Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
buzz looks like he's about to have an aneurysm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PRINCETON

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm just glad that Penn State just isn't getting bounced immediately

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/MitchJonas4/status/1636063568369008640?s=20

About how I feel right now

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
God drat this is loving great

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Roasted Donut posted:

God drat this is loving great

:hmmyes:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I was a senior in high school the last time I saw Penn State win an NCAA tournament game. Joe Crispin

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I am now recalling how emphatically Charles Barkley said A&M was going to run away with it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://www.espn.com/perfect-bracket/2023/mens/16

A surprising number of people like me who thought Utah State and UNC Asheville would pull off upsets.

(lol @ that A&M number)

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 17, 2023

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

PostNouveau posted:

I am now recalling how emphatically Charles Barkley said A&M was going to run away with it.

I don't like to say a bad word about sir charles but i cussed my tv out at him saying that and am glad to be proven right

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

I. M. Gei posted:

A surprising number of people like me who thought Utah State and UNC Asheville would pull off upsets.

(lol @ that A&M number)

lmfao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I can understand homer bracket filling it out especially since I did this year, but being knowledgeable enough to get a bracket that's perfect other than Texas A&M is a weird form of positional blindness that 11 million people apparently have.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

(lol @ that A&M number)

Utah State was actually favored despite the seeding.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU gets a 9:10am PST tip off on Saturday.

One of two west coast teams playing on Saturday and UCLA gets a 5:40pm tip off while we have to play at 9am. Awful.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Grittybeard posted:

Only if your final four team gets knocked off in the first weekend imo. Other than that no one cares.

I had Arizona in the National Championship Game lmao

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I. M. Gei posted:

(lol @ that A&M number)

Something is hosed up with that graphic because they don’t even mention Arizona, which I guarantee hosed up 95% of the brackets.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Something is hosed up with that graphic because they don’t even mention Arizona, which I guarantee hosed up 95% of the brackets.

Confused me too, I'm imagining that is the percentage of brackets that were perfect except for that one team that screwed everything up for you maybe?

Or maybe it's just messed up, I don't know.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 17, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea, that’s probably the case since it would be pretty boring with just AZ covering the whole thing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It would be pretty sad to luck into a perfect first-round bracket except you're a Howard alum and it was your homer bracket. You wasted all that good luck!

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

zogoposting to catch up with the rest of today's action that i missed out on:

illinois: lol

iowa: lmao. eat poo poo fran

Not an emptyquote

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Taking the day off work to drink margaritas and watch the tournament at a bar with Poque :cheers:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Everyone who picked Zona to advance past the S16 didn't watch the Pac12 championship game. Zona looked absolutely awful against an undermanned UCLA team. The last 6 minutes of the game UCLA's tallest defender was JJJ at 6'7 and the guards couldn't find a way to get Ballo or Tubelis the ball in the post. I'd be shocked if Tubelis stayed another year, Boswell is their only decent guard and Lloyd still has Kriisa "running" the "offense".

That same UCLA lineup just demolished their 15 seed by 33 pts.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don't have UCLA going far in any of my brackets but I had UNC Asheville upsetting them in my goon bracket.

I don't think anyone was expecting them to bounce back the way they did last night.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

god but I wish Oral Roberts had beaten Duke I like making jokes about their name

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
UCLA lost their best player and starting center in 2021 and made the final four with the same core (Jacquez/Campbell). If Bona can play the rest of the tournament, they're still a final four quality team without Clark.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Go Big Ten today

And every day, really

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gorman Thomas posted:

UCLA lost their best player and starting center in 2021 and made the final four with the same core (Jacquez/Campbell). If Bona can play the rest of the tournament, they're still a final four quality team without Clark.

we'll see what boo buie has to say about that!!!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Go Big Ten today

And every day, really

To be honest it is very fun to root for some big ten teams getting owned, especially if they are Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, or Michigan State.

Watching Izzo, Fran, or Underwood get humiliated rules.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 17, 2023

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
March Izzo bullshit fully operational

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Taking the day off work to drink margaritas and watch the tournament at a bar with Poque :cheers:

Have fun! Tell Poque I said Hi!

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
USF's post player has crazy footwork, too bad about the rest of the team.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Sparty can't defend in the paint at all.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

To be honest it is very fun to root for some big ten teams getting owned, especially if they are Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, or Michigan State.

My least favorite big ten teams are Wisconsin and Michigan, but I'll still root for them over non-Big-Ten teams.

I get that Northwestern fans hate Illinois, but at least in my experience in the two years I attended Illinois, we don't even think about Northwestern enough to hate them.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

we'll see what boo buie has to say about that!!!!!!

Scoring guards are one of UCLAs few weaknesses so I think this game will be a lot closer!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Everyone who picked Zona to advance past the S16 didn't watch the Pac12 championship game. Zona looked absolutely awful against an undermanned UCLA team. The last 6 minutes of the game UCLA's tallest defender was JJJ at 6'7 and the guards couldn't find a way to get Ballo or Tubelis the ball in the post. I'd be shocked if Tubelis stayed another year, Boswell is their only decent guard and Lloyd still has Kriisa "running" the "offense".

That same UCLA lineup just demolished their 15 seed by 33 pts.

They didn't force contact or get Princeton into foul trouble or take advantage of the fact that the team doesn't have much offensive firepower, and they didn't come back from being down most of the game, they were instead mostly in control of it and lost it at the end. If they would have played like they played against UCLA they would have won that game like they won like they did against UCLA, a team with a much better defense and a better offense.

Like you're selling UCLA short by comparing them to Princeton.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I'm not surprised by it, but Kennesaw State plays completely feral.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Marquette would've blown out USF if they could've converted 2nd chance opportunities, and now they somehow trail.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

lol nice dive USC

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Did they really not call that a flop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Marquette v S FL getting incredibly tedious