Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
He's too concerned about people not getting it.

If he had just gone with "Misanthropic Thunder" or even "MisanThropic Thunder" he may have even getting a wry 'heh' out of meme but he always preemptively explains the joke and completely punctures the humor in the process, because he doesn't have The Heart of a Poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I believe he came up -or more likely stole- a bit of word play, and didn't really understand that you need to actually put it into some sort of context and make a joke, to actually be considered clever.

Musk not remotely understanding humor certainly isn't a new symptom.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
but what is he even commenting on anyway. what is he characterising as misanthropic, or seeking to skewer as misanthropic and why is a reference to the movie Tropic Thunder apt

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
What are you talking about, it's a weak pun with Elon's name on it, showcasing the strength of his meme game.

What have your demands for things like "context," "thematic consistency" and "actual humor" earned you?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hammerite posted:

but what is he even commenting on anyway. what is he characterising as misanthropic, or seeking to skewer as misanthropic and why is a reference to the movie Tropic Thunder apt

Yeah absolutely nothing. which is why it doesn't really work. Like I'm pretty sure he knows that people generally think people who are good are puns and word play are smart, so he's attempting it, very badly, because as you say, you need context for it to actually be clever.

Just check the post before this was about Miscsoft AI stuff and the one directly after was:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1636264167681163264

So possibly he's on more drugs than usually as well.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dr_rat posted:

He should keep going honestly

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Elon desperately wants to be Dril and it's killing him that no amount of money, stealing jokes, or hiring ghost writers will actually make that happen. You can just taste the despair in those "jokes"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Hey guys look at me I thought of a pun"

Elon dude this isn't the username ideas thread, you have to think of a joke to put the pun in or it just comes across as stupid

Comedians aren't lacking in material because your giant brain isn't helping come up with new puns for them to harvest out of the copious, copious wrinkles

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

...! posted:

The gently caress does that even mean

Has his brain finally broke

elon like when word rhyme

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeah with those it’s easy to assume he’s just blazed. What else is he going to do when he’s not “working”?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

dr_rat posted:

Yeah absolutely nothing. which is why it doesn't really work. Like I'm pretty sure he knows that people generally think people who are good are puns and word play are smart, so he's attempting it, very badly, because as you say, you need context for it to actually be clever.

Just check the post before this was about Miscsoft AI stuff and the one directly after was:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1636264167681163264

Over 52,400 people (bots don't exist on Twitter anymore, remember) liked that tweet.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Elon! Where are we at with based AI?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

do yall realize that this man spent 44 billion dollars so that more people could read his posts. cause i think it just hit me.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
‘Artificial intelligence’ seems like a pretty accurate description of Elon Musk

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Astrochicken posted:

do yall realize that this man spent 44 billion dollars so that more people could read his posts. cause i think it just hit me.

yeah I've been laughing about this since he started trying to get out of it and I read why the contract was filed where it was (they have a history of forcing buys for poo poo like this where it's clear one party just has regret after signing).

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Astrochicken posted:

That's 17,600 lifetimes(assuming 50 years worked before retirement) of making 50,000 a year if you want a more relatable number. You know, assuming you never spend a dime of any of it. All of it set ablaze because he wanted to make people see how incredibly unfunny he is

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Astrochicken posted:

You finally let that sink in 🤣🤣🤣

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Elon is the richest man in the world and he's still so loving pathetic holy poo poo.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!

8 Ball posted:

‘Artificial intelligence’ seems like a pretty accurate description of Elon Musk

Again, he's more of a bot than an actual intelligence

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
44 billion dollars so far. He might sink more of his money into interest payments yet.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Elon! Where are we at with based AI?

I think a pre-alpha version has taken over his account.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

8 Ball posted:

‘Accidental intelligence’ seems like a pretty accurate description of Elon Musk

ftfy

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

This whole discussion makes no sense because it assumes the word intelligence would have anything to do with musk, even in an insulting manner.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

An insane mind posted:

Elon is the richest man in the world and he's still so loving pathetic holy poo poo.

Maybe this will help people to stop worshipping billionaires

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah between master manipulator Putin emerging as a senile moron and brilliant entrepreneur Musk showing his whole rear end, hopefully 2022 will in retrospect be the year the general public realise that everyone they raise up is a loving idiot

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
It’s like he read a book on puns and the only thing he took away from it was “thing sound like other thing.” Where’s the rest of the joke Elon? Oh, it’s you

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

That's 17,600 lifetimes(assuming 50 years worked before retirement) of making 50,000 a year if you want a more relatable number. You know, assuming you never spend a dime of any of it. All of it set ablaze because he wanted to make people see how incredibly unfunny he is

Imagine earning 100,000 dollars a year. That's a lot of money to make, anyone on that kind of wage could reasonably be considered rich. Not top-of-the-food-chain rich, but reasonably well off.

Someone who made that much money every year for the entirety of human history would have around one billion dollars. 2.3% of the amount of money Elon Musk spent making sure people see his tweets as Twitter dies.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Strategic Tea posted:

Yeah between master manipulator Putin emerging as a senile moron and brilliant entrepreneur Musk showing his whole rear end, hopefully 2022 will in retrospect be the year the general public realise that everyone they raise up is a loving idiot

Weird Al will never not be considered a genius by all. :colbert:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

dr_rat posted:

Weird Al will never not be considered a genius by all. :colbert:

which artificial intelligence is the weird one?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
How's Twitter's open source code doing

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Songbearer posted:

How's Twitter's open source code doing

Don't forget about the ad revenue sharing

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Or the extra Blue features!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Strategic Tea posted:

Putin at least made sense because he had a whole government apparatus supporting the myth and took like, 30 years to build it up. Elon was just pure celebrity idolatry building him up.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

reignonyourparade posted:

He's too concerned about people not getting it.

If he had just gone with "Misanthropic Thunder" or even "MisanThropic Thunder" he may have even getting a wry 'heh' out of meme but he always preemptively explains the joke and completely punctures the humor in the process, because he doesn't have The Heart of a Poster

Honestly it's the kind of thing that would make me sort of half-smile if I saw it as a username for anyone but him.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

dr_rat posted:

I believe he came up -or more likely stole- a bit of word play, and didn't really understand that you need to actually put it into some sort of context and make a joke, to actually be considered clever.

Musk not remotely understanding humor certainly isn't a new symptom.

Hey, he didn't steal the joke. He just kept the joke after the divorce.
It was originally Grimes' joke. From 2019.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
swing and a misandry

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
why aren't i the world's richest person?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

You're not dumb enough

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah try forcing the pun more awkwardly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mozi posted:

why aren't i the world's richest person?

Are you 100% sure you aren't? Seems like something someone might occasionally forgot.