Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
for Schenn's own good probably: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc91omYIxfY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

trilljester posted:

Reminder of one of the best goalie fights ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzD5RF7G2Qg

drat that was an amazing game too.

rip

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

grack posted:

Uh, no. The refs gave Schenn a 10 minute misconduct to get him out of the game so he wouldn't do anything else stupid. It's a pretty normal thing do.

Also Binnington has a hearing.

Yeah, it's because he skated over to try to start things up on a standard offside play without anything happening. Probably for trying to continue the fight from earlier.

Binnington got a match penalty, so that's auto-hearing and suspension level for being a dumbass. It's not the first time this season for him getting booted either, so it'll be interesting to see if it gets longer or not.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

trilljester posted:

wish Lindy still dressed like this, should dye his beard too go full Rick Rude

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

trilljester posted:

The whole brawl was amazing, but this was the best part.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Indeed, what a character. Need more goalies like him, less like Binnington.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

trilljester posted:

Indeed, what a character. Need more goalies like him, less like Binnington.

absolutely need more of both

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Jhet posted:

Binnington got a match penalty, so that's auto-hearing and suspension level for being a dumbass. It's not the first time this season for him getting booted either, so it'll be interesting to see if it gets longer or not.

The NHL can, and sometimes do, rescind a Match penalty. That said, Binnington jumped Hartman after the play ended and threw a punch with his blocker, both of which are considered serious infractions. The Match penalty was for the blocker punch.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

grack posted:

The NHL can, and sometimes do, rescind a Match penalty. That said, Binnington jumped Hartman after the play ended and threw a punch with his blocker, both of which are considered serious infractions. The Match penalty was for the blocker punch.

Oh right, I sometimes forget that the DoPS is a bunch of scrambled eggs. Match penalty should just be a match penalty. It's why it's there. It's the only game punishment in the rule book that can get changed after it's been given.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Jhet posted:

Oh right, I sometimes forget that the DoPS is a bunch of scrambled eggs. Match penalty should just be a match penalty. It's why it's there. It's the only game punishment in the rule book that can get changed after it's been given.
Counterpoint, this:
https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/1590208980059447297

Was correctly handled retroactively as:
https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1590403776090808321

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

2 games for Binnington

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/1636390351878656000?s=20

I dunno why this enrages me so because even if the Pens iced the best lineup they could they're probably still losing in the first round but god fuckin dammit am I tired of Jeff Carter polluting the lineup card game after game.

Lol. Lmao. After his showing in Montreal Jeff Carter has a 35% goals for. Dumoulin is 40%. He was also extremely bad. When put together the Penguins are approaching 5.5 actual goals against per 60 minutes of ice time. They 'net' a -4.7 goals against per 60. A team killingly bad combination.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
it's ok they're about to play the rangers a whole bunch and will probably kick the poo poo out of them because the rangers have been playing bad hockey a lot lately

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

it's ok they're about to play the rangers a whole bunch and will probably kick the poo poo out of them because the rangers have been playing bad hockey a lot lately

Pens are starting Jarry tonight who has been complete trash lately. He did beat the Rangers last week but that was with basically two periods of the Pens controlling play. Not so confident in a similar scenario playing out in New York.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hoping for a Blues/Bruins final just to see how Marchand would gently caress with Binnington. Worst rat vs biggest baby.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Marchment dead for a month.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Athletic posted:

New Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) commissioner Mario Cecchini expressed Thursday the need for a culture change, and a ban on fighting will be a part of that change. Here’s what you need to know:

Cecchini, who is replacing Gilles Courteau after his 37-year tenure ended amidst the hazing scandal that shook the Canadian Hockey League, addressed the topic during his introductory news conference, saying, “I think we just need to adjust, at least on the things that have been discussed, like fighting and hazing.”

The QMJHL governors voted two weeks ago on a new rule that would see players involved in a fight given a game misconduct. While details still need to be finalized, there will be consideration given if one player defends himself against an obvious instigator.

The president of the QMJHL executive committee Richard Létourneau, who headed the search that led to Cecchini’s hire, confirmed that the league was going ahead with a fighting ban after years of political pressure.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

WeaponX posted:

2 games for Binnington
DoPS explains it in a single line of the video: Entering an opponent's goal celebration, well after the play, for purposes of retribution won't be tolerated. They do need to keep a hard line on that.

I think the extra game for was taking the blocker and stick to the head against an unexpecting player.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

deoju posted:

Hoping for a Blues/Bruins final just to see how Marchand would gently caress with Binnington. Worst rat vs biggest baby.

This already happened and this was the outcome.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Paracaidas posted:

DoPS explains it in a single line of the video: Entering an opponent's goal celebration, well after the play, for purposes of retribution won't be tolerated. They do need to keep a hard line on that.

I think the extra game for was taking the blocker and stick to the head against an unexpecting player.

He is due for a calm the gently caress down suspension. Being a psycho when you get scored on is bad when you are also Jordan Binnington. They prolly shaved a game off because of humiliation....

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1636223733592645633?s=20

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
keep laughing but this only moves the blues that many more percentage points closer to winning the bedard lottery

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Binnington really needs to be suspended amd told that his being allowed to play in the NHL is conditioned on his enrolling, and staying enrolled, in an anger management program.

I realize this can't actually be done because CBA. But it's only a matter of time before he maims someone.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Binnington really needs to be suspended amd told that his being allowed to play in the NHL is conditioned on his enrolling, and staying enrolled, in an anger management program.

I realize this can't actually be done because CBA. But it's only a matter of time before he maims someone.

What's wrong with maiming? Crosby already chopped Marc Methot's finger off and didn't even get 2 minutes for it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

90% of the league has anger management issues, it’s just very noticeable when the goalie is particularly crazy

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/sportsnet/status/1636464078703960067?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Let them fight

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ban that ref.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County
James Reimer on NHLers' inclination for reading:

"James Reimer is a self-described bookworm, and has been his entire life. It’s not something that he spent a lot of time talking about with his teammates at previous stops during his 12-year NHL career... “I grew up always reading. It’s been pretty rare (with other teams) to see a guy reading a novel,” Reimer said. “You might see someone reading an autobiography, something like that. I almost never saw guys reading actual, physical books.""

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

settle down Mario. it's good for the game

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

settle down Mario. it's good for the game

Shocked the person that posted the insane murder hits from the 90s has this take.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Panthers and Canadiens combined for 10 goals in 13:18 of the first period, the fastest combined 10 goals in an NHL game ever.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Pungry posted:

The Panthers and Canadiens combined for 10 goals in 13:18 of the first period, the fastest combined 10 goals in an NHL game ever.

And theyre at 12 with 36 minutes to play

80s hockey baby

Edit: 13 with 36 to go

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
People bet money on this league

https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1636529851627896832?s=46&t=JGipJoH3wkxHlVpI9Q8vww

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Play to the whistle boys!

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
It's so funny. Here's the Avs broadcast of it:
https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status/1636530002681266178

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"It'll be good!"

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Been a busy day but I’m regards to Binnington :

The biggest irony is that his rep and style during the cup run was calm , cool and collected. Like, win, lose, he skated off all business every game / goal. None of this dumb poo poo he does now.

I guess he decided he could be an rear end in a top hat, and he really needs to rein it in and stop being a whiny bitch. There’s competitive , and there’s making your team look bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if something happened between 2019 and now that could have set him off like that.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder if something happened between 2019 and now that could have set him off like that.

The Blues have started losing incrementally more each season so good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

It always seems to be the Avs that score goals like this. Remember the Duchene goal where EVERYONE, even him, knew it was offsides, but they didn't blow the whistle, so he just did a quick deke and scored?