Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
By all accounts he played the game a fair bit so he is both a) a real rear end dude and b) in a much better place now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Amanda is days away from retirement.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Did a little Vigil at my main man vuvuzela, then blasted my head against the legend avalon mission for multiple hours. The motes just not registering or falling through/off the map is so much rougher on legend drat. Realized my vex quest is bugged somehow, where I have the intrinsics but they unlocked no upgrades lmao. Then got robber refit as the drop so I guess one good thing out of that. Not looking forward to doing this again, but I will because it's a fun weapon.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Good timing that Nimbus is there to slot seamlessly in as the Zavala replacement

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Picked up the 30th anniversary thing, since it's on sale.
Gotta say, it's awful that the most effective thing I did to improve my survivability against the ogre boss was to turn on the framerate cap.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mesadoram posted:

He was only 60... gently caress.

I get it. Ever been in a medical waiting room where you're half the age of every other patient? I have for a while. Will never change. Sucks.

I'm very sorry Lance has moved on though, he seemed a really top guy with a great sense of humor. Hope his family will be okay.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Amanda is days away from retirement.

She’s going to die and become a guardian, thus forgetting who crow is.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Booties posted:

She’s going to die and become a guardian, thus forgetting who crow uldren sov is.

Yes.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Booties posted:

She’s going to die and become a guardian, thus forgetting who crow is.

Become?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kith posted:

Become?

Please tell me you posted that to one of those Destiny fashion challenges. It's a very legit version.

(I mean we don't have "bare arms" armor yet but you did the best possible)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

It's not mine, I don't play miscellaneous classes

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

doing solo legendary vex and lmao wyverns need to settle the gently caress down

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Nimbus is a better character than zavala anyway so it's a natural replacement

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Mods?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Revive zohan as replacement

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Booties posted:

Revive zohan as replacement
https://twitter.com/BenStiller/status/1636810474179182600?t=-s7Wk5f6Ur4zW4KRKjGEBA&s=19

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Literally don’t remember any characters name. Compelling story really.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kith posted:

I like the part on the 2nd encounter where you need to dunk and safely wait for the wipe but that leaves you a full 10 seconds in a hole with 2 wyverns above you.

super cool and not annoying at all. i gave it a go with solar titan and outside of that spot survibability isn't a real issue as long as you never stop bonking things with a hammer. I'm going to switch it up and do void hunter just so I can abuse invisibility for dealing with those wyverns tho

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kith posted:

My most satisfying moment so far in this expansion was when a Wyvern was gearing up to do its charge attack right as I grappled it, the grapple stunned it and put it back down, then I did a grapple attack to knock its loving block off. I don't know if I have ever felt more catharsis in this game.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I like the part on the 2nd encounter where you need to dunk and safely wait for the wipe but that leaves you a full 10 seconds in a hole with 2 wyverns above you.

super cool and not annoying at all. i gave it a go with solar titan and outside of that spot survibability isn't a real issue as long as you never stop bonking things with a hammer. I'm going to switch it up and do void hunter just so I can abuse invisibility for dealing with those wyverns tho

Its particularly funny because I'm 90% certain those wyverns spawn when you open up that spot. It's deliberate and rude as hell.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxyclean posted:

Its particularly funny because I'm 90% certain those wyverns spawn when you open up that spot. It's deliberate and rude as hell.

Pretty sure it’s either when you open the spot or at 10 seconds to go, whichever is first. You can’t game it, you will deal with wyverns

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 18, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/lancereddick/status/1637139787135025153?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Is legendary Avalon actually... possible? I can barely even hover over to the island where the first encounter happens before getting shot out of the sky.

Also; I've never used glaives before but I like Vexcalibur. Questions; do the melee attacks count as melee attacks in the context of stuff like other weapon abilities, or exotics like Felwinter's Helm? Also, why does it seem like I'm sometimes just not allowed to use the shield?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Legendary Avalon is possible for three experienced players, or one solo player with the best gear at the absolute top of their game. Unless you’re sure you’re one of these, hit up LFG, and don’t bother until you’re well above 1810

For the most part, glaive melees do not proc melee perks

The glaive shield is charged by projectile hits, so shoot some guys before you put up the shield and wade in

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I'm just wondering what I should be burning down the final boss with in the non-legendary version of Avalon. Its health pool is inordinately big.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

For the most part, glaive melees do not proc melee perks

Didn't that change a little while ago, which is why they're now nerfing the Synthoceps interaction? The glaive melee also procs Necrotic Grips.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whirling posted:

I'm just wondering what I should be burning down the final boss with in the non-legendary version of Avalon. Its health pool is inordinately big.

Cheeee the boss, no question about it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

A glaive with necrotic grips and incandescent is absolutely obscene. Fire at group, glaive melee group = group gone and everything explodes with fire and poison damage. gently caress it, throw a strand melee dart in there as well for maximum insanity.

https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1636887483441979392?t=y84KO4DfLXCPDu7cgKNh-g&s=19

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012

Whirling posted:

Cook him with Osteo/Witherhoard/Agers and a halfway decent LFR.

Unless they noticed and already fixed it, when you go into the second phase as long as you don't move at all he doesn't react to you and nothing else spawns, so you can switch to Wish Ender and shoot him through the shield box he hangs out in. Just make sure to move and trigger the phase before completely burning down that part of his health bar otherwise he's forever shielded in the third phase.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Suttledge/status/1637022518585487360

Fffuuuuuuuuck

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bleck posted:

Is legendary Avalon actually... possible? I can barely even hover over to the island where the first encounter happens before getting shot out of the sky.

Also; I've never used glaives before but I like Vexcalibur. Questions; do the melee attacks count as melee attacks in the context of stuff like other weapon abilities, or exotics like Felwinter's Helm? Also, why does it seem like I'm sometimes just not allowed to use the shield?

1) I might be misunderstanding, but there's a little island on the left, with a red light on it. That's the actual path you're supposed to take from the rally flag to the encounter- don't try to jump over the big pit.

2) Glaive shield has an energy meter that you charge by landing ranged attacks. For the most part glaive melees do count for exotics or perks like grave robber, though they might have different scaling (like with synthocepts).

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

3DBlast posted:

Cook him with Osteo/Witherhoard/Agers and a halfway decent LFR.

Unless they noticed and already fixed it, when you go into the second phase as long as you don't move at all he doesn't react to you and nothing else spawns, so you can switch to Wish Ender and shoot him through the shield box he hangs out in. Just make sure to move and trigger the phase before completely burning down that part of his health bar otherwise he's forever shielded in the third phase.

There's a safe spot to the left during the first phase where you can drop down, hug the wall and still be able to take shots on the boss and nothing can reach you. In the second phase, just like he said above. There's also a safe spot for the third phase but honestly just hiding behind the cover on the stage (apparently those huge radiolarian columns also count as cover) thanks and constantly moving, I was able to clear him up with no problem at 1810. Constant pot shots and staying away from finalizers.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Yeah man solo lost sectors, partition, solo exotic missions (some) are so loving overly tuned and so far beyond challenging that they are in the realm of “not possible”. Its actually pretty annoying and just has a “barely play tested, just threw scalar multipliers on content” written all over it. Like, content that was week two achievements behind it should be at least possible without having the new raid on farm.

Getting one shot on bottom tier trash rifles so far out that they are beyond draw distance seems a bit much tbh.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Yeah, love to have the famous gunplay feel like poo poo because it doesn’t make sense to ever use a primary lol

Expansion so bad it killed a guy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Yeah, love to have the famous gunplay feel like poo poo because it doesn’t make sense to ever use a primary lol

Jesus Christ.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Bungie should make a gun with the name IDC789

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

This gimmick loving sucks.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Evil Badman posted:

This gimmick loving sucks.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Shut the gently caress up, you attention-seeking freak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

:chloe: