Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That pizza task was hilarious. Kind of hoped fake Tom's name was also Tom so Nina could win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The scoreboard was incorrect, we needed Lesser Tom with 6 points on it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

eke out posted:

studio task on this australian episode is so good

I spent every week from the time I saw it in the trainer up until now wondering just what the tea task was and I'm happy to say it was everything I imagined and more.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Paladinus posted:

That pizza task was hilarious. Kind of hoped fake Tom's name was also Tom so Nina could win.

Nina had me dying. Really excellent.

Studio task was so simple but was so perfect and worked so well.

This season is already an all time great. It’s so good.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Australia is a really great season of every contestant being absolutely terrible in their own unique ways, and none of those being "Doesn't care or try."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Australia is a really great country of every person being absolutely terrible in their own unique ways,

(I say this as an aussie)

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

It could have used a little more explanation for me. I was confused like the one contestant.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Apparently they also had to choose tea or coffee and how much milk, but all that got cut.

Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont-Spelling Bee is still holding up,six episodes in.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Not sure if anyone listens to the podcast generally but Ursula revealing she got properly injured on New Zealand Series 2 kinda shocked me. It was something like "take the biggest risk" and she tried to do a bmx jump off a ramp and really hosed up her shoulder, had to get surgery and has metal rods in there now. Guy Montgomery tried to shove his dick in a toaster so they just didn't show the entire task (I think/assume, been ages since I watched it but I think I'd remember a task where they only showed 3 of the contestants attempts).

With that and Alex's mysterious injury last season, Taskmaster is getting dangerous clearly!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

Guy Montgomery tried to shove his dick in a toaster so they just didn't show the entire task

lol.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

feels like new zealand and norway have a much more laissez faire "gently caress it, you want to operate a jackhammer/do a bmx stunt/create a massive fire? sounds good!" attitude towards risk during production, i feel like hollywood producers would be terrified of the liability (and given Ursula's severe injuries, rightfully so)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

eke out posted:

feels like new zealand and norway have a much more laissez faire "gently caress it, you want to operate a jackhammer/do a bmx stunt/create a massive fire? sounds good!" attitude towards risk during production, i feel like hollywood producers would be terrified of the liability (and given Ursula's severe injuries, rightfully so)

Countries with the liability investigation and insurance system starting from "wasn't this your unforced idea?". :) Didn't Alex say that almost each season they have to forbid some contestant from climbing to the roof of the building for their attempt at something?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Der Kyhe posted:

Countries with the liability investigation and insurance system starting from "wasn't this your unforced idea?". :) Didn't Alex say that almost each season they have to forbid some contestant from climbing to the roof of the building for their attempt at something?

Yeah that and that large support for the net.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Imagining an alternate reality where Nina never delievered the pizza and they just left it there next to the bowling ball like old flotsam.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

It was so dumb. Loved it.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Alex would've eaten every one of those pizzas.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So it turns out that Atle has been officially forgiven and will return as Taskmaster next season.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Alhazred posted:

So it turns out that Atle has been officially forgiven and will return as Taskmaster next season.

He's been forgiven for racism? How nice for him.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I would be OK with it if it was something stupid he did while a teenager in social media years before maturing enough, but I really cannot understand this decision.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

thebardyspoon posted:

With that and Alex's mysterious injury last season, Taskmaster is getting dangerous clearly!

You're saying this as if Rhod Gilbert didn't chuck a spear into the caravan with Alex inside it

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

SixFigureSandwich posted:

You're saying this as if Rhod Gilbert didn't chuck a spear into the caravan with Alex inside it

He had safety goggles!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

SixFigureSandwich posted:

I did think about also mentioning the whole Rhod Gilbert series but thought it might be over egging it a bit.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Alex ama was recorded during filming for the next series after the one soon to be aired. He said there were some surprising elements and that the theme was one of his favourites.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Pleasantly suprised the nz version especially season 2 is so popular here! Our humour can be quite distinctive and understated (at times) and sometimes doesn't translate that well outside of here. Also feels very strange seeing some very New Zealand tv personalities become known internationally!

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 18, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There’s something about Lesser Tom’s eyes that remind of Charlie Cox doing Daredevil. Like he never seems to focus on something/someone, he’s just looking in a general direction.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Confusedslight posted:

Pleasantly suprised the nz version especially season 2 is so popular here! Our humour can be quite distinctive and understated (at times) and sometimes doesn't translate that well outside of here. Also feels very strange seeing some very New Zealand tv personalities become known internationally!

Luckily (?) there's nothing understated about Correos.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

There’s something about Lesser Tom’s eyes that remind of Charlie Cox doing Daredevil. Like he never seems to focus on something/someone, he’s just looking in a general direction.

I know what you mean. Even sometimes when he is making a reaction face to camera, looks like he's looking past it or the the side.

Nina Oyama is my favourite Aus contestant so far. She often fucks up the tasks, but not because she's not trying, she just completely forgets the most critical part of tasks, but genuinely doesn't realize so will still celebrate. Fun dynamic, whole season good so far

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

itry posted:

He was on this week's MontSpelling Bee and he won! He's found his level, and that level is spelling exactly like a six-year-old.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

itry posted:

I said at times hahaha

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I know what you mean. Even sometimes when he is making a reaction face to camera, looks like he's looking past it or the the side.

Nina Oyama is my favourite Aus contestant so far. She often fucks up the tasks, but not because she's not trying, she just completely forgets the most critical part of tasks, but genuinely doesn't realize so will still celebrate. Fun dynamic, whole season good so far

YES, that's it exactly. It's like he's not really looking at anything.

Also yes, Nina is my favourite. She must be protected.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I'm having difficulty determining a favorite. My order is basically: Danielle | Julia | Nina > Luke > Jimmy.

Not that I dislike Jimmy, just not up there with the rest for me.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I think it's extremely close but Luke's my least favorite by like a hair, and Julia's still my favorite by the same. This is still an incredible cast and an incredible season though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
So it is Danielle!! I kept meaning to look her up because they kept calling her Dani L and I was curious if she spelled it Dani-L, or Dawn E.L. or Danny El, figured it was an Australian name or some stylized artist name. I think lesser tom might've even made a transition joke about the vowels or something in her name, which at the time, I was like '"oh yeah must be a joke reference to whatever her moniker is." Someone else said it later I think and it sounded more like the two-syllable name I am used to and meant to look it up after the ep but got distracted looking up others. I'm sure it'll sound normal next time I hear it now, kind of how misheard lyrics change once you read the real deal.

I'd put Jimmy on bottom only because of the nature of hierarchies and Julie is also a standout to me. Especially funny since she's been claiming to just going at the tasks ASAP so everyone can go home early, which, mad respect I know that feeling, but she's not half-assing it or being dismissive of the tasks, she just guns her first idea and gets to it while also remembering to be funny about it. She's had a long broadcast history apparently but this is my first introduction and it's one hell of an impression.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Saw Cashman perform live a few nights ago and he was a lot more engaged. I think his Taskmaster persona is also an attempt to keep his composure and avoid laughing at the contestants too much.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's interesting seeing these different duos fitting the character molds for the taskmaster and assistant. I think being the assistant is much harder and less natural for other comedians, since Alex's brand of... Impish servitude? Mild trickster bureaucrat? Whatever you call his little Alex horneness

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Part 2! Apparently, Phil Wang was on the test team for Series 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdPvc46mOvk

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Danielle is the best. I want to be her friend.

I always wanted to fill our ute up with water as well but dad never let me. It looks just as fun as I imagined.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the cookie live studio task reminds me of a Rhythm Heaven game.

also good remix of the take the "fewest steps" restriction in a task. also once again funny AU english in calling a sausage a snag.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Just saw David from taskmaster nz season two preform stand up and it was great. Didn't get a photo with him but he liked two of my tweets! So that's something at least! Got as crazy as you would expect.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
latest ep of guy mont spelling bee (ft david correos) was incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Latest TM Au episode home-solve-along: In the map task, I instantly wanted to get some paper and some masking tape, go down and mask off an outline of Australia on the canvas, then head back up and freely bomb the paint down on the uncovered areas. I did toy with the idea of instead masking off the interior with a cutout of the land, then cover the exterior with blue paint and create the map in negative. But all it takes is someone to contend that I didn't paint the map itself by leaving it blank...