Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I just got the 3rd stage of the new crafting tribe, I really hope that stand shows up at fanfest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Hoard chests spawn on trap locations so if you find them you're not being too careful.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

new commission just came through 🙏

https://twitter.com/Mihira_Fanfic/status/1636564405461876737

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I missed the early patch day quests but I'm certain I haven't missed a lopporit day since then. But I'm at 720, which isn't enough to hit Honored tomorrow. What the heck, man.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Thundarr posted:

I missed the early patch day quests but I'm certain I haven't missed a lopporit day since then. But I'm at 720, which isn't enough to hit Honored tomorrow. What the heck, man.
I think that's correct? We'll be hitting the 4th stage of it at that point

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Martman posted:

I think that's correct? We'll be hitting the 4th stage of it at that point

I thought a few people mentioned they got that rank today, which confused me.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Thundarr posted:

oh drat, I thought you meant the post at the top of this page. I probably missed one too, and you must have missed one extra

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Thundarr posted:

On patch days it's possible to log in after the patch goes live but before the daily reset to do the first round of tribe quests, and then do another round after the daily reset. People who did that and continued doing quests every day got the next rank today, people who've just been doing the normal 1 a day hit it tomorrow.

Edit: I missed the earlier post. I'm at 900/990 without having done the extra quests the first day, though.

Extortionist fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 17, 2023

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you do the thing where you accept all quests one day and turn them in the next, and those quests rank you up, you don't get the extra set of quests from ranking up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I still don't get why they wasted precious dev cycles making male viera when they had lopporits. Femhroth would've been a better use of their time.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Male Viera were just requested so loudly and so widely. Thankfully we are getting female Hrothgar as well, though almost certainly not until 7.0 comes with its graphics overhaul.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Thundarr posted:

I did. You probably did miss a day on accident. Although theoretically, sometimes the rep math works out in a stupid way. IE you get a set of 3 dailies and only need to turn in 2 to unlock the next rep step so if you hand in that 3rd daily before doing the phase unlock, it's rep is lost to the ether.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
...so this guy says he needs some special chondrite to further improve my weapon and suggested that I should acquire some "complimentary chondrite" from Rowena's rep down in the plaza.

Well,

"Oh, no no. You see, that's just the brand name!"

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Crackerjack posted:

...so this guy says he needs some special chondrite to further improve my weapon and suggested that I should acquire some "complimentary chondrite" from Rowena's rep down in the plaza.

Well,

"Oh, no no. You see, that's just the brand name!"

"complementary", not "complimentary". That's some Rowena branding magic right there.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

HPanda posted:

"complementary", not "complimentary". That's some Rowena branding magic right there.

What!? Those are two different words?

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Crackerjack posted:

What!? Those are two different words?

Yep! Compl e mentary means "combining to enhance the whole" and compl i mentary means "flattering or free of charge"

Bamboozled again!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Me fail English, that unpossible!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Failboattootoot posted:

I did. You probably did miss a day on accident. Although theoretically, sometimes the rep math works out in a stupid way. IE you get a set of 3 dailies and only need to turn in 2 to unlock the next rep step so if you hand in that 3rd daily before doing the phase unlock, it's rep is lost to the ether.

I did that with the dwarves (long after knowing better) and I still kick myself for wasting a turn in

E: Next Live Letter date!!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1636698972822863873?t=uldhkm9te6C6ytwB9U3hYQ&s=19

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 17, 2023

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

This looks great, I love this person's style. What's the process people usually go through for commissioning artwork like this? I see that person's Twitter is Japanese which I don't speak or read a lick of and would feel very weird asking questions about price and whatnot.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Martian Manfucker posted:

This looks great, I love this person's style. What's the process people usually go through for commissioning artwork like this? I see that person's Twitter is Japanese which I don't speak or read a lick of and would feel very weird asking questions about price and whatnot.

Skeb is the go to at the moment, and since it uses your twitter login you can see artists you follow who take commissions on it, along with things like who people you follow commission from. It is a Japanese first platform but used DeepL to translate requests, although if you can find someone who is willing to manually translate you’ll probably be better off. Artists will sometimes turn down the auto translated ones because they don’t want to deal with the layer of ambiguity but plenty of people go through it

There are some things to be aware of, Skeb wants you to limit communication to your initial description which means it has some restrictions on what you can link. I know a friend who got flagged when she was just attacking reference images, but she was able to just change where she hosted it and it worked fine afterwards.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I can't read this guy's posts and the translator isn't super reliable, I think he might be floating around the idea of commissioning WoLs and putting them into the center of the big group photo he made? Can anyone confirm or deny that? I'd do that in a heartbeat if that's something this person ends up doing

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

RME posted:

Skeb is the go to at the moment, and since it uses your twitter login you can see artists you follow who take commissions on it, along with things like who people you follow commission from. It is a Japanese first platform but used DeepL to translate requests, although if you can find someone who is willing to manually translate you’ll probably be better off. Artists will sometimes turn down the auto translated ones because they don’t want to deal with the layer of ambiguity but plenty of people go through it

There are some things to be aware of, Skeb wants you to limit communication to your initial description which means it has some restrictions on what you can link. I know a friend who got flagged when she was just attacking reference images, but she was able to just change where she hosted it and it worked fine afterwards.
Every time I've tried to use Skeb and register for notifications when people open, it did jack poo poo and I never got updates. Do you have to actually... be on twitter to get these notifications?

Wish they had a non-twitter option right now, I tell you what

RME
Feb 20, 2012

You have to check Skeb itself, it doesn’t use your login like that

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ah, hell, DST messed up when I thought reset was, and now I've not only missed a day, but the bonus quests for the new rank. :argh:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nessus posted:

Every time I've tried to use Skeb and register for notifications when people open, it did jack poo poo and I never got updates. Do you have to actually... be on twitter to get these notifications?

Wish they had a non-twitter option right now, I tell you what

When I check the skeb page you get a notification but overall I find skeb to well, sketchy as in they make you agree to TOS that even if the artist ignored your guidelines for the art you cannot ask for a refund. So you end up gambling each time if the artist actually understood your request or not and maybe they didn't feel like drawing that day after waiting like 30 days for artwork you might not even like the end because of reasons.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

I'm against this

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You Voidsent Fiend!

In other news I really like doing the non-MSQ stuff on my steamdeck but I wish it didn't have a bad habbit of "sticking around" in the background. Might be something I need to cook a bash script up for or something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Not the biggest accomplishment in the world, but I just soloed Holminster Switch on my summoner unsynced. Everything was okay (though possible to overpull) until the final boss. Had to do some planning for that one.

Everything's okay at the start until the chains you're supposed to have a party for, no choice but to eat it. Phoenix comes right afterward to heal you but you get 3 vuln stacks and then there's a tankbuster, line stack and Pendulum right in a row before they fall off. Had to maximize use of my shields to make it through that.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bruceski posted:

Not the biggest accomplishment in the world, but I just soloed Holminster Switch on my summoner unsynced. Everything was okay (though possible to overpull) until the final boss. Had to do some planning for that one.

Everything's okay at the start until the chains you're supposed to have a party for, no choice but to eat it. Phoenix comes right afterward to heal you but you get 3 vuln stacks and then there's a tankbuster, line stack and Pendulum right in a row before they fall off. Had to maximize use of my shields to make it through that.

Learning what I can solo as I advance is pretty fun. I generally use Red Mage for speed and survivability, though for a while I was regularly doing Ifrit EX as SCH. Just today I soloed Living Liquid for Wondrous Tails. Wiped on the trash pack because the Karlabos-type hit me with Tail Screw and immediately Dropsy. Living Liquid itself was simple but tedious.

Still can't do Bahamut, though. He just throws multiple unique vuln stacks at me until he farts and I fall over.

Anything with imprison mechanics is a crapshoot, need to wait it out to see if it's "damage until dead" or just "take a big hit as you're freed." Titan's Granite Gaol is the latter, and while you're in it you're also immune to his other attacks so it's almost a rest break.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dareon posted:

Learning what I can solo as I advance is pretty fun. I generally use Red Mage for speed and survivability, though for a while I was regularly doing Ifrit EX as SCH. Just today I soloed Living Liquid for Wondrous Tails. Wiped on the trash pack because the Karlabos-type hit me with Tail Screw and immediately Dropsy. Living Liquid itself was simple but tedious.

Still can't do Bahamut, though. He just throws multiple unique vuln stacks at me until he farts and I fall over.

Anything with imprison mechanics is a crapshoot, need to wait it out to see if it's "damage until dead" or just "take a big hit as you're freed." Titan's Granite Gaol is the latter, and while you're in it you're also immune to his other attacks so it's almost a rest break.

Is that "as you advance in level"? I remember doing that with Coils as I leveled my Bard, can't remember when I hit various thresholds but it's the sort of self-imposed and only-self-affecting (as opposed to doing raids as a lancer and similar "annoy the other players" gimmicks) obstacle I enjoy. Being a Bard main definitely affected things because of their lack of burst, gone back to some on Summoner that go a LOT faster when I can punch through invuln phases.

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
Finished 5.3 tonight. Man.

You already made me sympathize with one Ascian. Two is two many!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
5.3 was such a culmination, it would have been a perfect way to end the game if they needed to

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Doctor Epitaph posted:

Finished 5.3 tonight. Man.

You already made me sympathize with one Ascian. Two is two many!

that last monologue by Elidibus is one of the best performances in the game imo

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Sentient Data posted:

5.3 was such a culmination, it would have been a perfect way to end the game if they needed to

This was also the perfect patch for the time it came out. It was the first patch that came out during the pandemic and was delayed for two months while they were figuring out the whole work from home thing.

It really helped that it was loving fantastic patch and not something just ok.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Y'know, I don't mind the current characters being used in the Endwalker post expansion content, but there's been a distinct lack of the resident catboy. That 5.3 reference reminded me of how insane that bit is and how kind of heart wrenching it was leading up to the fight.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

bobtheconqueror posted:

Y'know, I don't mind the current characters being used in the Endwalker post expansion content, but there's been a distinct lack of the resident catboy. That 5.3 reference reminded me of how insane that bit is and how kind of heart wrenching it was leading up to the fight.

He's a big part of side stuff so it balances out pretty well

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I was going to say, he's been a big deal in the side content for 6.x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

bobtheconqueror posted:

He's in the Alliance Raid pretty heavily.