Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

my beans were ok this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

having noon beans

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lets talk about pourovers. what is the best pour method

i do 20 grams of beans to 360 water. generally bloom with 30-50g (till it looks 'good'), wait a minute, pour up to 200, let that drip, then do the last 160.

is there a best way to pour in the water? ive got a gooseneck and just try to do a trickle thing without keeping it in one spot too long.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i do 20 grams of beans to 360 water. generally bloom with 30-50g (till it looks 'good'), wait a minute, pour up to 200, let that drip, then do the last 160.

is there a best way to pour in the water? ive got a gooseneck and just try to do a trickle thing without keeping it in one spot too long.
i only do 330/20 but everything else is pretty much the same (except i use chemex and iirc you’re a v60 dude)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yah. i think you cant really get more than 250g of water in the cone, even 200 is kinda getting up there

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

If you pour in a circle you should be good. I usually just alternate between these 3 recipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oB1oDrDkHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAdgJNK0csc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsGf3R9mc0

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

making a coffee

i do aeropress with ~13g bean finely ground and 250g water, steep 2 min, swirl, 30 more sec, push.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

i use a v60 and one of those gooseneck guys. i pour in a spiral, and I add water in 3 stages (40g to bloom, then up to 240g, then the rest of the way to 360g). i also swirl it a little bit after each pour to help get the floaty stuff to sink.

at the end the bed of grounds is flat, which feels satisfying to me.

i saw some video about how the flow of the pour from a good spout agitates the grounds pretty deep down. even and thorough mixing of grounds seems important for extraction or whatever imo

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Jonny 290 posted:

Get a toy watering can if you want to up your game.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

not only did i make coffee this morning, but i've been drinking it too :getin:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’ve had two cups today

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
my hot water comes from a zojirushi hot water dispenser, so I've been just slowly rotating the v60 as i dispense water (on the "slow" setting) - seems pretty needs suiting

i also swirl after each set of pours or do a quick spoon stir if i have one handy

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Podima posted:

my hot water comes from a zojirushi hot water dispenser, so I've been just slowly rotating the v60 as i dispense water (on the "slow" setting) - seems pretty needs suiting

i also swirl after each set of pours or do a quick spoon stir if i have one handy

poo poo, that's probably what Hario designed it for.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i think i'll need two more cups to make it through the day

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

procrastinated by walking to the coffee shop, which worked until I got my coffee and have to get back to work now :wth:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
had a nice cup just now

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had a stupid failed commute this am so treated myself to americano at the cool bakery

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

how does a commute fail? forgot to stop in at the coffee shop??

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Nobody Interesting posted:

how does a commute fail?
arrived at work

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

:hmmyes:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

New office coffee isn’t great but i might be able to figure something out

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

finally broke and got a beanscription from a local roaster, since it saves on shipping

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

finally broke and got a beanscription from a local roaster, since it saves on shipping

I did the same with my local roaster, although I’m getting a big bag of beans once a month which is a bit too much until cold brew season comes around. still, operation “don’t run out of beans” has been a success so far

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

got mcdonalds coffee this morning

paid for it with a stack of dimes

"got a stack of dimes for ya" i said to the lady at the window. "wonderful" she said.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
drank coffee earlier. i hadn't drank coffee in a week

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
had some godawful crema italian beans today. i’m not sure if they were supposed to be ground for espresso only or what, but making them in a drip machine sucked rear end.

got the new Woodward Avenue beans tho so made a cup with that :cheers:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
get in loser we're getting coffee

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

coffee? where we're going we definitely need coffee

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
drank a lotta coffee today. looking forward to drinking more coffee in the morning

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
insanely hype to open a fresh new bag of beans tomorrow, the best feeling

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Podima posted:

insanely hype to open a fresh new bag of beans tomorrow, the best feeling

i opened up a new tub this morning myself

drank the coffee earlier. would have posted earlier but i keep getting roped into doing work all day in the office like a sucker

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
moved my goddamn coffee to the far side of my desk as I was moving stuff around to avoid spilling it, and I still managed to loving spill it :mad:

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
had just enough beans for this morning’s coffee. gonna need to more beans to survive the day

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Chris Knight posted:

moved my goddamn coffee to the far side of my desk as I was moving stuff around to avoid spilling it, and I still managed to loving spill it :mad:

lick it up

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ok veronica

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's monday and oh boy do i need my second cup of coffee

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's a wednesday and i am having a celebratory cup of yirgacheffe right before it rains again

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

went to a coffee cupping this week and have half a mind to Get Into Roasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

these are the voyages of the starship enterprise

its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds

to seek out new life and new civilisations

to boldly go where no one has made coffee before