Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

What’s coming out from under the seat? An airbag tether?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Invalido posted:

extremely blessed ^^^^

I got a few cold dusty rides in last week and I'm grateful for it but winter's coming back hard. More than a foot of snow and temps down to -15C expected in the next few days here :smith:
If it makes you feel any better, check back in in (checks calendar) 2-3 months when it will be 110 degrees fahrenheit :( . Riding season is backwards in AZ, although if you get out early enough in the summer you can still get some time in.

Toe Rag posted:

What’s coming out from under the seat? An airbag tether?
SAE battery lead, I usually stuff it under the seat but was lazy last time I used it.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Achievement unlocked!

Snow still on the mountaintops but highs in the low 70s, wildflowers are just about to come in, perfect riding weather lately

AZ goons blessed with sunshine.

Wish work wasn’t murdering me right now, managed a little ride last weekend but have been hardly riding.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I keep on getting teased with low 60 days during the week and now I have two weeks in the 40s coming up. Probably not getting out until April.

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING

RightClickSaveAs posted:

If it makes you feel any better, check back in in (checks calendar) 2-3 months when it will be 110 degrees fahrenheit :( . Riding season is backwards in AZ, although if you get out early enough in the summer you can still get some time in.

It actually makes me feel better, thanks:)
June-August means summer break so about 8 weeks off work for me, temps unlikely to go above 90f even if there's a heatwave. Nobody should pity me, least of all myself. It just feel soooo distant right now because I'm an impatient man-child I guess.
I've ridden in 100+f once long ago on a rented bike in the tropics during local hot season. I had no real gear but wore all clothes I could muster so I was pretty covered up. It felt like sitting in a hair dryer jet or something and was pretty miserable.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Breathing in the stream of a hairdryer on high was also my exact impression of riding in Arizona when it was hot. Every gas station we hit on the way in, we would soak ourselves with water: shirts, jackets and all, and be completely bone dry in like half an hour.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Midjack posted:

I keep on getting teased with low 60 days during the week and now I have two weeks in the 40s coming up. Probably not getting out until April.

This is perfect riding weather though???

I rode today because it was above freezing and I love salt and road grime.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Had to go for a ride even though it’s around 50 degrees. Look how pretty.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Achievement unlocked!

Snow still on the mountaintops but highs in the low 70s, wildflowers are just about to come in, perfect riding weather lately

Such a pretty bike.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe
Took my scrambler out to Tomales Bay before the rain started

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

:hellyeah:

I love it out that way. I should probably ride up there some day. Lucas Valley Rd is excellent.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Awful taste; interesting execution.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/d/washington-2005-suzuki-hayabusa-custom/7598202438.html

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

It’s always a Hayabusa.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The swingarm isn't stretched at least 12 inches, I don't understand

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Toe Rag posted:

It’s always a Hayabusa.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

The most interesting part of any bike that's been butchered in that fashion is what the owner chooses to rub their genitals against.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
Haha, good one Punchy.

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Slavvy posted:

It's a shame every Akira rep is made by some dork who can't ride for poo poo and is based on some lame slow bike so all the attention is on cosmetics but not on making it live up to the looks

I reckon you could get pretty close to both if you started with a diavel

This one's still heavy and slow but at least its ambitious and more than a scooter with a bodykit, or at least it will be if and when it runs.
https://matus1976.com/design.html

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Look at this stupid thing.

The closer you get to it, the worse it looks.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Is that a mountain bike shock?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'd ride it (into a wall, because how do you turn on that thing)

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

I'd ride it (into a wall, because how do you turn on that thing)

I assume the brakes will overheat as well.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Look at this stupid thing.

The closer you get to it, the worse it looks.

Yes I also enjoyed the Tron sequel but the Lego set was good enough for me.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Toe Rag posted:

Is that a mountain bike shock?

Nah

It's two mountain bike shocks

Also lol @ it being by bro concepts

What a pile of garbage, nice find

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

It was designed for Wyclef Jean though! And presumably the reason it was on this guy's trailer at Sebring and not in Wyclef Jean's garage is he took one look at it and said nah bro I'm good, you keep it.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Lol that rear tire is just insane to me. That massive chain makes it even better because it doesn't look like it's even tight and will just rip right off.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

It has passenger pegs, I'd love to see this thing with two people on it :allears:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Lol that rear tire is just insane to me. That massive chain makes it even better because it doesn't look like it's even tight and will just rip right off.

If you look close, you can see it's already come off the front sprocket!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Nah

It's two mountain bike shocks

Also lol @ it being by bro concepts

What a pile of garbage, nice find

You can adjust suspension on the fly! Just reach back there and flip the lever lol

Whenever I see these things I just wonder… why does the future have to be so uncomfortable.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lmao

Parker, bro, this is just a concept, right? The final version will be different?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i mean it's fine for what it's meant for

which is sitting in storage or on display 99.9% of the time, and 0.1% of the time being ridden by wyclef jean at 5 miles an hour for 100 yards in a straight line.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Wait till you see the front tyre!

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

We had the Tron version of one of those sitting in our shop for a while. It had a fully enclosed rear and more of those bitchin LED light strips. The thing never actually ran, but it lit up and got people through the door for photo ops. The one time we rolled it out for transport to an event you could see the shoddily built frame flexing as it was being duck walked to the van. Apparently some company down in Florida (of course) made it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s always Florida

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Weather was pretty nice yesterday so I took the Monkey to chow on a burg and check out a nearby mountain road. Snow everywhere!

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
Going through the toolbag for my wife's old Can-Am before I throw it out. It comes with a screwdriver handle, three drivers (torx, ph, flats), pliers, some allen wrenches, and a 10/13 open-ended wrench.

The one thing in the bag that's giving me pause is this double-ended 7.5mm wrench:

I can't guarantee the PO didn't add this but I choose to believe this is a Can-Am original. So glad that we sold that one before I ran into the apparently many 7.5mm bolts on it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I know we're hard on Can-Ams here, but at least sell it, dont just throw it out

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

7.5 is how you pretend to be metric while using cheap locally available imperial fasteners

Spanner being unbranded and having visible flashing all but guarantees it came in the factory tool kit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Haha isn't that like 19/64" ? Not your most common imperial size imo