Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well, 1 minute of farm to 5 minute of farm sucks since all the armor drops are mid at best, but I'm gonna get my goddamn full artifice set eventually. Goddamn bungie sucks so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ok.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
PC guys should probably turn down their frame rates a bit, the weird interactions with enemies thing is carrying over into real life

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I get that the armour farming is handy but also lol if anyone expected it to not get shut down? Why would anyone who plays any game ever be genuinely surprised that a dev goes "yeah, nah, gonna stop the exploits"?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

I get that the armour farming is handy but also lol if anyone expected it to not get shut down? Why would anyone who plays any game ever be genuinely surprised that a dev goes "yeah, nah, gonna stop the exploits"?

Because my artifact perks are disabled half the time.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Cause it's pretty lame to rush to fix/mitigate a very mid farm. There's plenty of examples of even Bungie going "oops, well I guess have some fun while it lasts."

Also It's not like pushing bosses off a cliff isn't part of Destiny tradition. I expected it to maybe be fixed maybe in tomorrows patch, or let it run the course for a week and be fixed by the next time Duality came around. I didn't expect them to deploy server side change to prevent checkpoints, since it's not like it's really stopping players.

Honestly it feels like a surprising thing to do when they probably still want to be in a bit of a "appease players" damage control mode.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
As I said earlier, the stats on the Artifice armor Gahlran gives you are so poo poo there’s no good reason to run the farm unless you are also going for a god roll on Lingering Dread at the same time. Artifice armor is neato but it’s not worth killing yourself over a potential +15 to your total stats.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yeah I sharded my perfect Kindred Orchid and Blast Furnace and I will be furious as gently caress if they get unset without a way to also get them back. Immediately. Without effort.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Anyways assuming the un-sunsetting leak is real I think Bungie is vastly overestimating how much good will they’ll get for doing it. As already stated, most sunsetted gear has been power-crept past to the point where Bungie feels perfectly comfortable bringing back guns like Wendigo and Trust, and in general there’s not a lot of people who quit playing that are going to have a reaction better than “thanks for meeting the minimum standard set by every other MMO, I guess”

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The exploit has been in game for what, 9 months now? They only patched it because Master Dungeons suck nards now and people want Artifice Armor without dealing with that mess

They didn't fix the exploit either, they just removed the checkpoint so that it's 5 minutes per cheese instead of 30 seconds. AKA how long it takes to just do the encounter.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I thought the exploit only started with Lightfall and previously Gahlran was smart enough to treat the edge like an invisible wall? There’s no way people wouldn’t have noticed this before now considering you don’t even need Strand grapple to do it, just Eager Edge.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
i get that the old 1:1 stasis shard to cwl mod would probably be dumb in the new armor charge system but i would really like just one mod that would let help stasis make orbs more consistently

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

:siren: Don't delete your Sunset Gear :siren:

Just keep it

It might be usable again someday winky blinky

I only recently thought to throw Crucible Tracker onto this thing, but it's been my go-to Crucible Meme Machine ever since I got it. The Full Auto Option only made it stronger.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

I only recently thought to throw Crucible Tracker onto this thing, but it's been my go-to Crucible Meme Machine ever since I got it. The Full Auto Option only made it stronger.

Yoooooooooooooo that owns.

Outlast was my very very favorite Pulse Rifle :hellyeah:

Rangefinder is magical on it. And doesn't Drop Mag do something cool now that we have infinite ammo? I forget what exactly but I remember thinking it would've been awesome to still have some guns with it in the vault...

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yoooooooooooooo that owns.

Outlast was my very very favorite Pulse Rifle :hellyeah:

Rangefinder is magical on it. And doesn't Drop Mag do something cool now that we have infinite ammo? I forget what exactly but I remember thinking it would've been awesome to still have some guns with it in the vault...

Drop Mag trades Magazine Size for Reload Speed. I honestly don't really need it, I just keep it on out of habit.

And yeah, Outlast is my baby. I'll riot if they bring it back without Snapshot/Rangefinder, though - I absolutely adore that roll and want it on every gun forever.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Defeated Calus on solo legendary and opened my arms to receive 1770 gear, only to discover that the mission I did where we fly to Neptune - a mission I did before I owned Lightfall - counts as the first Lightfall campaign mission, so now I needed to do it on legendary.

It was very easy to sprint through it, but, like. Sigh.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

once you know what you’re doing they take about 45 minutes. if you’re learning, and especially if other people are learning too, expect them to take between two and five hours depending on how dogshit dumb your weakest link is and how mechanics-heavy a given raid is.

but. even if you’re playing with people so stupid they could have a successful YouTube channel and you’re playing the most mechanically difficult raid, there is checkpointing after every encounter, so you can pick up where you left off so long as you finish it before the next weekly reset

Thanks! I fell asleep but might try this weekend.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hooray for the not as bullshit lost sector, got my wrathweavers finally. With a terribly poo poo roll but at least they're in my drop pool now. I still need to do vex on Legendary so I can get the drat catalyst but that can wait until after work today.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Nice I got my first flawless lls in there today and got some necro grips too :toot:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I really should've went for master flawless too but didn't have time. Oh well, next time around

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
https://twitter.com/mislead/status/1635879346727538690?s=46&t=hYF4DBv-yILl3j4LNUsZwg

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

i can't find the red dot on mine

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Is anyone else concerned that the several years long darkness invasion culminated in john q. witness and his triangles getting them some travelussy.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Spanish Manlove posted:

i can't find the red dot on mine

:emptyquote:

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I feel like something has gotten consistently weirder in this thread but I just can’t quite identify it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's OK, you're not the only guy who can't quite put their finger on it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Roctavian posted:

I feel like something has gotten consistently weirder in this thread but I just can’t quite identify it

People keep trying to replace Bust Rodd without thinking why we don’t have Bust Rodd anymore

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
That sound you just heard was a thousand r/dtg nerds firing up Excel

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1636429456054124545?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

That’s cool but I still get smashed by champs at 1810 even using the most tanky meta builds for my Titan so it’s kind of academic.

I dunno I mean I know I’m bad but I also regularly soloed LLS’s before this and got all the exotics last expansion and now it’s basically a loving impossibility.

I’m also consistently topping the scoreboard for points and orbs when I play nightfalls and battlegrounds with other pals so I don’t think it’s entirely my fault. I can press the buttons!

Edit: honestly I only really care about getting the new legs for my Titan so I would probably be better off ramming my dick into the legendary campaign than this version of lost sectors

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 16, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
“Players can no longer offer Commendations to others following a failed mission activity.”

rip grinding, lol

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

VanillaGorilla posted:

That’s cool but I still get smashed by champs at 1810 even using the most tanky meta builds for my Titan so it’s kind of academic.

I dunno I mean I know I’m bad but I also regularly soloed LLS’s before this and got all the exotics last expansion and now it’s basically a loving impossibility.

I’m also consistently topping the scoreboard for points and orbs when I play nightfalls and battlegrounds with other pals so I don’t think it’s entirely my fault. I can press the buttons!

Edit: honestly I only really care about getting the new legs for my Titan so I would probably be better off ramming my dick into the legendary campaign than this version of lost sectors

Yeah idk what it is this season but trying to run LLs sucks so much poo poo I don't even want to bother with them. Then again, I am only light level 1780 or something.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah idk what it is this season but trying to run LLs sucks so much poo poo I don't even want to bother with them. Then again, I am only light level 1780 or something.

I'm 1765

Last season was the first time I felt I was improving as a player because I could reliably beat LLS (rarely flawless, but getting close). And now I feel like I'm a poo poo player again. Im motivated to improve again but I'm likely gonna lose interest and play less as a result. :shrug:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They just kinda goofed on Legend being 1830. It should be 30 points off of Master, not 10

Setting Legend at 1810 would've been in line with historical practice and gotten people ready for more new content faster and not burned out from running old stuff for Powerfuls

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

At least with Nightfalls you can select a moderate difficulty... However it won't matchmake like it used to.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They just kinda goofed on Legend being 1830. It should be 30 points off of Master, not 10

Setting Legend at 1810 would've been in line with historical practice and gotten people ready for more new content faster and not burned out from running old stuff for Powerfuls

It’s really this more than anything. What the hell were they thinking lol

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I still maintain that when they meant to set the power delta to +20 they instead set the power level to +20 and no one wants to admit it was a mistake so they are quietly ignoring it.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Nice. I skipped out on work a little early so I could wrap up the Lightfall campaign before dinner

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1636455844132065280

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Mage_Boy posted:

I still maintain that when they meant to set the power delta to +20 they instead set the power level to +20 and no one wants to admit it was a mistake so they are quietly ignoring it.

So there's no enforced delta just a stupid high power level to reach?

I've managed two of the EDC LLS this week but they both ended up with me plinking away at the boss with graviton lance for the final 5 minutes and letting off a couple of supers.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

neutral milf hotel posted:

Nice. I skipped out on work a little early so I could wrap up the Lightfall campaign before dinner

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1636455844132065280

The game itself has been up since 12 noon, yeah? This is just the background stuff?

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Mage_Boy posted:

I 100% think that it was a last second change or even a mistake-they-rolled-with to have Legend at 1830 instead of 1810. The ability to Over-Level a Legend Lost Sector is... comically pointless.

Let's say you're head to toe 1810 gear, at the Pinnacle Cap and you want to get up to 1830 for Legend Lost Sectors. You'll need Artifact Power to the tune of

+10 artifact power at Season Rank ~55
+15 at Season Rank ~120
+20 at rank ~210 (gets you to Legend Lost Sector +0)
+25 at rank 325
+30 at rank 465 (max benefit for Legend Lost Sector, gets you to Master Lost Sector +0)
+40 at rank 820
+50 at rank 1,275 (max benefit for Master Lost Sector)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The game itself has been up since 12 noon, yeah? This is just the background stuff?

*taps thread title*