Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Acknowledge him

I've started saying "ACKNOWLEDGE ME!" to all the animals I encounter in my day to day travails. For ages I didn't get a single acknowledgement, until the other day. A little bird looked up and chirped at me, then, out of nowhere, a local ginger kitty beloved by all in the estate hit me with a chair. Suddenly all the animals were screaming around me.

When I told this to the doctors as they treated me for a concussion they muttered something about, "Fed brain." I still don't know what this means.

I'm staying with my family while I recover. They had some "nice" "pictures" of birds, and cats and that, hanging up around the house. I always thought they looked suspicious. They've taken them down out of respect for my position. I know I am The King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Acknowledge him

no.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

someone worth acknowledging wouldn't need to ask

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I just like the idea of the young upstart nearly 40-year old Cody Rhodes being "too inexperienced" to win a title match in 2023.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Drakkel posted:

I just like the idea of the young upstart nearly 40-year old Cody Rhodes being "too inexperienced" to win a title match in 2023.

kid's got a lot to learn

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Honestly they should have sent this Cody kid to NXT so he could learn to work first. Probably why he broke his titty so bad.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Moment he stops working for the same company the titty master works for his titty busts up. Coincidence?

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
The sHHHovel era will always be the most insufferable WWE period for me, but only because of easily accessible alternatives to watch in the Romeandering Ramblings era.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/joereyes974/status/1637220650270990340?t=3_oAnjQwQbqtt1I3GAZ5jQ&s=19

JAS 4L

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Jericho is politicking Tony into paying for hotel rooms and transportation so that Jericho can remain AEW champion???

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Seams posted:

Jericho is politicking Tony into paying for hotel rooms and transportation so that Jericho can remain AEW champion???

If Jericho had a hotel room paid for then maybe hed have left the title there instead of driving around with it and getting it stolen

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Jericho took one look at his hotel bill and said "That's not gonna work for me, brother"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

the finger poke of doom is basically exactly like getting talent a rental car. these things are the same.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I will absolutely double bird backwards walk out of a job if they dont cover my room and transport. Wrestlers are fuckin dumb.

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

That "Cody must lose" person's argument is that for the story to be good, Roman must hold the title for another two years?? That would be tedious poo poo if it started today lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cody must lose because it would be really loving funny

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Cody must lose because it would be really loving funny

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really like Cody as a wrestler and really dislike Roman as a wrestler, but if you're not rooting for Cody to eat that Spear and take that 1-2-3, I dunno what you're doing here.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

was looking for a crowd shot of house rules and found this guy

https://twitter.com/DanielMaggiano/status/1637247098063142912

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
basically anything about the AEW house show has tons of those kind of replies

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

tony was right about the bots

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

boy it must suck to be able to get that close to the wrestlers.

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

I'm going, to say, "learn to Write" in every reply to my detractors. I'm going to use "let alone" in strange ways, let alone I'm going to use commas, way too much, way too much commas.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Dick Swiveller posted:

I'm going, to say, "learn to Write" in every reply to my detractors. I'm going to use "let alone" in strange ways, let alone I'm going to use commas, way too much, way too much commas.

don't forget to be casually yet blatantly racist at every opportunity

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

don't forget to be casually yet blatantly racist at every opportunity

ah, someone else looked at the replies to that one. dude is racist as poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Oh no not discourse about WWE covering up child molestation how terrible.

https://twitter.com/tayredacted/status/1637476079177793538

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
The Tribalistic AEW fans at Rolling Stone have gone too far.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/alamino_casin0/status/1637501635654975491

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i can't believe vikingo politicked cm punk out of the company

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1637182930937159682?t=3mE7cnhv71Y-g4pEAXozmw&s=19

Jesus...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
MJF should just walk on to the Jimmy Kimmel set.

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
I don't mind fans taking an interest in ticket sales/ratings etc., but it annoys me how so much of online discussion around wrestling is nerds pretending to be expert promoters. In particular I hate when they poo poo on wrestlers for "not being a draw" etc.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's only fair to blame that on the 'smarty smarty clubs' created by the likes of dave meltzer, wade keller, dave scherer, and bryan alvarez. they made it the fans' business to feel informed about who was a draw and things of that nature. they armed the public with the tools. but are they tools or weapons? It's a big gun. Draw!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

this kid is nuts posted:

I don't mind fans taking an interest in ticket sales/ratings etc., but it annoys me how so much of online discussion around wrestling is nerds pretending to be expert promoters. In particular I hate when they poo poo on wrestlers for "not being a draw" etc.

Roman Reigns isn't a draw brother. Let's get this The Bunny in, now she's the real needle mover

Joke aside it is such a pointless topic of discussion, not to mention there's no actual goal. Oh they don't hit a million, OK, cool, are they meeting their goals? Are they selling merch? Selling out shows? They've had multiple papes in a row beat their own goals, that's good enough for them, so that's end of story.

Wait I forgot Big Hug Tony is lying and it's plants and papered tickets and all the merch is given away for free or something.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
MJF has done some external things (like the Impractical Jokers ep) and honestly having him do more as time permits wouldnt be a bad idea but building awareness does take time. (Also WWE does have a few ins in that SNL is NBC/Universal who own USA, and the relationship between those two goes back to Ebersol producing SNME as a fill in.)

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Maxwell Lord posted:

MJF has done some external things (like the Impractical Jokers ep) and honestly having him do more as time permits wouldnt be a bad idea but building awareness does take time. (Also WWE does have a few ins in that SNL is NBC/Universal who own USA, and the relationship between those two goes back to Ebersol producing SNME as a fill in.)

Also, MJF is a heel, you wouldn't expect him to be a big media friendly babyface draw. You'd expect that of whoever beats him. Jack Perry is the perfect guy to have do a big media tour, but I'm not sure that makes him the right choice overall.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I would buy every MJF article of merch if he called Jimmy Kimmel a basement dwelling virgin.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
It's also pretending like MJF's tweet from the ancient feud with Cutler doesn't still pop up. I think Matt Mercer falling for his gimmick gets way more of the eyeballs they'd hope to attract to AEW than a short segment on a late night talk show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

It's also pretending like MJF's tweet from the ancient feud with Cutler doesn't still pop up. I think Matt Mercer falling for his gimmick gets way more of the eyeballs they'd hope to attract to AEW than a short segment on a late night talk show.

Wasn't it Joe Manganiello?