm assuming people being dumb is the reason it's gone.

I also enjoyed the making fun of dumb webcomic people threads
There's the online dating thread in e/n that seems fairly chill for the most part

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like getting a robot to do dating apps for you is a natural end result of the general behaviours dating apps encourage by their design.
We just gotta skip all these wimpy middle steps and just get to the point where we have robots do the opening chats, robots that go on the dates for us, and then presumably robots that have sex for us. And then humanity will finally be free from the curse of online dating apps

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 21:18 on Mar 15, 2023

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

PurpleXVI posted:

Wrap it up, Guantanamailures.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Kit Walker posted:

There's the online dating thread in e/n that seems fairly chill for the most part

Yeah, I was thinking more of the "Idiots on Online Dating Apps" type thread, not the "hey let's be reasonable people and give each other good advice" BULLSHIT

and also edit: tbf I'm sure the reasons those threads no longer exist are various, like how how people take poo poo too far or are often bigoted and hateful

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

captainOrbital posted:

Yeah, I was thinking more of the "Idiots on Online Dating Apps" type thread, not the "hey let's be reasonable people and give each other good advice" BULLSHIT

and also edit: tbf I'm sure the reasons those threads no longer exist are various, like how how people take poo poo too far or are often bigoted and hateful

True. Or just genuinely creepy like the horror stories I get from female friends of mine about messages they get on their fetlife accounts

I would read a thread about weirdos on dating apps, though

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

People looked at a pretty woman walking down the street. This proves.. Something

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

ben shapino posted:

People looked at a pretty woman walking down the street. This proves.. Something

I saw a couple people (presumably women) in the comments like "Yeah, really doesn't matter what you're wearing, horny dudes will catcall a woman dressed like a literal goblin, because they're horny dudes". This is followed by men commenting "Yeah, exactly. :smug:", as if that's proving their point.

:psyduck: Yeah, I dunno what this proves, fellas.

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 22:13 on Mar 15, 2023

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

ben shapino posted:

Also, that (very nice) dress has a slit going up the back to mid-thigh, so "modesty" is in the eye of the beholder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

oldpainless posted:

More like oldpeenless