Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Dejan Bimble posted:

Weren’t people saying that one of Andrew Wiggins family members was dying?

I think that was just idle speculation, the most plausible "family matter" that could explain this length of absence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

That doesn’t look on purpose at all. But he’s a jerk for not checking on him afterwards at least it looks like that

Eh, agree to disagree on the on purpose part. Without all getting Zapruder film-esque on it, by the time Brooks makes contact with the camera guy he's stopped forward motion with everything except his left arm that shoves him. The fact that he walks off without checking on the guy doesn't exactly make it look accidental either.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/1636871901464215554?t=7rrn_GweNV02qcsXfr_KtQ&s=19

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Reported the cameraman is injured and being evaluated.

Dude is gonna get paid out and I don't think anyone would criticize him for it

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I sincerely can't believe this number. Ant just drilled a corner 3 against the Bulls:
https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/1636884216750170119

Much like his assist numbers to bigs throughout his career, I just don't understand how it can be so low.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Paracaidas posted:

I sincerely can't believe this number. Ant just drilled a corner 3 against the Bulls:
https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/1636884216750170119

Much like his assist numbers to bigs throughout his career, I just don't understand how it can be so low.

If you're touching the ball A LOT you are basically never going to get corner shots because 1) you'll never be standing in the corner waiting for someone to pass you the ball like a chump and 2) you will never dribble into the corner to take a shot.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
jesus Ant jst had a nasty non contact leg injury.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1636886855663726593

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 18, 2023

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

dokmo posted:

If you're touching the ball A LOT you are basically never going to get corner shots because 1) you'll never be standing in the corner waiting for someone to pass you the ball like a chump and 2) you will never dribble into the corner to take a shot.
A good chunk of the year has seen DLo and Conley as initiators, so I had just assumed that he'd have stumbled into more than 10% of his 3PAs being from the corner.

Speaking of stumbling, here's another reason you'll basically never get corner shots:
https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/1636886541912899585
:smithicide:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I think we have to give Luke Walton a ton of credit. He had the Kings out there running fastbreaks, scoring in transition, moving fast, getting great cardio. Now the Kings are like 4th in transition and the 2 seed in the West. He’s basically Warriors Mark Jackson

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That was an extremely loud scream. Poor guy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

jesus Ant jst had a nasty non contact leg injury.

the only good thing is that this was absolutely not non-contact so it might not be super serious

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Really really loud. Like flayed alive type scream. That has to be a lot of "discomfort" to make somebody who goes through an NBA training regimen shout like that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat. My only hope is young guys sometimes completely recover from the gnarliest poo poo.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Really really loud. Like flayed alive type scream. That has to be a lot of "discomfort" to make somebody who goes through an NBA training regimen shout like that.

i mean i did something similar when i stepped on the side-top of my foot falling down the stairs. felt like i tore every ligament that connected my foot to my leg and i couldn't bear weight for a few days. it got better.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Hopefully it was an extremely painful sprain, but not a break/tear. There's some opinions that the pain can get extremely bad right up to the point it actually breaks, the break itself not as painful as the nerves are fried or something.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Well poo poo. That might be it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

dokmo posted:

I’m at a bar, someone please look up the stats on jokic’s corner threes vs others, because iirc his percentage is absurd for non-corner threes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Also gently caress I hope Ant is ok. A poll asked me who my favorite player was not on my favorite team and I had to think for a while before realizing it was Ant

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

I’m at a bar, someone please look up the stats on jokic’s corner threes vs others, because iirc his percentage is absurd for non-corner threes

Corner: 1/6, 16.7%
Above the Break: 52/124, 41.9%

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Warriors are now 7-28 on the road.

They still have three more games in a row on the road.

I think they now have THE worst road record in the league, no qualifiers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Warriors are now 7-28 on the road.

They still have three more games in a row on the road.

I think they now have THE worst road record in the league, no qualifiers

Everyone, without looking it up when was the last time the warriors won on the road

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern basketball is playing in sacramento and stealing Beam Valor
https://twitter.com/NUMensBball/status/1636833198364831746?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/StephNoh/status/1636914375142326274

I hate this team.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

lmao watch the end of this Bulls Wolves game for clownball

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That’s a ref with money on the game. That poo poo happens multiple times a quarter and is NEVER called. Weak

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dexo posted:

lmao watch the end of this Bulls Wolves game for clownball

Turned to nbatv for mavs Lakers just in time to see Taurean Prince pass to a ghost

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

RCarr posted:

That’s a ref with money on the game. That poo poo happens multiple times a quarter and is NEVER called. Weak

It really doesn’t, I have near-OCD fixation on eight second violations and the player bringing it up will hustle the last few steps to get it over before the shot clock hits 15

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

RCarr posted:

You know you are joking but....

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1636923200985780226

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1636756018053935109

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/cjzer0/status/1636924164354326528

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1636924344420143105

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't know why this dumb dead team refuses to give Dalen any minutes, but the guy is an elite bench celebrator

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/SBN_Ricky/status/1636925576693809154

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

He's gonna do it. The Play In King

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Spurs with a masterclass in tanking, blow a 29 point lead. Rockets overcome a 16 point deficit to further damage their draft position

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Lol this is easily the best moment of Vucs Chicago tenure

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My friend reminded me today of my minor summer league Ja interaction. We were sitting behind the Grizzlies bench when Ja came in and sat opposite, courtside
“Hey Ja, where we partying tonight?”
“Wherever you’re at man”
“Excalibur. It’s super nice. It’s a castle man”
“Can I bring my Coors Light?”
“You can bring your Coors Light, Miller Lite, Bud Light, White Claw Light any kind of light you want”

My friend then shut me up before I could say more. I now know how close I was to being pistol whipped

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

WhyteRyce posted:

My friend reminded me today of my minor summer league Ja interaction. We were sitting behind the Grizzlies bench when Ja came in and sat opposite, courtside
“Hey Ja, where we partying tonight?”
“Wherever you’re at man”
“Excalibur. It’s super nice. It’s a castle man”
“Can I bring my Coors Light?”
“You can bring your Coors Light, Miller Lite, Bud Light, White Claw Light any kind of light you want”

My friend then shut me up before I could say more. I now know how close I was to being pistol whipped

lol, a partially dended coors light tallboy sipped on by Ja is absolutely part of your weird collection

Also who stays at excalibur except for families with kids? No judgement, I just know my wife and I used to go there to play poker because it was a bunch of suburban moms trying to make the most of the 2 hours they got free and were easy marks.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RCarr posted:

A ref called it on the Pels earlier this year after seven seconds.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Lol this is easily the best moment of Vucs Chicago tenure

That's a judge not lest ye be judged moment via Drummond though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Intruder posted:

The Spurs with a masterclass in tanking, blow a 29 point lead. Rockets overcome a 16 point deficit to further damage their draft position

The bottom 3 all have the same odds at #1 and the Rockets are unlikely to crawl out of that range. Charlotte is the only other threat to crack the bottom 3, and they're up 4 games with 12 to play.

I'm going to enjoy Jabari's game-winner.