Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Range Viper says “exclusive” on the Walmart site but it’s also offered directly from Hasbro so I’m hoping it’s more of a timed exclusive and that eventually that guy sees wide release. I ordered two because two was the limit, but I would totally buy more. That’s a guy where I would like to have one to customize with a really fancy paint job just for fun. I want two just for the regular display. I grew up with two of them, technically because me and my brother got one each, but I regularly played with both of them together. Best GI Joe figure ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Xenomrph posted:

I actually just put in an order for that figure as part of Pulse’s warehouse sale!

That’s awesome! It’s such a great fig. The proton cannon is really well done.

I’m stoked to have a MVC-style Iron Man AND War Machine. The MVC War Machine is a straight up repaint but I gotta respect that. He was just a palette swap in-game so it works :cheers:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Range Viper says “exclusive” on the Walmart site but it’s also offered directly from Hasbro so I’m hoping it’s more of a timed exclusive and that eventually that guy sees wide release. I ordered two because two was the limit, but I would totally buy more. That’s a guy where I would like to have one to customize with a really fancy paint job just for fun. I want two just for the regular display. I grew up with two of them, technically because me and my brother got one each, but I regularly played with both of them together. Best GI Joe figure ever.

It's Walmart exclusive.

Pulse gets all the storefront exclusives in limited quantities. Sometimes they get restocks.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I cheated and did the war machine with all the stuff for my mvc2 collection. Don’t tell anyone!

So happy they made they made that cannon iron man though.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got Big Ben on the Canadian Wal Mart, Ranger Viper had sold out.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

I cheated and did the war machine with all the stuff for my mvc2 collection. Don’t tell anyone!

So happy they made they made that cannon iron man though.

Whoa! My dream is a MVC collection though it seems quite a tall task. Do you mind sharing some pics or telling me what you have in the collection?

Finding some of the game-accurate Marvel figs seemed quite expensive… and a lot of Capcom characters just straight up don’t exist in figure form :negative:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Der-Wreck posted:

Whoa! My dream is a MVC collection though it seems quite a tall task. Do you mind sharing some pics or telling me what you have in the collection?

Finding some of the game-accurate Marvel figs seemed quite expensive… and a lot of Capcom characters just straight up don’t exist in figure form :negative:

There's a long way to go for a full roster, but over the past few years you can pick up quite a few of the Marvel Roster just from Legends. Jada Toys has both a Street Fighter and Megaman line coming later this year. Both look excellent so far.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/JoeMashups/status/1636223538553126912

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Video doesn’t work I can’t see anything

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

There's a long way to go for a full roster, but over the past few years you can pick up quite a few of the Marvel Roster just from Legends. Jada Toys has both a Street Fighter and Megaman line coming later this year. Both look excellent so far.

Yah! I really considered that Spiral fig that was posted about. There was also that 90’s Cyclops too. Though if I was to go for a MVC roster, I think I’d only do MVC1. That would be a LOT easier LOL, roster-wise. Though I don’t think there’s a “Blue” version of Venom.

I’m hopeful that the Jada Toys SF line is good! I’m waiting till Chun-Li goes on pre-order to get Wave 1. Looks like they’re primarily doing SF2 which is fine but my wish is to get some deep cuts from SF3/4/5 and the Alpha series. I’d love to get a Q or BIG rear end HUGO fig.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Cena really stepped in it in regard to his comments about Vince McMhon two days ago with his "We all make mistakes" comment in regard to Vinces numerous SA's.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Der-Wreck posted:

I’m hopeful that the Jada Toys SF line is good! I’m waiting till Chun-Li goes on pre-order to get Wave 1. Looks like they’re primarily doing SF2 which is fine but my wish is to get some deep cuts from SF3/4/5 and the Alpha series. I’d love to get a Q or BIG rear end HUGO fig.

The Jada dude says they're committed to getting the SSFII 17 characters out before they move onto a new game. With they way they've structured the waves they can basically be done with those characters by next year if these start hitting quarterly.

Unbeliveably, the SSFII roster has never been completed. SHF wasn't too far off and STORM is close, but it's never been done. I'm hopeful it'll be successful so we see some of the characters from the other games. Adon and the Alpha roster are some of my big wants.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

HT Captain Rex is 20% off today at Sideshow… pretty tempting!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

The Jada dude says they're committed to getting the SSFII 17 characters out before they move onto a new game. With they way they've structured the waves they can basically be done with those characters by next year if these start hitting quarterly.

Unbeliveably, the SSFII roster has never been completed. SHF wasn't too far off and STORM is close, but it's never been done. I'm hopeful it'll be successful so we see some of the characters from the other games. Adon and the Alpha roster are some of my big wants.

I can dig that! I appreciate that their goal is to do a complete roster for SFII.

That’s crazy that the full SF roster isn’t complete in fig form. Who’s missing? I’m guessing Fei Long? (until now, with Jada)

I have the SOTA Toys Adon and he is incredible! He’s a front of the line in my SF collection. Though his joints are hella loose and tends to randomly fall and knock down a bunch of figs :doh:

I would love to finally get a decent Alpha Chun-Li. I’ve seen a few Japanese imports of Alpha Chun on eBay but oof they are ROUGH.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I remember in the 90s and maybe early 00s there were some Street Fighter figures that were kinda-sorta part of the original GI Joe 3.75” line and ostensibly based on the live action movie, and then a bunch of Toy Biz figures that I think were based on MVC, and either of those probably came closer to completing the roster than any of the collector lines that followed, but I never went over a checklist. I still have a GI Joe figure of Blanka somewhere and I am still amazed that it was a thing.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Der-Wreck posted:

I just started in December or so but this is my second attempt.

The old Toy Biz MVC toys are what kind of got me into collection (between that and the movie Spider-Man/ Iron Man from Marvel Legends).

I'm not even half way done and I have a few customs started/planned. And I am cheating a little bit on versions for now -- you should see the janky Thanos I'm using as a placeholder.

I had a near complete SOTA SF collection that I mixed with my Marvel Legends originally. They worked great until most of them kind of exploded.
Very interested in what Jada does.

There was an XVSF and MVC line. I think SOTA came closer to the original roster than Toy Biz did. If I get bored I'll make a chart.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 16, 2023

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The Last Call posted:

I didn't even think to check dot see eh! Congrats on the Ben.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

HT Captain Rex is 20% off today at Sideshow… pretty tempting!

Very - I wonder if I can stack my code I got from Ahsoka with it...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dang forgot to preorder the brain headed trooper. Oh well lol

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I remember in the 90s and maybe early 00s there were some Street Fighter figures that were kinda-sorta part of the original GI Joe 3.75” line and ostensibly based on the live action movie, and then a bunch of Toy Biz figures that I think were based on MVC, and either of those probably came closer to completing the roster than any of the collector lines that followed, but I never went over a checklist. I still have a GI Joe figure of Blanka somewhere and I am still amazed that it was a thing.

I would say most of the SFII characters have a figure somewhere, but getting to that roster of the full 17 is tough. There's very little reuse amongst the roster, but Jada said if the sales are there they're committed.

I had a bunch of those Joes, and if my memory serves they did roughly 12 of the characters. some of them were reuse from older joes. Balrog was just Big Boa with a different head. E. Honda got a dedicated sculpt!

Here's a semi recent video of the Jada dude going over the first two waves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kreY6mXg-jI&t=7s

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I would say most of the SFII characters have a figure somewhere, but getting to that roster of the full 17 is tough. There's very little reuse amongst the roster, but Jada said if the sales are there they're committed.

Here's a semi recent video of the Jada dude going over the first two waves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kreY6mXg-jI&t=7s

Yea very excited about this. The Storm stuff is good but spendy.
Ryu, Ken, Sim, Dictator and Chun Li cross things off my list.
Will probably get Storm Zangief because he's my favorite SF character.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 16, 2023

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

For anyone who didn’t get a range viper today, there should be another chance tomorrow at the same time, but more importantly the Python Patrol & Tiger Force exclusives from Target are still in stock on Pulse and have been for weeks, so I wouldn’t fret if you don’t lock something down this week.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I swapped out my Captain America Endgame helmet for one that's about a 0.5" larger and I'm selling my previous one that I had posted pictures of. PM me if interested. It's made by Jordan's Ironic Armory and is the best you can get.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Range Viper back up on walmart.ca to order.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/gi-joe...i/6000206338169

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Bless you. Here's hoping the preorders don't sell out, but as has been said, it'll be ok if not.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
He went back up on US Walmart too, ordered two more and I'm set with my 4.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Some of you may be pleased to know that after some consideration I did order myself a ML Happy Hogan figure so that I can customize a Foggy Nelson to hang out with Matt Murdock. I actually just sprang for the two pack with the gold Iron Man, which is a perfectly good toy but I’ll sell it cheap if anyone wants it. It really was not much cheaper to buy Happy on his own, I got the set for like $30 shipped. I will probably just use the Favreau head and sculpt new hair, but that’s subject to change according to my whims.

Now, ideally I will want a Karen Page as well, but that’s actually a trickier figure to customize because she’s just a blonde chick in business casual clothes and doesn’t have a lot of consistent and well-defined physical traits that make it recognizable as her. I can’t really think of an iconic look to go with. I’m open to suggestions.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I missed out on the Batmobile cause I wasn't trying to pay $16 bucks shipping and it sold out everywhere else instantly. Oh well, here's hoping I find it at retail even though something about it just doesn't look right to me.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Now, ideally I will want a Karen Page as well, but that’s actually a trickier figure to customize because she’s just a blonde chick in business casual clothes and doesn’t have a lot of consistent and well-defined physical traits that make it recognizable as her. I can’t really think of an iconic look to go with. I’m open to suggestions.

ML Moira MacTaggart?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

ML Moira MacTaggart?

poo poo man that’s a great idea, I will look for one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
epsilon, found a stray Samus at another Wal-Mart for ya, sent you a PM.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Some of you may be pleased to know that after some consideration I did order myself a ML Happy Hogan figure so that I can customize a Foggy Nelson to hang out with Matt Murdock. I actually just sprang for the two pack with the gold Iron Man, which is a perfectly good toy but I’ll sell it cheap if anyone wants it. It really was not much cheaper to buy Happy on his own, I got the set for like $30 shipped. I will probably just use the Favreau head and sculpt new hair, but that’s subject to change according to my whims.

Oh hell yes.

I'm gonna take a shot at a Foggy myself. I wound up ordering an Avengers 2021 Baron Zemo head, which I think is a pretty good comic Foggy fit. Would just need a little softening and new hair. I'm mostly used to customizing 1/6th scale fashion dolls, so this will be a fun experiment. I'm pretty good with Apoxie Sculpt and the like, at least, so I'm not entirely out of my depth.

As for Karen... I truly don't think she has anything specific.
Except maybe the outfit she died in with a baton sticking out of her chest? :v:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

HellOnEarth posted:

As for Karen... I truly don't think she has anything specific.
Except maybe the outfit she died in with a baton sticking out of her chest? :v:

Ha, I'm still kinda mad that happened. Writers have kinda done Karen dirty for years though.

Per Xeno's suggestion, I found a deal on a Moira MacTaggart figure which will be on its way soon. She has a perfect business casual outfit if you swap out of the lab coat. I totally already have a couple of readymade blonde lady heads I can pop on there - like a Sue Storm head and a Dagger head leftover from previous customs - and it's pretty much that simple. I'll just have to see what looks good on there.

Foggy is gonna need pretty much a head to toe repaint because he always wore earth tones, plus custom sculpting for the hair unless I pick another head, so he's maybe the most complicated of the gang, in the end. That Baron Zemo head isn't a bad choice either.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1636748390410387457?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That Groot looks like somebody squashed the image

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

That’s how he looked in the GotG Holiday Special too. CGI but really looked like someone in a padded suit.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

That’s how he looked in the GotG Holiday Special too. CGI but really looked like someone in a padded suit.

Probably because they want a Groot walking around the theme parks.

Counteresperanto
Jun 15, 2007

Achievement is its' own reward. Pride obscures it.

The Last Call posted:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/gi-joe...i/6000206338169

Available for pre-order again.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Snapped him up, too. Initially I was nonplussed, but I didn't realize he came with a gas mask head. Looks straight out of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., which is rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Groot is an absolute unit now in the MCU.