Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mojo1701a posted:

He's a 6'3" bear of a man. Major General Brett Hawthorne deserves respect for every single inch he's earned.

If ben got respect for every inch he earned, he would have one respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

bird food bathtub posted:

Behind The Bastards did a laugh-reading of Benji's published books. "A 6 foot bear of a man" is really easy to laugh at for multiple reasons. It ends up with everything and everyone the short fascist supports being abject failures because it was supposed to be a dramatic cliffhanger. It was too miserable a failure and he never "wrote" the sequel.

I often come back to the short story about the shrunk guy who's about to grow back to normal size whilst in his boss' stomach and how that's an abortion metaphor somehow. Or the one about the combine harvester revenge fratricide. Just incredible examples of prose.

God, what a guy.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I often come back to the short story about the shrunk guy who's about to grow back to normal size whilst in his boss' stomach and how that's an abortion metaphor somehow. Or the one about the combine harvester revenge fratricide. Just incredible examples of prose.

God, what a guy.

His dystopian story was worse. At least that second one was somewhat imaginative. The third one was just a knock-off of a knock-off of a knock-off of 1984 by someone who ended up reading a plot synopsis of The Giver instead. It was absolutely soulless and without imagination.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/JUNlPER/status/1636417767690715138

:lmao: was wondering if that clown was going to acknowledge that he was tricked

i appreciate this reference :unsmith:

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Stephen Crowder totally reeks of "former theater kid" also, its so obvious.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Or the one about the combine harvester revenge fratricide

That one sounds interesting. Provided it's the sentient harvesters doing the fratricide - two guys feuding over farming equipment is a story literally old as dirt

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

https://twitter.com/JUNlPER/status/1636417767690715138

:lmao: was wondering if that clown was going to acknowledge that he was tricked

I'm really confused (or not surprised). Does he think that person looks completely different in the two photos? As far as I can tell, it's just the haircut. And now I think I get why he's afraid of women wearing lipstick at work. He must think it's a new person with every shade of rouge.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

DreadUnknown posted:

Stephen Crowder totally reeks of "former theater kid" also, its so obvious.

He literally is, he did a good number of small live action and voice acting roles before deciding to give up and become a full time chud commentator. In fact, his biggest acting role is being a former voice of Brain in Arthur.

Brett Cooper, aka the female Ben Shapiro, is also a failed actress and screenwriter.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

RedSnapper posted:

That one sounds interesting. Provided it's the sentient harvesters doing the fratricide - two guys feuding over farming equipment is a story literally old as dirt

As I recall, they were feuding over the fact that one of the brothers got a sick rear end knife as a gift in their childhood while the other brother got some nerd poo poo.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

I'm really confused (or not surprised). Does he think that person looks completely different in the two photos? As far as I can tell, it's just the haircut. And now I think I get why he's afraid of women wearing lipstick at work. He must think it's a new person with every shade of rouge.

Which is funny because that's how he describes autism- if you remove a chair it's a whole new room.

She also has a septum piercing in the first photo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Benny Harvey posted:

Which is funny because that's how he describes autism- if you remove a chair it's a whole new room.

She also has a septum piercing in the first photo.

As someone who is autistic I'm too baffled to be offended.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm not autistic but this is pretty much how I go through life too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I took the risk of actually reading the Jorp tweet, and that’s not what he’s saying? He’s talking about what it “doesn’t mean”, not what it says about anyone.

Guy’s a moron, but this QT is also dumb.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It does seem like a gross oversimplification of tendencies of people with autism (I being one of them, apparently) to be so taken aback with certain changes that it can totally throw them for a loop. But knowing his pattern for completely mishandling/misunderstanding basic concepts, I wouldn't hold my analysis to be necessarily accurate.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/docnoir_/status/1638400398414303232?s=20

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:lol:

Yes, most of us felt that way as children when we learned what music was.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Jorp is so bereft of emotional connection in life that he fights tears at the ORDER AND CHAOS of people enjoying music. That thing our entire species does and has done since Ug started banging two sticks together. Imagine being the guy who gets weepy over a bar band playing ghost riders in the storm

edit:ghost riders in the sky but gently caress it that's way better.

thunderspanks fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 23, 2023

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

thunderspanks posted:

Jorp is so bereft of emotional connection in life that he fights tears at the ORDER AND CHAOS of people enjoying music. That thing our entire species does and has done since Ug started banging two sticks together. Imagine being the guy who gets weepy over a bar band playing ghost riders in the storm

He seems to have a pretty good emotional connection with benzos

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

And he's not getting up at 10pm to bus loving tables.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

for me it really speaks to the core of peterson's ideology that both of them have their eyes closed while ostensibly dancing with each other.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ghostlight posted:

for me it really speaks to the core of peterson's ideology that both of them have their eyes closed while ostensibly dancing with each other.

He is avoiding looking at chaos and she is avoiding looking at order it is natural and furthermore,

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

it would be great if he was so taken by barband music he just hung up his "intellectual" hat and became one of those weird boomer wasters you meet in those environments, nevermore to bother the wider world woth his bullshit.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

His brain is loving fried. Imagine weeping as you remember hearing a band play a song.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Jorp... Jorp! It's supposed to be the guitar that gently weeps!

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Everybody in the audience was having this weird reaction, somebody called it "fun". Is this...the chaos dragon? :qqpeters:

lol, "genuine meaning", musicians try to convey some sort of feeling through music, yes, it's part of the whole "art" thing but he doesn't understand that either.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Maybe now that Jorp is off of benzos (heh, maybe) he is starting to experience genuine human emotions and it's just too much for him to handle.

I can understand that. Good luck Jordan in your new adventure of trying to become a human being.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A real zero. A real dipshit human being.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
a dude who has devoted his life not only to clawing back any human progress away from misery, but actually personally being the most miserable sack of poo poo alive, experienced half a second of the loving blues brothers country western bar scene. of course that would destroy him

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I wonder if it's the case that he's only ever listened to "classical" music, felt nothing, but the second he hears the corniest bar music he bursts into tears.

He could just have really trashy taste.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
lol Jorpy you benzo fried dipshit. You're your own worst punishment and I'm glad your life is turning out miserable and weepy due entirely to your own actions. Even in the middle of this dumb poo poo honky tonk 'revelation' you're still going on about chaos and order. You deserve yourself.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It was really clear after his treatment that something went terribly wrong because it's when he started crying about everything. I saw one of his defenders claim the medically induced coma thing was a lie but they definitely broke something in the guy.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Remember that Wet rear end P-Word was a cultural battleground for these guys

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I got your chaos and order right here.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

kntfkr posted:

I got your chaos and order right here.

pretty good nicknames for boobs

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Groovelord Neato posted:

It was really clear after his treatment that something went terribly wrong because it's when he started crying about everything. I saw one of his defenders claim the medically induced coma thing was a lie but they definitely broke something in the guy.

I'm not saying the coma didn't do a number on him but he did have weepy episodes before it too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Maybe now that Jorp is off of benzos (heh, maybe) he is starting to experience genuine human emotions and it's just too much for him to handle.

I can understand that. Good luck Jordan in your new adventure of trying to become a human being.

Tbf that video is super old. Like.... I think it came out before "up yours, woke moralists", so I'd can whatever hope you had for him.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Tbf that video is super old. Like.... I think it came out before "up yours, woke moralists", so I'd can whatever hope you had for him.

It was post coma though.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Joe Rogan Experience #1769, January 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'll never be smart enough to weep over a mediocre bar band, how sad, what a lovely life i lead