Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Reimer strangely silent on the composition of the jersey.

“You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material"

Leviticus 19:19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
you're using old stuff reimer, you're supposed to complain about dei now

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I feel for Reimer, there is nobody more persecuted in American history than white christians

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

T-Bone posted:

The Kings and the Wild, given their prospect pools, solid play this year, and existing young talent are two teams I'd say could break out soon. They're both already playoff teams though so maybe that's not your definition.

If you're looking outside the playoffs Ottawa is probably the closest. Calgary/Florida could very well come right back next year if their veterans don't drop off too much.

e: Yeah Couture has been a big piece of poo poo for a while hasn't he? Didn't he say something else pretty gross a few years back
He made up that story about getting punched out in Toronto for saying he'd vote for Trump. Although it appears that it's just Reimer who isn't wearing it.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

T-Bone posted:

https://twitter.com/CJTDevil/status/1637189439939018753

I wonder what Tatar is looking for in FA / if teams believe him in enough based on stuff like this to give him a big(ger) deal at age 32

He's been incredibly good though, possibly the best year of his career. I get the age 32+ dropoff thing but man the Devils have very few players that do what he does (pure possession/forecheck/defensive zone menace) and he will be difficult to replace next year.

Yeah, but wait til he disappears in the playoffs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wearing a different color jersey for warmups is such a nothing thing to be have to do. Chuds really are the biggest snowflakes.

crashlanding
Dec 11, 2006

Leading the offense for a fraction of the cost

T-Bone posted:

https://twitter.com/CJTDevil/status/1637189439939018753

I wonder what Tatar is looking for in FA / if teams believe him in enough based on stuff like this to give him a big(ger) deal at age 32

He's been incredibly good though, possibly the best year of his career. I get the age 32+ dropoff thing but man the Devils have very few players that do what he does (pure possession/forecheck/defensive zone menace) and he will be difficult to replace next year.

Thankfully most GMs are stupid and he probably won't get the offers he should.

e: I was going to bring up the "he disappears in the playoffs" idiocy but luckily I didn't have to.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Yeah, but wait til he disappears in the playoffs.

it's weird that he has that rep given how suited his game is for the playoffs, I wonder if some of it is just his coaches being dumb and not seeing the totality of his game (much of which has nothing to do with production).

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
i appreciate that the sharks went ahead and wore the jerseys anyway and let reimer out himself as an rear end in a top hat instead of dropping the event entirely to cover for him, at least

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

clean ayers act posted:

i appreciate that the sharks went ahead and wore the jerseys anyway and let reimer out himself as an rear end in a top hat instead of dropping the event entirely to cover for him, at least

Only the Rangers, Flyers, and Wild have actually stopped theirs as far as Im aware.

Still 3 teams too many, but given what we know about hockey culture right now, its also fewer than I would have expected after the Flyers opened the flood gates.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I actually didn't realize James Reimer was still in the league. I lost track of him after he was in Florida and CarolIna and p bad.

Aphrodite posted:

The Bible isn't supposed to be the highest authority. It says that in the Bible.

Yes, but you see, Christians.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Furnaceface posted:

Only the Rangers, Flyers, and Wild have actually stopped theirs as far as Im aware.

Still 3 teams too many, but given what we know about hockey culture right now, its also fewer than I would have expected after the Flyers opened the flood gates.

after the athletic article i kind of assumed teams with russians would just heavily imply fear of putin or something

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Furnaceface posted:

I thought the Flyers wore them, and it was just Provorov who skipped the warmups and started this bullshit?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yes, but you see, Christians.

He does say "based on" the bible

which I'm sure he's read in Greek, Aramaic, or Latin as all good biblical literalists have and not just modern day translations through translations through manipulation by hateful speakers

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Hockey is for everyone. Whether you're a cop, in the military, or... no actually that's about it definitely not if you're a loving f**

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

big black turnout posted:

Hockey is for everyone. Whether you're a cop, in the military, or... no actually that's about it definitely not if you're a loving f**

No he clearly said they're all welcome! He just doesn't want to support them. Even though he said his religion tells him to love everyone.

gently caress I just fried a circuit in my brain trying to process that logic.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

https://twitter.com/deniedbyjarry/status/1637189132169490434?s=46&t=G7_Qf3CHYfRlEYN0ItgkuA

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

clean ayers act posted:

I was late to the conversation last time, but wanted to say this. Its crazy that some teams will throw away a bunch of money and goodwill just to cover for one player's poo poo opinion. If the team decided to wear the jerseys to support a cause, then make the player choose not to wear it and stand out and have to answer for it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Zaroff posted:

I thought the Flyers wore them, and it was just Provorov who skipped the warmups and started this bullshit?
It was this. Also supposedly someone at an ownership level wasn't happy with how it all went down with no warning, and it factored into Fletcher's firing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

Fortunately, that'll never happen as they'll go on a 5-6 game winning streak the last week as the teams that are officially out stop giving a poo poo and end up with roughly the 12th pick.

I loving hate the Flyers

E: apparently they gave up a buzzer beater for a tie but they're still garbage even if they only get a loser point

triple sulk fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 19, 2023

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ristolainen was on the ice for the game-tying goal

DeAngelo got loving owned in OT

God I hate both these fuckers

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

T-Bone posted:

The Kings and the Wild, given their prospect pools, solid play this year, and existing young talent are two teams I'd say could break out soon. They're both already playoff teams though so maybe that's not your definition.
The Kings are second in the league since mid-Dec. They have broken out.

That said, losing Kopitar in a few years and then Doughty a few years later is going to be difficult. But also they may both play to 40 so who knows.

And neither Copley nor Korpisalo have proven to be starters. I miss Jon Quick circa 2012.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Pretty bullshit that Reimer gets to unilaterally turn a diversity/inclusion event into another tedious discussion about the repugnant beliefs of bigots still in the league.

e: Even if the team had just told him to go home and shut up or something, it still would have been a story, because he's chosen to make it a story

bub spank fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 19, 2023

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

clean ayers act posted:

after the athletic article i kind of assumed teams with russians would just heavily imply fear of putin or something

Yeah at first I kind of thought it was elaborate cover for those guys but honestly, Russia is wild. So I kind of buy it.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
35-year old backup goalie (in the Bay Area of all places) publicly outs himself as a homophobe rather than wearing a rainbow jersey for 10 minutes lol

Good luck on your next contract bud

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Has anyone mentioned that Hextall built a really lovely team lately?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Krime posted:

He hexed them.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They honestly looked better before the half-assed trades.

My god what a terrible GM. I sincerely hope they miss the playoffs just so he gets fired.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/nyrangers/status/1637278290766356482?s=46&t=6jeBqCttHfYZcvTYdgsNIw

Igor was A+ tonight. Glad to see him rounding into form.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:discourse:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Lessail posted:

the nhl is a sin

Source: Levitaticus 69:420

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Krime posted:

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/1637286909578805248?s=20

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Aphrodite posted:

Reimer actually was one of the full on culty ones before.

Like, I'm not gonna say everyone named Reimer from rural Manitoba is an rear end in a top hat, I'm just gonna say I know several assholes named Reimer from rural Manitoba.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Sullivan is getting a hell of a long rope for those back-to-back cups, even JR got cut loose soon afterwards. 5 straight first round exits and battling for a wildcard spot this year

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They honestly looked better before the half-assed trades.

My god what a terrible GM. I sincerely hope they miss the playoffs just so he gets fired.

I hope they miss the playoffs because that is a preferable outcome to getting curbstomped by the loving Bruins

The Dirty Burger posted:

Sullivan is getting a hell of a long rope for those back-to-back cups, even JR got cut loose soon afterwards. 5 straight first round exits and battling for a wildcard spot this year

I've been the big Sullivan booster here for years but I have come around to the dreadful conviction that he, more than Hextall, is The Problem now. He is just never gonna let go of his beautiful vets or stop burying the only employees of his organization that can skate because they're young and gently caress young people.

Still a great coach IMO but letting him have any control over the roster is a disaster. But all indications are ownership loves him and he most definitely has some degree of control over the roster. Hextall will be fired and replaced this summer but the new GM will for all intents and purposes be Sullivan's employee and nothing will change.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 19, 2023

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

He just got extended too so hard to see him going anywhere

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Even good coaches get stuck in that “love these veteran players and young guys need to earn it” and are blind to the decline of vets. Too much “remember when they were good” and not paying attention to their current play

That said I don’t think many coaches will throw their players under the bus because a reporter asked them about it

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
His undying loyalty to his washed up vets doesn't require any assistance from the press to demonstrate, you need only observe the fact he continues to play them. And not merely play them but play them big minutes and the toughest shifts.

I hate complaining about Sullivan and try not to do it, because I remember Mike Johnston far better than I'd like to. But that pistol 's smokin'.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 19, 2023

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Yeah I think it’s part of how coaches have a shelf life. Eventually they get too far into trees sticking with “their guys” and not being objective enough about it and not realizing they’re sacrificing their teams record to be “loyal” to a few players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Albino Squirrel posted:

Like, I'm not gonna say everyone named Reimer from rural Manitoba is an rear end in a top hat, I'm just gonna say I know several assholes named Reimer from rural Manitoba.

keep my relatives out of this