Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Looks like Maya is maybe not just sticking with the limbs that Allison still has, which makes sense since she has the power of the free market now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Mutant Headcrab posted:

If you dropped Incubus' severed head into a pool of molten iron and let it harden, could he escape from it?

He's got a key my dude.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mutant Headcrab posted:

If you dropped Incubus' severed head into a pool of molten iron and let it harden, could he escape from it?

Yes. How hard it would be for him depends on who, if anyone, is actively trying to prevent him from doing that.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Youremother posted:

Maya may have saved the rat but there's no doubt in my mind she got her rear end whooped by Incubus. She wins when she loses and Inky loses whenever he wins

I was right!

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

skaianDestiny posted:

He's got a key my dude.

Considering the first use of a key is literally interdimensional travel, I don't think you can meaningfully restrain a demiurge.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mutant Headcrab posted:

I wouldn't put it past him

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Incubus' head all lying on the ground, lets and exasperated sigh "I shoulda known you were going to pull this kind of horsepiss"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I like how Maya is flipping her off as she draws the sword

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Dang I didn't even notice the ghost limbs at first, that's cool.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"how do you kill someone who cannot be killed"

the answer is good to end up being "well, you kill him" isn't it

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

those aren't ghost limbs, that's Allison demanding to do things and reality being forced to foot the bill

i think the Sword of Maybe works the same way

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

maya can teach her how to Cut because she already Just Does Stuff™ because gently caress reality's whiny punk rear end

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"I'll order one Cut please, right here" then you get up and leave without paying

what's the universe gonna do, complain?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

nimby posted:

My guess is that Allison is going to block the blade with her phantom arm. She doesn't know she's not supposed to be able to block it, so she's going to block it with an arm that in the heat of the moment, she forgot she doesn't have.
It is a bit disappointing she has phantom limbs rather than just moving through sheer force of not giving a gently caress.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

It is a bit disappointing she has phantom limbs rather than just moving through sheer force of not giving a gently caress.

I'm pretty sure the reason she has phantom limbs is because she's moving through sheer force of not giving a gently caress.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Brought To You By posted:

As far as I can tell they are made from the sheer force of not giving a gently caress

E: :hfive:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I was gonna say, semantics

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
much like flying is throwing yourself at the ground and missing, Allison is making her missing leg the grounds problem

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i see it's time for Art lessons already

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

skaianDestiny posted:

He's got a key my dude.
So did Mammon.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Royalty is a continuous quadruple posting motion.

Edit: I just noticed Maya was busy spilling her wine upside down. She doesnt give any fucks, even to get drunk.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Bell_ posted:

So did Mammon.

Mammon's not the one with a literally invincible head is he?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

a clean decapitation in a single
move was more to humiliate Incubus than anything else. Garbageboy got served and Maya survived by not giving a gently caress/being a total smugface about it

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Ashcans posted:

I bet losing to Maya in a swordfight drove Incubus nuts. I wonder if he couldn't kill her even with his other powers or was prevented (by his own motives or otherwise).

My current hypothesis is that Incubus is incapable of killing Maya, and that Maya is perfectly capable of killing him, but refuses to do so.

Incubus's whole world view is centered around the idea of "winners survive, losers die." If Maya actually manages to kill him, that just ultimately validates his philosophy, so she holds herself back from killing him. She doesn't hate him to the point where she wants him dead, she hates him to the point where she wants him to live with the knowledge that he can't actually win against her but she refuses to "win" against him, so he's left in a constant state of impotent fury over it.

In time, this too will ultimately be proven wrong, but for the moment it amuses me, and that is enough.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I think it's more likely that incubus seethes that he can't kill Maya while Maya is a depressed drunk because despite wanting to kill Incubus she cannot either. Both are failures obsessed with the failure over removing what is a clear and obvious obstacle to what they want, albeit Maya is far less ruinous with her actions compared to Incubus atleast.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

She lost the fight or he’d be dead. She hates him, remember? Enough to be immortal with her desire to see him die. She doesn’t care about his philosophy! She wants him dead!

But as was said above, she wins by losing the fight, and he loses by winning. That’s their dynamic, though neither is entirely satisfied with it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Joe Slowboat posted:

She lost the fight or he’d be dead. She hates him, remember? Enough to be immortal with her desire to see him die. She doesn’t care about his philosophy! She wants him dead!

But as was said above, she wins by losing the fight, and he loses by winning. That’s their dynamic, though neither is entirely satisfied with it.

By his standards, he also didn't win: she's still alive.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Potato Salad posted:

"how do you kill someone who cannot be killed"

the answer is good to end up being "well, you kill him" isn't it

It's probably going to be more like "do something other than kill him". Solomon kinda figured this out at the very last second, but couldn't manage to seal the deal.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

It's probably going to be more like "do something other than kill him". Solomon kinda figured this out at the very last second, but couldn't manage to seal the deal.

I suspect the thrust of Maya's anecdote about meeting Jagganoth is going to be that the answer is "convince him you're on the same side."

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

If she actually killed him she'd need to take the key back, and she REALLY doesn't want that. She wants Allison to do it and absorb the key.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

has anyone tried getting a bigger child soldier to take down Jag? Jantris was clearly onto something with his methods

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

has anyone tried getting a bigger child soldier to take down Jag? Jantris was clearly onto something with his methods

There's at least one broke-brained child soldier who is known for being good at Cutting very large enemies.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Begemot posted:

By his standards, he also didn't win: she's still alive.

Incubus wins every fight; Maya wins every battle. Ink schools Maya ten ways from Sunday in a straight fight every single time but he will never, ever get what he wants from his victories.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Youremother posted:

Incubus wins every fight; Maya wins every battle. Ink schools Maya ten ways from Sunday in a straight fight every single time but he will never, ever get what he wants from his victories.

He sure did kill that rat though.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I think incubus doesn't have the guts to kill Maya. He probably secretly enjoys the routine; it's the closest relationship he has.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Guildenstern Mother posted:

He sure did kill that rat though.

And in exchange, Maya learned a lesson she has never forgotten, one that has put her right in the way of his plans

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She's got literal phantom limbs. This kicks rear end.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Wyld Karde posted:

At the risk of quoting myself;
Willie E. Coyote is the most Royal of the looney tunes.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'm pretty sure he'd be neutral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mutant Headcrab posted:

"Was it the third Friday of the seventh September of this century already?" - Incubus, before escaping and loving up the latest hero that thought it would work. It never does.