Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Look someday they'll fire Hopkins but it won't be until a doner pays him off. Or you can do what my brother in law does and root for Oregon.

I beg your pardon?!?! :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Look someday they'll fire Hopkins but it won't be until a doner pays him off. Or you can do what my brother in law does and root for Oregon.

What, and I cannot stress this enough, the gently caress

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dana Altman sucks rear end

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Some timely discussions about layoffs, we just had a round of "organization adjustments" today at work. The announcement was also the dreaded vague important meeting request that pops up the day of.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
A month or so ago I got an email that we were having layoffs followed by a meeting with no description with my manager. I had 15 minutes to panic before finding out it was just him telling me I, and everyone in our product division, was safe. I've always panicked about non descript meetings ever since I first got laid off like 6 years ago.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
:lmao: A+ Arizona, nice early exit

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Qwijib0 posted:

:lmao: A+ Arizona, nice early exit

Nothing can beat that Virginia loss though. He could have literally held the ball and they're in good shape, let alone throw it to the guy left alone in the corner, they barely needed to worry about getting it across half court.

Just a blindingly stupid way to lose a game.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Picard Chat

I'm getting through Season 2 and the car that runs over Picard in the 6th episode is a fuckin Tesla. Seems pretty on point.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Picard Chat

I'm getting through Season 2 and the car that runs over Picard in the 6th episode is a fuckin Tesla. Seems pretty on point.

ahahaha I forgot about that, yeah

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’ve been watching a show called New Amsterdam that’s pretty good. Nothing special but it feels like Ted Lasso but what if he was a medical director instead.

I’ve never heard of it but somehow it has 4 seasons

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Manoueverable posted:

What, and I cannot stress this enough, the gently caress

Its Rinaldo posted:

I beg your pardon?!?! :barf:

Lol a big part of it is he was friends with Aaron Brooks and that started it. One of my cousins roots for Louisville for a similar reason. My lady was pretty anti-UW while Nate Robinson was there due to dumb high school beef that she still holds on to, even though the actual offended party stopped caring almost immediately. A diffetent cousin from the Louisville lover hates Brandon Roy for similar reasons.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve been watching a show called New Amsterdam that’s pretty good. Nothing special but it feels like Ted Lasso but what if he was a medical director instead.

I’ve never heard of it but somehow it has 4 seasons

I like finding stuff like that.

I've been rewatching Boardwalk Empire and it's kinda the forgotten show from that era of insanely good television.

gently caress it's a good show.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

some chill house vibes my friend just shared with me: https://soundcloud.com/alldayidream/lee-burridge-b2b-matthew-dekay-live-all-day-i-dream-bpm-2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

Nothing can beat that Virginia loss though. He could have literally held the ball and they're in good shape, let alone throw it to the guy left alone in the corner, they barely needed to worry about getting it across half court.

Just a blindingly stupid way to lose a game.

Not even the worst first round disaster for Virginia

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The YouTube TV multiview is loving crazy for March Madness, but the channels are preselected and I'm worried this is gonna mess with my football bowl season plans of having 4 meaningless games on at once in mid December

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

huh, didn't even realize Furman had made it to this far to begin with lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

I like finding stuff like that.

I've been rewatching Boardwalk Empire and it's kinda the forgotten show from that era of insanely good television.

gently caress it's a good show.

I was surprised because it’s pretty progressive too. It has an episode that addresses a trans child going through wanting to get top surgery but his parents are against it because they think he’s too young.

I have no idea if any of the medical stuff is accurate but the story has been pretty good so far.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Top surgery? Isn't it set in the 20s? I didn't know they could do that back then

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Top surgery? Isn't it set in the 20s? I didn't know they could do that back then

New Amsterdam, not Boardwalk Empire ya big silly

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Boardwalk Empire is classic case study of "great cast, wonderful production values, poop writing"

and heck, I still watch and enjoy it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Boardwalk Empire is classic case study of "great cast, wonderful production values, poop writing"

and heck, I still watch and enjoy it

Boardwalk is great for two seasons and then gets worse from there on. Very much like Treme.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

God damnit I still got swimmers, get out of me you little bastards <:mad:>

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Boardwalk is great for two seasons and then gets worse from there on. Very much like Treme.

I actually liked Boardwalk until the last season.

But yeah the first two seasons were great

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I know Jimmy deciding to transition and move away really left the show in a lurch

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

I know Jimmy deciding to transition and move away really left the show in a lurch

Extremely, massively, hugely, *this* energy:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I was always more in to Michael Shannon's absolutely unhinged cop character on Boardwalk but I stopped watching regularly when I moved to the apartment I had with one of my younger brothers (if I could go back in time I would probably not do that again) and we didn't pay for premium cable whenever we had it on in the place. Jimmy always gave off a kind of low key knock off early Leonardo DiCaprio vibe to me so while I was interested in his story line it wasn't my main focus. I did feel vindicated when my creep meter about his mom was right though.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

T-Square posted:

God damnit I still got swimmers, get out of me you little bastards <:mad:>

Just make a quick trip to China & the CCP can take care of those for you.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/ident1kitt/status/1636505218807463936

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

"Charge into danger just like the cops won't!"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I was always more in to Michael Shannon's absolutely unhinged cop character on Boardwalk but I stopped watching regularly when I moved to the apartment I had with one of my younger brothers (if I could go back in time I would probably not do that again) and we didn't pay for premium cable whenever we had it on in the place. Jimmy always gave off a kind of low key knock off early Leonardo DiCaprio vibe to me so while I was interested in his story line it wasn't my main focus. I did feel vindicated when my creep meter about his mom was right though.

Her whole story becomes that much more tragic when you find out that the actress IRL was forced to sleep with Weinstein for the gig in rounders. Nucky's first girlfriend in season one and two was also raped by Weinstein and was reportedly a bad alcoholic during the filming.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Dana Altman sucks rear end

Hell I’m a Duck homer and think this. Mediocrity in a fancy new arena (Mac Court forever).

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

My son turned 4 yesterday and we got him his first legos, which really means I just got a bunch of legos. His hands don’t seem quite strong enough to put a lot of pieces together and he definitely can’t manage the really tiny ones. He’ll get there though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Was it crazy who mentioned desantis is completely incompetent in a social situation and tends to isolate?

Hit piece out

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-republican-2024-presidential-campaign-trail-is-already-getting-gov-ron-desantis-proofed?ref=home

quote:

Despite having a job that entails exchanging small talk and pleasantries on a daily basis, the Florida governor tends to brush off those obligations and struggles with basic social skills, according to a source close to DeSantis, several of his former staffers, and other GOP operatives who have worked with him and his team.

Lmao

quote:

The chatter over DeSantis’ public engagement has also surfaced past unflattering stories about his social skills—particularly, his propensity to devour food during meetings.

“He would sit in meetings and eat in front of people,” a former DeSantis staffer told The Daily Beast, “always like a starving animal who has never eaten before… getting poo poo everywhere.”

Also this sick filth

quote:

Enshrined in DeSantis lore is an episode from four years ago: During a private plane trip from Tallahassee to Washington, D.C., in March of 2019, DeSantis enjoyed a chocolate pudding dessert—by eating it with three of his fingers, according to two sources familiar with the incident.

My son turned 4 yesterday and we got him his first legos, which really means I just got a bunch of legos. His hands don’t seem quite strong enough to put a lot of pieces together and he definitely can’t manage the really tiny ones. He’ll get there though.

My fondest memories of childhood are being surrounded by new legos, figuring it all out with my dad.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 17, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

My fondest memories of childhood are being surrounded by new legos, figuring it all out with my dad.

I never had the lego sets, we just always had the big box of legos, which I loved putting together. We got our kid a small set and man there is a lot of stuff to do to put these things together. It's like IKEA instructions for kids.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
gently caress the police, they shut down the entire Miami metro system for 30 minutes because there might have been a guy they were looking for near one of the metro stations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

I never had the lego sets, we just always had the big box of legos, which I loved putting together. We got our kid a small set and man there is a lot of stuff to do to put these things together. It's like IKEA instructions for kids.

The new set instructions seem to have more steps than I remember, each one might be 2-3 pieces rather than 10 or more.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:rip: your feet

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Was it crazy who mentioned desantis is completely incompetent in a social situation and tends to isolate?

Hit piece out

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-republican-2024-presidential-campaign-trail-is-already-getting-gov-ron-desantis-proofed?ref=home

Lmao

Also this sick filth

Speaking of DeSantis, I was just reading about this

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/999/?Tab=BillHistory

quote:

If this bill passes May 5, the following will be removed from Florida's college campuses:

NPHC organizations (Alpha Phi Alpha, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Kappa Alpha Psi, Omega Psi Phi, Delta Sigma Theta, Phi Beta Sigma, Zeta Phi Beta, Sigma Gamma Rho & lota Phi Theta) - All black fraternities/sororities

NMGC & Latino organizations (Lambda Theta Alpha, Alpha Psi Lambda, Lambda Alpha Upsilon, Sigma lot Alpha, Sigma Lambda Gamma, Sigma Lambda Beta, Theta Nu Xi, etc.)

Jewish Studies courses, majors & minors

Feminist Theory courses, majors & minors

Gender Studies courses, majors & minors

Centers & Programs for Black Students

Centers & Programs for Latino Students

Centers & Programs for Asian & AAPI Students

Centers & Programs for LGBTQ+ students

Tenured faculty will be eligible for review. Their tenure will be reconsidered by the board of trustees--who wil be chosen and appointed by the governor.

Sent this to my step dad who thinks DeSantis is a good job, said “oh their must be more to it than that” when I told him about him getting books banned in schools and then wouldn’t further engage. Waiting on a response back.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I wanted to be a college professor but I live in Florida and at the time, the big knock was they didn’t get paid all that well, so that was a major reason why I didn’t go down that path (Also the prospect of a poo poo ton more time in school after my BA). Seeing all that poo poo sickens me.

gently caress DeSantis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Hit piece out

Lmao

Also this sick filth

the Defector article from the other day has the headline Which three fingers did Ron Desantis use to slurp down chocolate pudding like a drat raccoon and honestly, my money cannot go to any better journalism. no notes.