Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

forget cartilage transplants a Reiki has just hit the league

Lol I was posting about that when the Jalen rose interview dropped. It's hilarious. The healing power of hover hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I've gotta hand it to the Kings GM, Monte McNair. He made a bunch of moves that were universally decried as moronic, that every rational basketball commenter said were old-fashioned and objectively wrong, but he swam against the tide. He drafted a player in the lottery everyone said not to draft in Davion Mitchell, and who isn't very good. He didn't care because he had a vision, and what do you know, the Kings are now the 2-seed in the West.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/nbapr/status/1636787140494503936?s=46&t=dXMe6-2rZ7-wBOvDJqvJkQ

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Fast Luck posted:

I've gotta hand it to the Kings GM, Monte McNair. He made a bunch of moves that were universally decried as moronic, that every rational basketball commenter said were old-fashioned and objectively wrong, but he swam against the tide. He drafted a player in the lottery everyone said not to draft in Davion Mitchell, and who isn't very good. He didn't care because he had a vision, and what do you know, the Kings are now the 2-seed in the West.

Hahahaha

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Davion is still bad and I want to throttle anyone that says the words "best player available" or "there wasn't anyone better after him anyway"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Purposefully shoving a person not involved in the game is so much worse than shoving a player in the game imo. This should have been ejection + suspension

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Davion is still bad and I want to throttle anyone that says the words "best player available" or "there wasn't anyone better after him anyway"

I was thinking "well he still can develop into a 3-and-D player" but I forgot how old Davion is. He's only a few months younger than MPJ, and this is MPJ's fourth year after sitting out his first year.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

WhyteRyce posted:

With 42 wins the Kings now have guaranteed a winning season for the first time since what, 2005-2006?

Is this really just Mike Brown doing good work and De'Aaron Fox playing to his potential? Huerter was a nice pickup from the team management side, as was Monk.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

With 42 wins the Kings now have guaranteed a winning season for the first time since what, 2005-2006?

Is this really just Mike Brown doing good work and De'Aaron Fox playing to his potential? Huerter was a nice pickup from the team management side, as was Monk.

Mike brown is a good coach and Sabonis is the new David west (this is a vibe comparison

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

Everything you said is true, but you gotta at least mention Sabonis in this. I am contractually obligated to always post relevant videos from this channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF2MnVVNh0M

edit: I've heard people discussing various options for Coach of the Year, but this should be Mike Brown's award unanimously.

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 17, 2023

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fast Luck posted:

It's kind of just a perfectly executed series of moves where everything fits together. Fox and Sabonis fit well but only because they have good spacing which they only have because they have guys like Huerter and Huerter only works because he's fantastic off the bounce and off DHO so he's greater shooter for this offense and not just a Duncan Robinson. And everyone plays hard because Mike Brown is a good coach for this unit who seems to have pulled all the right levers so far. And the type of players on the roster are the types of ones who don't mind Mike Brown yelling at them for messing up. And everyone likes each other. So basically Friendship and Shooting

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 17, 2023

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Mike Brown seemed like the Kingsiest hire in history at the time. Can't believe it's worked out so well!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

there are tons of parallels with the late 90s Kings team. Lightning in the bottle flurry of moves, big unpopular trade for a big man, hiring a retread coach, dotcom bubble, etc.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Even putting my dubs fandom aside I knew the kings struck gold hiring him away from us when a bunch of reports came out all saying that Kerr basically begged him to stay and every single superstar interviewed about the hire was like “dude this really loving sucks but if anyone deserves a head coaching position it’s that dude”.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

no one wants any part of ben simmons
https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1636800149489090560

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

kingcobweb posted:

edit: I've heard people discussing various options for Coach of the Year, but this should be Mike Brown's award unanimously.

I'd consider Budenholzer too. Or Mazzulla for having the courage to not sleep with any employees.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

WhyteRyce posted:

dotcom bubble

i still dont know what a dialpad is

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tayter Swift posted:

i still dont know what a dialpad is

look I'm going to go big on an advertising campaign in late 2022 for a...zoom/webex competitor????

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

kingcobweb posted:

Purposefully shoving a person not involved in the game is so much worse than shoving a player in the game imo. This should have been ejection + suspension

This is true but in fairness the camera guys are way too close to the action under the basket. Its crazy that players routinely crash into and trip over them doing normal drives.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"accuse me of giving a softball interview? you're just jealous you didn't get the interview...because you wouldn't give a softball interview"
https://twitter.com/JalenRose/status/1636766033141809155

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

WhyteRyce posted:

look I'm going to go big on an advertising campaign in late 2022 for a...zoom/webex competitor????

better than power balance at least

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is true but in fairness the camera guys are way too close to the action under the basket. Its crazy that players routinely crash into and trip over them doing normal drives.

I bring this up every time the topic comes back around, but those baseline cameras are what ruined CP3's knee in NOLA.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

i really hope he retires, invests his money, goes quiet for a while and gets in a better place mentally, then just professionally games for faze or whoever

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

aBagorn posted:

i really hope he retires, invests his money, goes quiet for a while and gets in a better place mentally, then just professionally games for faze or whoever

He ain't retiring and giving up $35m-40m a year.

It's hard to find a fit and he probably isn't worth his contract (especially if he can't stay healthy) but when he was able to just play the role of swiss army knife defensive anchor and secondary facilitator when Durant and Kyrie were playing he was a big part of why the Nets looked really really good. There's still a place for him in the NBA, and if he can get back to how he looked in 2018-2021 then he's easily worth that contract. I don't know how hosed his back is though,.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

???

https://twitter.com/PTradeaway/status/1636605244833423360?s=20

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

He's missed like 7 games due to "Family Issues" or something, the rumor is his wife cheated and his kids aren't his. It's been denied apparently.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
As much as it pains me to say this

Good on the Warriors, for managing to keep this quiet. Especially considering how leaky as gently caress that organization usually is.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Simmons to be traded to OKC this summer and just feasting on assists by driving and kicking to Chet and Wemby all night long.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

gossiping like a church lady smdh

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Lockback posted:

I don't know how hosed his back is though,.

this is the other, unspoken part of why i want him to retire.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback posted:

I don't know how hosed his back is though,.

his knee is also in trouble. ben simmons was too beautiful a hooper for this world

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
My hope is that someone signs him to a minimum and it becomes the lowest-paid non-rookie All-NBA season ever.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

It's true. His brother and sister are cosplaying as Greek Intellectuals on the dark web and, through earned influence, guiding the course of geopolitical events.

(It's a bad Ender's game joke. I always thought it was funny that Ender's name is Andrew Wiggin)

also, I want to believe Paul Pierce capitalizes "True" like that because he is The Truth and feels like he owns that word as a proper noun in all forms.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Salvor_Hardin posted:

(It's a bad Ender's game joke. I always thought it was funny that Ender's name is Andrew Wiggin)

I thought this was fun too and was sad when the Sixers missed out on him

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It's true. His brother and sister are cosplaying as Greek Intellectuals on the dark web and, through earned influence, guiding the course of geopolitical events.

(It's a bad Ender's game joke. I always thought it was funny that Ender's name is Andrew Wiggin).

holy poo poo how did i never connect these dots.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
paging Nirwad

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1636870362326507525

a sad day for Reinsdorf.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Not necessarily disagreeing with you but in this case it was one of the sideline guys and looks pretty deliberate. Like I can't imagine him trying that forearm shove if he'd run into the fan sitting next to the guy

https://twitter.com/OfficialNBABuzz/status/1636604454706266113

Whoever said the other day that the Grizz are speedrunning the whole heel turn into "unlikeable" was right on.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Weren’t people saying that one of Andrew Wiggins family members was dying?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Porfiriato posted:

Not necessarily disagreeing with you but in this case it was one of the sideline guys and looks pretty deliberate. Like I can't imagine him trying that forearm shove if he'd run into the fan sitting next to the guy

https://twitter.com/OfficialNBABuzz/status/1636604454706266113

Whoever said the other day that the Grizz are speedrunning the whole heel turn into "unlikeable" was right on.

That doesn’t look on purpose at all. But he’s a jerk for not checking on him afterwards at least it looks like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
One of his kids having a terminal illness or something seems much more plausible than the team granting him indefinite leave because he's been cuckolded