Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I will never root for Wisconsin. Not even in the NIT!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

We'll see if Xavier can get hold of itself at halftime. Right now, they're dealing very poorly with Kennesaw State's unstructured chaos.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Rick posted:

They didn't force contact or get Princeton into foul trouble or take advantage of the fact that the team doesn't have much offensive firepower, and they didn't come back from being down most of the game, they were instead mostly in control of it and lost it at the end. If they would have played like they played against UCLA they would have won that game like they won like they did against UCLA, a team with a much better defense and a better offense.

Like you're selling UCLA short by comparing them to Princeton.

I wasn't making a direct comparison between UCLA and Princeton. My point is that Zona barely put away a team that they had nearly every conceivable advantage against. UCLA had zero bigs against, arguably, the best front court in the NCAA, Vegas is essentially a home game for Zona, and Kriisa fouled out (lol). That performance last week should have been a huge red flag for the tourney. Everything you pointed out about Lloyd's game plan is correct. There's zero reason Princeton should havve had a chance with 10 minutes left in the game.

I'm a huge UCLA homer but I still want Zona, SC and ASU, to do well in the tournament.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
OT in game 1 after an exceptionally dumb foul

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My perception of UCSB is that they can hit a billion threes but I have not paid a second of attention to them this year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's oaf season baby

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hell of a sequence by MSU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Gorman Thomas posted:

I wasn't making a direct comparison between UCLA and Princeton. My point is that Zona barely put away a team that they had nearly every conceivable advantage against. UCLA had zero bigs against, arguably, the best front court in the NCAA, Vegas is essentially a home game for Zona, and Kriisa fouled out (lol). That performance last week should have been a huge red flag for the tourney. Everything you pointed out about Lloyd's game plan is correct. There's zero reason Princeton should havve had a chance with 10 minutes left in the game.

I'm a huge UCLA homer but I still want Zona, SC and ASU, to do well in the tournament.

All right that's fair. Arizona lost to Stanford and Wazzu so yeah it's been a pattern all year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Michigan state really getting shafted by the refs

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tom Izzo throwing a giant baby fit is always hilarious

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wtf is a kennesaw

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gorman Thomas posted:

my friend from UCLA has been talking poo poo on Arizona all week and he could not have a bigger I told you so moment than he's having now.

https://twitter.com/daviddavidwoods/status/1636494735253852160?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

edit: not to pile on but

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1636539376317472774

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 17, 2023

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

what the gently caress is happening Xavier?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

That steal by MSU :eyepop:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's oaf season baby

Stealing this for eternity

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

M-M-M-Monster block

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
USF clutches it out and now gets to be nuked off the face of the earth by South Carolina

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Xavier please get your poo poo together I have you in the final

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
These young guys on Kennesaw St are hitting some very cool shots.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Rick posted:

These young guys on Kennesaw St are hitting some very cool shots.

Everything you want from a winning underdog, aggressive defence and some incredible shots

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Boogie Ellis looks real uncomfortable against physical guards. USC is cooked

And Hauser hits his 4th 3, Izzo advances again

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

Boogie Ellis looks real uncomfortable against physical guards. USC is cooked

And Hauser hits his 4th 3, Izzo advances again

Izzo bullshit is one of the NCAA Tourney Truths

e:
Also, imagine if we had two 14 over 3 upsets on the same day :eyepop:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

gently caress my bracket go Kennesaw

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Go Kennesaw!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Jesus Christ MSU just missed the first shot in three consecutive one-and-ones. :psyduck:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

And Baylor's losing now lol

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Jesus Christ MSU just missed the first shot in three consecutive one-and-ones. :psyduck:

Just missed the first shot in the double bonus too

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
baylor looks like they should be running the gauchos out of the building, yet they are.....not

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Baylor shooting bad and they keep turning the ball over, but they’re still only down by 2

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kennesaw let's fuckin go

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

gently caress my bracket go Kennesaw

The good thing is that this would gently caress up most everyone's bracket!

Edit: 13 point lead :lol:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Xavier needs a savior

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Xavier's been playing fine the last five minutes or so but it turns out it's hard to win a game where you spot the other team 13 points.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dango Bango posted:

Izzo bullshit is one of the NCAA Tourney Truths

e:
Also, imagine if we had two 14 over 3 upsets on the same day :eyepop:

This follows the pattern. MSU wins tourney games when they are good or bad. never when they're in the middle. this team is bad and may keep winning games

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
speaking of universities i would like to lose just based on their culture and history alone: Baylor

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm here for the Gauchos

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kennesaw :(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

This follows the pattern. MSU wins tourney games when they are good or bad. never when they're in the middle. this team is bad and may keep winning games

One of their best teams ever lost to a 15 seed and they've made Final Fours as a 5. There is no predicting what any individual Izzo squad will do. For the longest time they were basically guaranteed to win any second round or Elite Eight game they got to but even that has become more seemingly random.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Oh no :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Kennesaw State collapsing.