Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Randallteal posted:

On the one hand I feel you because I want more interesting party options but VI and IX are the only FFs with multiple non-human party members, no?

FFVII has Red and Cait Sith (who is I guess debatable but only barely.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
XVI has dog

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

And also Vincent who's even more debatable, since he shapeshifts as his limit break.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

X has a ghost, a summon and a ronso.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

12 has rabbit

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Make Basch a Bangaa, Balthier a Moogle and Ashe a Nu Mou. Nothing else is changed.

Penelo the Seeq. :colbert:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tall Tale Teller posted:

XII has a great setting, a killer soundtrack and a beautiful world to run around in.

People bitch about the gambits but I doubt they've actually engaged with them or played past the first three hours.

Usually these are the same people who whine about the FFT War Of The Lions translation being too hard to read.

I've 100% the game and like WotL and FF12 is still boring and bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So who is the best dog in Final Fantasy? Interceptor? Angelo? Umbra? Daigoro? THE MEGASHIBA?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I feel like Torgal is going to be the breakout star of 2023

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

So who is the best dog in Final Fantasy? Interceptor? Angelo? Umbra? Daigoro? THE MEGASHIBA?

Shadow can parry attacks. He's strongest dog.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I feel like Torgal is going to be the breakout star of 2023

No joke it's all there

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Gestahl

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

ImpAtom posted:

Aerith isn't human either

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I just find Ivalice in general to be awfully dry. The problem XII has is that it starts getting interesting right as the game is ending.

It takes place in a loving desert bro, why would it be wet???

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

ImpAtom posted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

atta boy, hotdog kid, be your best self

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

is he ok?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Limit Break: Flavor Town

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

That's a chicken.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Zell is a monster from the moon

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Aerith isn't human either
She is human. Just late-stage hippiehood with the planet talking to her.

Terra was less than human until the ending.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ImpAtom posted:

How many of them have fought living fire to protect a little girl?

Interceptor best boy.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
If we consider the scions your party, 14 has a bunch of non-humans in your party.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Angelo is the best dog because he's also a missile.

Lightning Returns: I am a dumdum and didn't realize the Ultima Sword and Shield come from the trials outside the final boss room so I did those and got the Sword and actually got to the last phase of the boss fight very easily. Not sure how to stagger him in the last phase which appears to be 100% necessary because he takes almost no damage otherwise. Pleased to see Almagest, Dancing Mad, Heartless Angel, and other final boss attacks return.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

FrostyPox posted:

Lightning Returns: I am a dumdum and didn't realize the Ultima Sword and Shield come from the trials outside the final boss room so I did those and got the Sword and actually got to the last phase of the boss fight very easily. Not sure how to stagger him in the last phase which appears to be 100% necessary because he takes almost no damage otherwise. Pleased to see Almagest, Dancing Mad, Heartless Angel, and other final boss attacks return.

Angelo's also a girl. :v:

Her name being Angelo instead of Angela probably throws a few people off but Dissidia NT makes it pretty clear since Rinoa uses 'girl' for Angelo.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Oh, well in that case Angelo's the best dog cuz she's also a missile.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Angelo's full name implies the existence of Rome in FF8

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

In this essay, I shall

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Angelo's full name implies the existence of Rome in FF8

Time

Ko
M
Pression

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

FrostyPox posted:

Your choices are mostly 1. Set up a stagger focused schema or spread some stagger focus abilities which generally means multi hit magic pokes like aerora or 2. use overclock just so on a stagger adjacent schema, especially when he's idle or you're otherwise able to focus pressure since his pattern is meant to distract from maintaining the focus.

Worst part of the boss but I was able to manage it with option 2 not knowing about option 1 ahead of time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked FFT but I will admit as novel as it was to kill evil not-jesus, I found working my way up the church/knights templar/etc hierarchy way more entertaining and gripping in terms of antagonists. The final boss being what it is and how it ends allows for the ending Ramza gets, but I was a little disappointed.

He didn't need to confront Delita, but I'd have preferred his dealing with something directly connected to the war of the lions.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

HPanda posted:

If we consider the scions your party, 14 has a bunch of non-humans in your party.

Miqo'te and Elezen are the absolute least amount of effort for a fantasy race design though, i basically count them as human.

Give me Roegadyn and Au Ra in the main Scions!

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 18, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Frionnel posted:

Miqo'te and Elezen are the absolute least amount of effort for a fantasy race design though, i basically count them as human.

We got some Roe brothers that can easily be promoted to main Scion status.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Frionnel posted:

Bring Yugiri back

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

FireWorksWell posted:

Bring Yugiri back

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I just realized I wish they'd put the car from XV into XVI.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

FireWorksWell posted:

Bring Yugiri back

This. And I'm not asking.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Make Basch a Bangaa, Balthier a Moogle and Ashe a Nu Mou. Nothing else is changed.

they'd have to use the FFTA (and later FFXIV) style nu mou too, because god do I hate looking at the FFXII versions. the tech to make them cute surely existed, they made ivalice moogles cute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

FireWorksWell posted:

Bring Yugiri back

I'm only going off fuzzy memory here but hers is a VA issue, right? She was still present in some stuff but they recycled voice lines for her or something when she needed to talk.