Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

drat, I hope y'alls jobs aren't at the rhyming couplet factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Akumu posted:

drat, I hope y'alls jobs aren't at the rhyming couplet factory.

*taps thread title*

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They hire the worst
We don't sell things here
Put yourself first
An aside about beer

My department all quit
They took back work from home
None of these parts fit
I just play on my phone

Dumb poo poo work does thread
I wish they were dead.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Roses are red
violets are blue
i work from home
until middle management goes 'boo hoo'

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My job has no chance of going into an office and I need to make sure I don't get myself laid off of fired because it is nice

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I’ve been sending out resumes and applying for stuff, not out of desperation but just looking around. Holy gently caress what happened to all the job sites? It feels like it’s all just an info harvester for spam now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're all terrible. The quality of search returned on any of the large generic ones is borderline unusable.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I love it when our project management service makes unannounced and undocumented changes to their API that break multiple reports that are supposed to be updated daily.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I was laid off
It's affecting me more than I would like to admit because much of my self image and much of my social interaction was tied to my job and I'm having trouble adjusting without a reason to even wake up in the morning

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Leave a voicemail at 8:40 AM, email me at 9:04 AM, then email my boss at 9:08 AM saying “just makin chili is unresponsive, I need help ASAP” is a real good way for me to never give a poo poo about helping you ever again.

My (mostly good) boss’s response when I told him the timeline of that interaction “wow what a bunch of BS”.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Leave a voicemail at 8:40 AM, email me at 9:04 AM, then email my boss at 9:08 AM saying “just makin chili is unresponsive, I need help ASAP” is a real good way for me to never give a poo poo about helping you ever again.

My (mostly good) boss’s response when I told him the timeline of that interaction “wow what a bunch of BS”.

Thank you for your slow service

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
I brought my lunch and ate early since someone scheduled a teams meeting during lunch hour. Probably best not to skip this one based on the attendees. Joined the teams meeting, no one's there. Someone IMs me to say "the monthly meeting is running over." OK so I'll wait. And wait. And wait. And eventually someone comes by my office, "oh hey that meeting invite was for lunch in the cafeteria."

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

*taps thread title*

I'd fallen way behind in the thread but that title was too good to pass up.

As a side-note, as a general PSA, if anyone sees a good thread title change then reporting it is a good way to get it seen. I had just happened to decide to catch up on the thread and caught that one, but it could have languished even longer if I hadn't randomly popped in. No guarantee that it will be acted on, but more often than not it's a good way to get thread titles changed.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Welp looks like at least half of the front desk staff, including myself, are all looking for other jobs. Id say front desk morale is pretty low, I dont think management is really noticing.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
NEW THREAD TITLE:
Dumb poo poo your work does: No guarantee that it will be acted on, but more often than not it's a good way to get thread titles changed.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

DreadUnknown posted:

Welp looks like at least half of the front desk staff, including myself, are all looking for other jobs. Id say front desk morale is pretty low, I dont think management is really noticing.

They won't notice or care until the green box in the spreadsheet for ticket resolution times turns red, and only care long enough to harass the few remaining employees to 'get those numbers down'.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

DreadUnknown posted:

Have they tried having a pizza party yet? They should try having a pizza party.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Genesplicer posted:

NEW THREAD TITLE:
Dumb poo poo your work does: No guarantee that it will be acted on, but more often than not it's a good way to get thread titles changed.

I think that's too many words...

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
As predicted, my promotion was postponed until next month so I can be used in my capacity of backup to the backup on workflow and audit reporting this week.

I'm horrible and clunky on this on a good day, mostly because I handle it maybe 2X a year.

I'm extra horrible and clunky on it when it's been replaced with an upgraded, web based system that broke all the macros, hides cases that need to be worked, and takes twice as long to do basic allocations. It also drops one out of every 100 cases for.. reasons.

As a result, a group that sends us between 120-140 cases a day are freaking out and sending me 10 emails a day about the one case a day the system drops. I answer why, let them know that it has been escalated, and copy in my manager who is way more on it than me and deals directly with the vendor.

They respond by asking the same question and replying to everyone but my manager.

I can't wait to move on.

I also got to talk to who will be my manager starting next month. The recruiter told me I would have to go to the office 3X a week for the first 3 months. However, this manager sees zero point in me doing so as I am the only person doing the new job in my location, so I get to stay full remote!

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
Double post.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7208272948094930182

New anti work page dropped

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Lol! That is amazing.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So old manager of about 2 years moved on up to the Transport team as a manager there in January. Mid-February we got a new manager transferred from another department. New manager finds new job and her last shift/pizza party was on the 16th. Normally I'd make sarcastic jokes about pizza parties but I'm totally fine with a "Hey, I'm OUT! Thank you for not burning down the building in the month I was responsible for you, and I have an allowance for pizza parties I need to spend anyways!"

Meanwhile Indeed finally figured out I'm interested in jobs that actually pay more than Amazon. As much as I'd like to finally escape the box factory it's kind of hard when I'm making 20-25% more than most of the jobs I keep getting offers for.

Especially after I found a job that's basically "Hide in the corner and make sure management doesn't hear the very important squeaky wheel squeaking."

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Volmarias posted:

If they really wanted to improve morale, they'd do what my workplace did.

Have a pizza party and make the employees pay if they wanted pizza. :shepicide:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

:stonk:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

LOL

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

The mental image of no employees paying and all the pizza being thrown out is hilarious to me.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Volmarias posted:

I have a meeting Monday to discuss the Fun Committee's food budget for the year. It's complicated because catering, travel, and training are in the same bucket this year and we want to spend as little as possible... while keeping morale up and putting the right people in the same room as possible.

This might not actually suck.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Oh God. I just remembered the after work meetings we used to have at the last brewery I worked at with cold cheap lovely fried food from the restaurant and stale beer the owner had gotten as samples. Usually it was so old it had noticable off flavors. We never drank our own beer which is fine since he was pushing out product after less than two weeks in the tank so all our beers had really bad diacetyl issues.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Just sweep up the factory floor anything that falls goes into the employee luncheon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TaurusTorus posted:

The mental image of no employees paying and all the pizza being thrown out is hilarious to me.

You think they would order it before the employees paid???

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Just sweep up the factory floor anything that falls goes into the employee luncheon.

And pay someone to gather lunch? I dunno. Could be more cost effective. Maybe an "all you can sweep buffet"?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

This is really common with government jobs. Basically there were regulations put in place after scandals about My TAX DOLLARS paying for a few senior people to hold a ten minute meeting over a weekend in Vegas, and as a result the office workers in the Fed Paperwork Factory need to all chip in out of their own pockets if they want a two pizzas in the lunchroom Christmas party.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have a meeting next week to explain that I sold almost twice as much stuff in a controlled comparative period. Lets see what happens ya'll!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did you at least insult the customer's mother so they would be less likely to buy from you in the future?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

We’re posting a job for my group and I may be able to successfully convince manager to remove the requirement that applicants have a year of experience in our larger dept. As the last time it was posted, this limited our candidate pool by making 98% of the company ineligible and we only got one applicant, and no one in the existing team had been in the larger dept before joining.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hyrax Attack! posted:

We’re posting a job for my group and I may be able to successfully convince manager to remove the requirement that applicants have a year of experience in our larger dept. As the last time it was posted, this limited our candidate pool by making 98% of the company ineligible and we only got one applicant, and no one in the existing team had been in the larger dept before joining.

Are they going to hire external applicants with no experience in your larger dept if they can't fill the position internally?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Everytime I ask what my employees want as a reward or moral boost or whatever at least one of them keeps yelling for pizza parties so idk.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have you tried telling them they can eat pizza at any time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

McGavin posted:

Are they going to hire external applicants with no experience in your larger dept if they can't fill the position internally?

Oh man I hope not, one time they vetoed an internal candidate I liked who was hardworking and knew our systems for unclear reasons, and brought in an external hire for a technical position who didn’t know how to use a desk telephone. Not that this person needed info on how to place external calls, it was “pick up receiver, ignore buttons on phone, begin pressing numbers on keyboard and get mad it isn’t working.”