Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hasn't Trump nicknamed him Meatball Ron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Speaking of DeSantis, I was just reading about this

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/999/?Tab=BillHistory

Sent this to my step dad who thinks DeSantis is a good job, said “oh their must be more to it than that” when I told him about him getting books banned in schools and then wouldn’t further engage. Waiting on a response back.

The same bill will make it so all tenure is a facade and every current faculty's job depends on whether or not the politically appointed board of governors likes them personally. The same body, all chosen by the governor, are responsible for all faculty hiring decisions as well. They can delegate only to the president of the university who cannot delegate it further and all of their decisions must be approved by the BoG.

It's really quite hosed and one would think it would prompt a response from the DoJ and DoE when it passes.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Yeah, real return to form after the stinker that was Ron De-sanctimonious

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lol one of the companies I interviewed for and turned down just called me (two months later) asking if I was still looking for a job and if my “salary demands” were still what they were and if I’d take their offer. It was 30k less than what I’m shooting for and what the role pays out at competitors.

I told them that if they were still trying to find someone for the role two month later to the point they’re calling people back that turned them down, maybe they should raise what they’re willing to pay for the role instead of asking people if they’ve given up.

Just really rubbed me the wrong way

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol one of the companies I interviewed for and turned down just called me (two months later) asking if I was still looking for a job and if my “salary demands” were still what they were and if I’d take their offer. It was 30k less than what I’m shooting for and what the role pays out at competitors.

I told them that if they were still trying to find someone for the role two month later to the point they’re calling people back that turned them down, maybe they should raise what they’re willing to pay for the role instead of asking people if they’ve given up.

BuT nO oNe WaNtS tO wOrK aNyMoRe

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Tiny D is the latest

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh hey turns out my job is training two new people to do my job and haven’t told me.

Wonderful.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Joey Freshwater posted:

I imagine that's step 3 if they can't find anyone who's given up.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

No, it is the kids laborers who are wrong

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

I imagine that's step 3 if they can't find anyone who's given up.

It's probably more like step never.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh hey turns out my job is training two new people to do my job and haven’t told me.

Wonderful.

Didn't we just have a conversation earlier about not getting a heads-up that one be would be fired soon?

I'd seriously consider following up on that small acting gig, Fiz.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

I hope you laughed heartily.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I left my team at Starz for a much nicer job and I just found out that everyone on my team has now left as well like rats fleeing the ship.

I'm only posting this to say drat it feels nice to be the first and not the last like so many other jobs in the past. It's like I learned my lesson

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

kiimo posted:

I left my team at Starz for a much nicer job and I just found out that everyone on my team has now left as well like rats fleeing the ship.

I'm only posting this to say drat it feels nice to be the first and not the last like so many other jobs in the past. It's like I learned my lesson

Important lesson:

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1125839557352742913

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

So true, so true

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love unions and union protected jobs

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hit da bricks

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I had someone who's department is considering unionizing ask me if I thought paying the dues is worth it since he couldn't really see the benefits. I told him it's absolutely worth it, you won't get hosed over, and hey get benefits.

I wish I could join a union as an LTE :(

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Rules

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

GOOOO GAUCHOS OLE OLE OLE

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

GOOOO GAUCHOS OLE OLE OLE

I’m rooting for them and so is most of the section I’m in :getin:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I read that as onions and it still made sense.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
When I left my last job my boss at the time said "hey I'll see you at one of [former co-worker]'s parties next summer" (we both stayed friends with said co-worker). That was in September 2019 lol, though I am going to see that co-worker again tomorrow!

Evergreen post

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Freaquency posted:

I’m rooting for them and so is most of the section I’m in :getin:

YASS

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Wonderful.

Oh I'm not worried. Good time to look for healthcare jobs, and I have my overnight ortho gig, and I left my other gig on good terms. Probably gonna look for a travel gig. Nurses told me because my coworker/supervisor (who the nurses hate) let it slip and are all furious.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 17, 2023

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

perhaps i am bad luck

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Louis DeJoy will apparently be visiting my postal plant, thankfully on my day off, because I don't know if I could keep my tongue bit and he's going to be hanging out in the area I most directly work.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Great day on the slopes

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The funny thing about that role is that it’s posted as Assistant Sales Branch Manager and it’s 100% Assistant (to the) Sales Branch Manager

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Awh, RIP Cedric Daniels

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Awh, RIP Cedric Daniels

oh wtf

quote:

Lance posted a selfie video on social media Wednesday morning, appearing to be at home with his dogs instead of attending the 'Wick 4' premiere in New York City ... though he never mentioned why he wasn't going to the premiere.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Bobby Fingers graces us with a St. Patrick's Day gift:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHi479xN_po

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

Awh, RIP Cedric Daniels

Jesus, gently caress this, dude was rad, my favorite random appearance was in the Guest

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i have this on my laptop main page, yes

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

well, UCSB, you tried for a half. time to drink in hell.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

Awh, RIP Cedric Daniels

drat he was only 60

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

i have this on my laptop main page, yes

I don't think I could handle seeing "if your quick" every day but otherwise no notes.

Also old man yells at cloud that social media is ruining "you're" and one day it will be replaced out of laziness

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

kiimo posted:

I don't think I could handle seeing "if your quick" every day but otherwise no notes.

Also old man yells at cloud that social media is ruining "you're" and one day it will be replaced out of laziness

I hope to one day live in a world where "their" has gone the way of "thou"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

it literally has

I can say that since literally literally has no meaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Literally meaning figuratively is very funny, and I truly appreciate it. Break the shackles of junior high english.