Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Don't you loving DARE, Sam Neil

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64969344

edit: dilophosaurus snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1636782208848478224?t=EGAcu94kQrYH1HW9E1JtGw&s=19

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Just how big are these “bags” though? Nickel is like $10/lb, and that’s high. Just the logistics of trying to steal a meaningful amount seems like a major headache.

Coin theft is a huge problem in the money industry.

No matter how bulky or heavy it is, it does get stolen.

Usually it's the higher value denominations but 50lb bags of quarters worth about a grand do get stolen. We caught a guy stealing boxes of quarters at my last job. $500 bucks per even though they weigh 25lbs.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Don't you loving DARE, Sam Neil

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64969344

edit: dilophosaurus snipe

quote:

When chemotherapy treatment started to fail, he began using a new chemotherapy drug that he will continue to take monthly for the rest of his life.

He said he was now cancer-free but needs to continue taking the drug.

From local news, so there's at least that.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Pouring one out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAsf9OXSynE

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

From local news, so there's at least that.

God drat it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

God drat it.

Did you miss the 'he said he is now cancer-free'?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Flikken posted:

Usually it's the higher value denominations but 50lb bags of quarters worth about a grand do get stolen. We caught a guy stealing boxes of quarters at my last job. $500 bucks per even though they weigh 25lbs.

Not nickel the coin. Nickel, atomic number 28.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Did you miss the 'he said he is now cancer-free'?

I did, thanks. Still worries me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I hope Trump is indicted and convicted purely so I never have to hear or see people parroting this dogshit nothing matters tweet ever again.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

But, WAIT! There's MORE!

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1636639472614768640

Looking forward to hearing how the next great deal he made was to be moved to a minimum security prison.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
If they’re talking about bags I’m guessing it’s concentrate in big bags (intermediate bulk whatever is the official name) at like 10% nickel per weight. Those usually don’t get stolen, so either someone lied on their bills of lading and shipped gravel, or they realized some bags weren’t as pure as they should’ve been.

Edit: it’s bags of briquettes that didn’t meet specs - https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/lme-finds-irregularities-several-nickel-bags-warehouse-2023-03-17/

There’s probably fraud involved. Amazing.

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 17, 2023

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

how the gently caress is this man not hosting jeopardy. bull poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Flikken posted:

Our dumb fucks would pull it out of the back of truck and rest it on the bumper and then forget it and people would just walk off and pluck it off or we would drive away and it would
A) fall off
B) stay on

Had a partner do this 3 times with A) happening once and he payed out of pocket to save his job and b) happen twice lol.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Midjack posted:

Because Mayim Bialik was deemed better because (this space intentionally left blank).

Ken Jennings is fine, but I don't see her appeal.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Midjack posted:

Every once in a while I think about the absolute balls on the jeopardy producer for making himself the new host

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tiny Timbs posted:

Every once in a while I think about the absolute balls on the jeopardy producer for making himself the new host

They call this move the “Dick Cheney”.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

McNally posted:

Not nickel the coin. Nickel, atomic number 28.

I gathered that, I was just illustrating that people will steal heavy bulky poo poo if they think they can get away with it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I hope Trump is indicted and convicted purely so I never have to hear or see people parroting this dogshit nothing matters tweet ever again.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/16/congress-executive-power-aumf-repeal

LOL. The US never repealed the authorization for the use of military force against French ships from the quasi-war in 1798. Eisenhower's authorization for military force to fight communism in the middle east from 1957 is also still on the books.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I hope that DJT isn’t indicted on the basis that U.S. Marshals lack jurisdiction in Hell.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Platystemon posted:

I hope that DJT isn’t indicted on the basis that U.S. Marshals lack jurisdiction in Hell.

Surely that would qualify as hot pursuit, though? :dadjoke:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CBJSprague24 posted:

Because Mayim Bialik was deemed better because (this space intentionally left blank).

Ken Jennings is fine, but I don't see her appeal.

A buddy sees Ken fairly often when out on walks and receives polite nods, so Hollywood hasn’t gone to his head.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Dear Raylan Givens:

Please be real.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

A buddy sees Ken fairly often when out on walks and receives polite nods, so Hollywood hasn’t gone to his head.

His head is too full, nowhere to put Hollywood

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I mean you've got to post the reference. RIP to a real boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5urkfdMUXo

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

I'm not really an optimist about trump ever facing a proportional amount of justice, but if there's one thing that might possibly lead to that it's that a lot of people on every side of american politics want nothing more than to never hear his bullshit again or have to put up with him being relevant

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Ally_Sammarco/status/1636767774855839744?t=myJ3NXhNqfb9jav2VuNZIw&s=19

:golfclap:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

It's always the dumbest people that are imbued with such unflappable self confidence

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Most of the things Lance Reddick was in passed me by, but I did watch Fringe. That was a cool show.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Most of the things Lance Reddick was in passed me by, but I did watch Fringe. That was a cool show.

I cannot stress this enough: if you haven't seen The Wire, you need to sit your rear end down and watch The Wire.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I cannot stress this enough: if you haven't seen The Wire, you need to sit your rear end down and watch The Wire.

:hai:

I started a rewatch right after I saw the news about Reddick. I'm amazed at how loving good the show is starting in the very first scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmIvu1yg3bU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I just finished rewatching S1 for the... who knows how many-th time tonight.

God that man could act. Rest in peace.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I liked Fringe as well. I always felt it was JJ Abrams retribution for how badly Lost was thought out. Short, concise sci-fi procedural.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So Donnie is claiming an "illegal leak" told him he'll be indicted on Tuesday, therefore he's calling for a mass protest to take the nation back. Then:

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1637064108737478658?t=pOkaYbLj-v65-nvRJ4zgQQ&s=19

Basically hinting at another January 6th and going to Waco is hilariously on the nose.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

So Donnie is claiming an "illegal leak" told him he'll be indicted on Tuesday, therefore he's calling for a mass protest to take the nation back. Then:

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1637064108737478658?t=pOkaYbLj-v65-nvRJ4zgQQ&s=19

Basically hinting at another January 6th and going to Waco is hilariously on the nose.

The Turner Diary types use Waco as a rallying cry. Trump knows EXACTLY who his constituency is.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

Janet Reno knew when to check out.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I saw what you did there. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

armpit_enjoyer posted:

100%, I’m almost done with a rewatch and had forgot so much like how Hamsterdam had some good ideas but they didn’t ignore how Bunny (despite best intentions) really hadn’t thought it through. Or how the actor who played Gene on Breaking Bad is a recurring character in S5.

If you haven’t already be sure to read The Corner & Homicide: Life on the Killing Streets, excellent stand alone books and give a ton of background on what went into the Wire. All the Pieces Matter: The Inside Story of The Wire is also fascinating, and has lots of fun stories like how locals blasting music would ignore the production, but would turn it down if Method Man asked. Or how Bubbles’ actor Andre Royo got annoyed when he’d be dressed and acting normally at events and be constantly congratulated for having kicked his fictional drug habit. Or how at the start of production Idris Elba wasn’t well known but by S3 women would be screaming at him from windows.

We Own This City is also worth your time, it’s not a Wire sequel but is well done.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 18, 2023