Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Barreft posted:

Ah okay. I skipped a bunch to pass ATI. I looked it up on buddyfarm, I'm still on Unlikely Pair 8 so it'll take me awhile.

Just glad to have a direction now, thanks :)

e: actually confused now, would it be easier for me to just grind WITW4 since I'm there? Or should I go through all these corn quests, then Unexpected Visitor 20 quests? I hope that made sense
I would target Unexpected Visitor first since you have to finish that questline to get AP/Cider access. WITW has like 15 more steps with twice as much grind behind that one and the only thing you get from prioritising it at this point is a Crest that's only useful for the final step of UV if you haven't had bad luck, while completing UV will let you grind Jundland items much easier as well as possibly enabling you to complete WITW incidentally since they don't have a large overlap of items required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

widespread posted:

How the gently caress do you have 27 :psyduck:

But yeah, you're Gucci for the line outside of Jundland grinding.

I sent ya a message on farm

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

I would target Unexpected Visitor first since you have to finish that questline to get AP/Cider access. WITW has like 15 more steps with twice as much grind behind that one and the only thing you get from prioritising it at this point is a Crest that's only useful for the final step of UV if you haven't had bad luck, while completing UV will let you grind Jundland items much easier as well as possibly enabling you to complete WITW incidentally since they don't have a large overlap of items required.

k I'll do that. I got so focused on ATI like people told me I ignored everything before it.

Hell I'm only on Corn Quandary 5

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 15, 2023

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Barreft posted:

k I'll do that. I got so focused on ATI like people told me I ignored everything before it.

Hell I'm only on Corn Quandary 5

How. I was mostly done with Corn Quandry before I even unlocked ATI.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

bbcisdabomb posted:

The fishing event a few days ago, with cat's meow I pulled out 7 gold boots.
I got a gold potato after like 6k total potatos the other day

I'm not questioning my RNG god

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

widespread posted:

How the gently caress do you have 27 :psyduck:

But yeah, you're Gucci for the line outside of Jundland grinding.

I have 38. Once you have the tower cube you get a bunch from dumping stam in the cave for other masteries and quests.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Uhhh no comment.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

H110Hawk posted:

Uhhh no comment.

Yeah…

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

mrmcd posted:

I have 38. Once you have the tower cube you get a bunch from dumping stam in the cave for other masteries and quests.

I see. I would try to go through ATI, but I only got 287/600 honey for part 3.

I might just push to 4x99 just so I can get the bear.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Any spare Large / regular nets appreciated. Same name in game. Just discovered what a silver sink the tower is.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Lol they added quests that ask for red and grape pie. So much for "just for silver."

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

to be fair, the quests award a pretty decent amount of it

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Yeah it's good money.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Whoever said to do Jungland expeditions, I figured 5g what the hell.

I got a Jungland Banner from it. My AWITW 4 also rewards one so what's it for?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The good news is that as you go up the tower you will unlock another quest chain that wants 203 of them total.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Barreft posted:

Whoever said to do Jungland expeditions, I figured 5g what the hell.

I got a Jungland Banner from it. My AWITW 4 also rewards one so what's it for?

Making the device that gets rid of the sand worm. Go up the Unexpected Visitor quest chain now before spending lots of time in Jundland.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jhet posted:

Making the device that gets rid of the sand worm. Go up the Unexpected Visitor quest chain now before spending lots of time in Jundland.

K gotcha. Corns let's go!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

bbcisdabomb posted:

I unlocked Glacier Lake before finishing Corn Quandary. Most of us scream "it's pointless, it's massive investment for a tiny reward" in very loud voices whenever it gets mentioned here.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I heard 'corn jail's from the start of the game, so I just kept all my corn, within reason.

But that makes me way behind on Unlikely Pair X. And I definitely don't have GL.

e:

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 15, 2023

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You'll need to go 20 quests deep into WITW in order to get access to GL.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

You'll need to go 20 quests deep into WITW in order to get access to GL.

Is that what I should focus on? My ADHD makes me watch squirrels when I see all these options, but if I have a goal set to make Ill do it.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ghostlight posted:

to be fair, the quests award a pretty decent amount of it

Yep, the same amount you would for just selling them.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Phew.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Borgen is selling Grapes today if for instance the 2nd day in a row you have forgotten about the new color quest that wants them.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
Gold peppers at Borgen today, and a distress call for grasshoppers in giveaway chat, I am now harvesting the last few ears of corn for the tower. Then the real work begins!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

koshmar posted:

Borgen is selling Grapes today if for instance the 2nd day in a row you have forgotten about the new color quest that wants them.

... how many grapes, exactly. Because I already have a lot of grapes, and a L6 Baboon.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

widespread posted:

... how many grapes, exactly. Because I already have a lot of grapes, and a L6 Baboon.

It asked for 1000

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

:stare:

Well I had a lot of frost shields anyways... gently caress.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

koshmar posted:

It asked for 1000

Oh good, I past the 1k cap so that's fine.

Might just blow my ACs on Gold Peppers this week tbh

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Big fan of how Ric Ryph just shanked my friend in front of me, threatened to kill me and turned the town against us, then immediately turned around and dropped nine apple ciders in my mailbox lol

The strange companions questline causes a bit of tonal whiplash!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hobojim posted:

Big fan of how Ric Ryph just shanked my friend in front of me, threatened to kill me and turned the town against us, then immediately turned around and dropped nine apple ciders in my mailbox lol

The strange companions questline causes a bit of tonal whiplash!

I wouldn't drink those ciders...

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Does anyone have 10 Red Berry Pies? My cooking is not high enough yet. IGN socpro69.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

andy_social posted:

Does anyone have 10 Red Berry Pies? My cooking is not high enough yet. IGN socpro69.

Unfortunately they aren't mailable.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

mrmcd posted:

Unfortunately they aren't mailable.

Ok thanks. I did not check. Time to start baking I guess.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
The next one needs grape pies. I’m struggling to muster the energy to friend Rosalie from 46 to 50 to unlock the recipe though.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

monkeytennis posted:

The next one needs grape pies. I’m struggling to muster the energy to friend Rosalie from 46 to 50 to unlock the recipe though.

Breakfast Boosting carrots would probably get you most of the way there.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

bbcisdabomb posted:

Breakfast Boosting carrots would probably get you most of the way there.

Yes good shout I might do that tomorrow. Got a three hour teams meeting in the morning.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

monkeytennis posted:

Yes good shout I might do that tomorrow. Got a three hour teams meeting in the morning.

Oh god, that should be illegal.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I've gotten soooo lucky with RNGs so far.

Searched in Jungland on my phone for like 10 minutes single search since I haven't finished the questline yet, and got a Crest.
I got a gold potato only planting 10k total, and 7 gold boots just from the last event and manually fishing for 10 minutes pulled it in one.

The pain will definitely come, and it'll be mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
Didn't bother getting the Pet Rock, now Frank wants unpolished jade for the seasonal quest. Oh well, at least I hit Tower 20 on day 2 of having it open!