Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Re: the unexplained photo:

Yellow is the entrance to that area. There is/was a wall a bramble hedge & wall surrounding the rest of the plot in that area. Blue is roughly where the photographer was and red is where the thing appeared in that one frame.

There was no way a stranger could have walked in on them without them noticing or hearing, as the frames before and after were all pointed in that direction. They were heavily focused on that house. There was only the doorway and archway into the ruin.

Where the 'thing' stood was also covered in blackberry brambles. I visited the site a week after the photos were developed with the filmmaker to try and help him explain what it was in the photo, and I had no explanations. It's a mystery...

e: I don't believe in ghosts btw

vvvvv

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

He's one of the greatest ghosts ever folks, it's true, people are always saying it. And the fake, made up department of parapsychology at Colombia university, they won't tell you about him. No, they don't want you to know about him. Now I could tell you about him, but they won't let me. A real shame folks, a real shame.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Nature and physics are incredibly weird. If you look at them long enough they'll do just about anything. It's another flaming hand.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I *must* have told this story before. The details are a little hazy now because it happened quite a while ago - at least 15 years.

My Mum used to work in a pet store in Milton Keynes. One day a fellow from a Japanese TV production company comes in and asks if she knows anybody with a cat they can borrow. Turns out they're filming something about ghosts, and there's the "most haunted hotel room in Britain" nearby - though I'm sure there are about a hundred hotels making that claim. I think it was somewhere in Bedfordshire?

Anyway they wanted a cat because according to Japanese folklore (or something) cats are particularly able to sense spirits and ghosts. I think they said they'd pay a small amount (I dunno, like £40-100?) and all it would involve would be taking a cat to stay in a hotel room overnight, with a camera set up filming it. It'd be well looked after and fed etc.

So my Mum said "I have a cat!", and they did exactly that.

And.... nothing happened. He just looked around the hotel room a bit, then slept, like a cat.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

1965917 posted:

https://twitter.com/WoodlandTrust/status/1636045317102501889

I'm really bummed about about this. Completely unnecessary bordering on spite.

"Leader Richard Bingley used powers that allowed him to bypass the usual scrutiny of fellow councillors, arguing a decision was urgent ahead of local elections and the bird nesting season"

it's not even ahead of bird nesting season, we are firmly in it, it's not dates written down that birds obey but local conditions and it's been a warm and clement February/March so they are getting their gently caress on a bit earlier

and its not just the birds, a massive variety of small mammals, insects, fungal and bacterial life are getting started up

or, you know. were.

I'm gonna go get some trees in the ground but it would be far better if I [redacted upon legal advice]

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hopefully the fact he used obscure powers to bypass the council means hes personally liable for the damage. Trees are expensive. What an absolute piece of poo poo. And people wonder why this country is turning into a shithole when we elect such blatently spiteful and meanspirited politicians.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think that is considered "damage" when the council does it.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/who-richard-bingley-plymouth-city-6839774 sounds like a really great guy.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/mar/16/hostile-authoritarian-uk-downgraded-in-civic-freedoms-index

quote:

The UK’s willingness to clamp down on civic freedoms such as the right to peaceful assembly means it is now classified as “obstructed” – putting it alongside countries such as Poland, South Africa and Hungary.

Seems fine, strong britain great nation flag emoji etc. Only upside is that more and more people seem to be aware of this, at least.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Camrath posted:

No, every time someone reported something going ‘I think I’ve seen a ghost’ I’d go ‘Yeah, probably. It happens. I’ll have some men check the place to make sure though’.

If you want to know about weird poo poo /anywhere/, ask the site security team- especially the night shift.

Trouble is those lads also tend to be straightfaced pisstake artists. Though night security at the Royal London Hospital sneaked me in to see John Merrick's skeleton as well as telling me stories about ~strange noises~ and scattered bloodstained bandages when I worked nights there so I'm not going to complain.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1636282707280818176

https://twitter.com/SloaneFragment/status/1636284096950288385

Just diving straight down the piss filled waterslide of "I heard mumsnet say that Ben Shatiro say that Jorban Peenerson said that this was happening, so it is happening" politics.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Everyone knows the last ghost died over 200 years ago

the galaxy is at peace

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think children should be taught sex ed via the medium of organic chemistry, in India. That seems inefficient and disorganized.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/lucysiegle/status/1636056501851766784

:allears:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1636036073708040192

The Nonce and Future King.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Are ghosts subject to gravity?

All spirits have gravity. There's proof.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

There was a ghost at the place I used to work in the 00-10s, apparently, but I didn't see it.

It was a nice story for the old-timers to tell at break times.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

God I love Adrian Chiles https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/15/i-have-a-naked-lookalike-and-he-is-making-a-fortune-on-onlyfans-adrian-chiles

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dead Goon posted:

There was a ghost at the place I used to work in the 00-10s, apparently, but I didn't see it.

It was a nice story for the old-timers to tell at break times.

When you're old you probably look at ghosts the same way primary school kids regard the Big Kids at secondary

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

April Fools is coming up, Adrian and him are going to swap places

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Jedit posted:

All spirits have gravity. There's proof.

lol but also boooo

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I did a short Y2K contract at Mothercare's head offices way back when. It had previously been a sweet factory and there were superstitions about how many people should ride in the lift, due to one of the sweet factory workers having had an accident and dying in a vat of peanut brittle.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Angrymog posted:

I did a short Y2K contract at Mothercare's head offices way back when. It had previously been a sweet factory and there were superstitions about how many people should ride in the lift, due to one of the sweet factory workers having had an accident and dying in a vat of peanut brittle.

People keep dying falling into vats of chocolate, wine etc. I wonder why that is?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Failed Imagineer posted:

April Fools is coming up, Adrian and him are going to swap places

Katherine Viner won't notice

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/status/1635748790891053061

Masturbate for Marx

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Countdown to him being found drowned in a butt of malmsey 10... 9...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Aww poo poo I'm triggered now. Crying hysterically and kissing my Marx plushie

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Angrymog posted:

I feel like superstitions about how many people should ride in the lift because of accidents is called "the safe working load" and is usually on a metal plate screwed to the lift.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Incredible. Literally the only thing protecting him is the royal family so yeah, why not turn on them

What I’m saying is do it, coward.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Budget chat:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/mar/15/budget-calculator-2023-income-personal-finances

I put my data in and guess what it came up with: 'you will be £0 better off'

(And my total income all sources is under £15k and I have no 'vices' such as booze or petrol or kids).

Ed. ^^ badly worded. I mean no 'vices' such as booze & cigs, and don't use petrol or have kids.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 16, 2023

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Red Oktober posted:

Incredible. Literally the only thing protecting him is the royal family so yeah, why not turn on them

What I’m saying is do it, coward.

What possible ammo could he have other than 'Chuck is a big poopie head'.
Compared to the poo poo he done, Chuck would need to be Jimmy Saville.

Remember Andrew got Liz to stump up the £12 million for the hush money, and is now asking for more while providing nothing to the grift.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yes, yes good for you. We'd all be doing better financially if it wasn't for our crippling addiction to booze/petrol/children

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

happyhippy posted:

Remember Andrew got Liz to stump up the £12 million for the hush money, and is now asking for more while providing nothing to the grift.

He could say that Charlie flew the Lolita Express with him.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yes, yes good for you. We'd all be doing better financially if it wasn't for our crippling addiction to booze/petrol/children

Aha I see I didn't word that well!
But I'm not better off with none of those things - I'm net zero.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

Failed Imagineer posted:

We'd all be doing better financially if it wasn't for our crippling addiction to booze/petrol/children
:chloe:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hopefully the fact he used obscure powers to bypass the council means hes personally liable for the damage. Trees are expensive. What an absolute piece of poo poo. And people wonder why this country is turning into a shithole when we elect such blatently spiteful and meanspirited politicians.

God I hope so bad there is some way this rear end in a top hat/the council can get shafted five ways over with the full power of Tree Law

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

happyhippy posted:

Charles was a friend of Jimmy Savile.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

Charles was a friend of Jimmy Savile.

I honestly wonder if Charles was caught sneaking into the morgues with Savile if that would be enough to end the royals, or even his personal reign

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm completely here for Andy detonating the "king was also a nonce" suicide vest.

I'll even buy the book, do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We would get a flood of articles about the ancient right of ultima noctae and how it is actually a real mark of his kingliness.