Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yes, please send me on Hoary and Coultenet's Excellent Adventure, SE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My insiders at SE are telling me 10 minutes into 7.0 you get forced to create a new character and your WoL is the final boss

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Yes, please send me on Hoary and Coultenet's Excellent Adventure, SE

If you thought hanging out with ShB on Thancred and Urianger was third wheeling we present…

The Third Wheel (Savage).

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Giott is going to discover how to cross over to other shards faster than Ryne and Gaia can simply by getting too drunk, drunkenly shouting "Hey check this out." and dropping a Final Heaven so hard it tears a hole in reality straight to the source.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The 7.0 adventuring party includes Aenor, Hoary and Ocher and anytime there's a group cutscene at least two of them are conspicuously absent.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the 7.0 adventuring party should just be all the nation leaders, let us grant kan-e's wish to break kneecaps across the globe

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it should just be me and urianger and we're on a date

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Countblanc posted:

the 7.0 adventuring party should just be all the nation leaders, let us grant kan-e's wish to break kneecaps across the globe

We need a national-leader trust where Kan-E's DPS version is just her swinging the staff like a baseball bat, the better to kneecap every dad in the dungeon

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The 7.0 team is just the Scions again, but they've all taken bare-minimum name changes ala the Warriors of Darkness in Heavensward.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alphiyeah and Alishout

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Hogama posted:

The 7.0 team is just the Scions again, but they've all taken bare-minimum name changes ala the Warriors of Darkness in Heavensward.

Oh, so it's like when you queue into roulettes and end up with a premade RPer group who are all named like Thomcred Woters and U'rianger Au'gerelt

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hogama posted:

Yishtola
Yuri Anger
Alf Nod
Tankard
Tarutarutarutaru Taru

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

brb, making a Xaela alt named Aurianger Raugerelt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Urioffger and Thancblue

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I kinda feel like post ShB G'raha has a manic streak in part because he's literally in his own younger self. Like his most recent memories are being an old man basically on death's door, so of course he wants to realize some loving dreams with his newfound second life, but yeah I guess he's a bit clingy.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I assume post-StB Gosetsu shows up again, put him in the trusts SE

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

I say this with no sarcasm - if they kill off Zero, it is actually going to upset me to the point where I will be unable to not think less of this game and the story going forward. Killing Zero off will irrevocably damage my views of this game.

If they kill off Zero, it'll be because she turns into Zeromus in the last patch before 7.0 and that'll be rad as hell. And even then there's a reasonable shot that she gets better after the fight.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I would be very surprised if they killed off Zero, both because she's proven to be a dark horse popularity-wise, and because she's a narratively perfect companion for a new story. If their goal is to make it so that new players can hop straight to 7.X, then you absolutely need an audience standin who can ask the questions they're thinking about, and it's hard to imagine a better choice than a fish-out-of-water type who needs basic concepts like "friend" explained to her.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I think chances are higher than not that Zero lives, but it's only like, 65% in my mind. The other 35% is 'sacrifices herself in a really dramatic scene that affects the characters in the long term way less than it feels like it should'.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Then again in this latest patch G'raha answers the phone to you calling and then immediately crashes into the floor tripping over poo poo in excitement so maybe it's not overblown lol.

It's right for us to acknowledge recency bias, and yeah, G'raha's latest appearance is pretty much the strongest example of their worst tendencies in writing him.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I want Zero to join the main cast because it desperately needs another woman, especially one that’s a front line fighter.

Also she’s pretty and I want to fix her.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I like G'raha but I think if I slightly disliked him then his... enthusiasm towards the WoL would push me to really disliking him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

hopeandjoy posted:

Also she’s pretty and I want to fix her.

:hmmyes:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'd honest to god love it if we could get a fresh slate of dudes for 7.0 and beyond, but I figure the existence of the Trust system clues in to that never happening. If anything, we'll get some one-offs in duty support like Exarch/Lyna in Holminister and the 87 dungeon.

e: plus maybe one or two new dudes per expac. I know who's I've got my money on.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Antivehicular posted:

This is another argument for Lala Exarch, IMHO: under the hood, he can just wear a dwarf helmet. You know, for deep cover.

And under that... it's gotta be Wedge, right? Immortalized cyborg Wedge? Or I guess the regular one got unstuck in time again.
My long-range guess was actually Nero, albeit perhaps in a cloned G'raha body

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Vitamean posted:

I'd honest to god love it if we could get a fresh slate of dudes for 7.0 and beyond, but I figure the existence of the Trust system clues in to that never happening. If anything, we'll get some one-offs in duty support like Exarch/Lyna in Holminister and the 87 dungeon.

e: plus maybe one or two new dudes per expac. I know who's I've got my money on.

I like the idea of giving our original crew (Thancred/Y'shtola/Alphinaud/Alisaie/Urianger) a rest. Let them go do their own things and then just cross paths with the WoL & Crew in moments of great need.

Imagine spending 7.0 not seeing Thancred or Urianger at all, then at some point in 8.0, we're in a moment of great need and the two of them walk in the door. I would be fuckin hootin and hollerin.

I think they've done well to really make us love these characters and see a nice arc for each of them. Now it's time for them to move aside into more of an occasional support role imo.

(Then in 9.0, you get the band back together and gently caress some poo poo up.)

I would love for the "core crew" in 7.0 would be Estinien, G'raha Tia, Krile, and Zero. For dungeons, you have Estinien as DPS, G'raha as Tank/Healer/DPS, and Zero as DPS/Tank. And then Krile is our base commander sorta thing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm fully expecting Zero to be the final boss of 6.5.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

G'raha is a giant dorky nerd who loves history and adventure. He likes the WoL because they represent the kind of heroism and adventure he idolized but that is also a huge part of his personality. The dude loves researching old places and discovering old history and uncovering ancient secrets, which is why he's around a lot because you do a lot of that. Him not being dorky would remove some of the charm from him because that's kind of a big point. He is a bright-eyed adventure-loving guy who was willing to throw everything aside to save the world and then he got a second chance so he's living it up.

I feel like going "He's a cloying nobody with no personality" requires you to literally ignore everything about the character. He's a bit doofy but good. Doofy give him texture and allows them to do funny moments with him. Having someone along who just loving loves adventure and is glad to show it is nice considering everyone else tries to be too cool for school (even if they fail at it.)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

I would love for the "core crew" in 7.0 would be Estinien, G'raha Tia, Krile, and Zero. For dungeons, you have Estinien as DPS, G'raha as Tank/Healer/DPS, and Zero as DPS/Tank. And then Krile is our base commander sorta thing.

krile has explicitly stated that she's started practicing combat specifically because she feels lame not helping us when things come to blows, so theres like a 90% chance she's a Trust

e: that said it would be funny if they made whichever scion you didn't bring along a persona-style Navigator who blabbed for 20 minutes about nothing in particular

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

FFXIV-2: MNK in position

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Countblanc posted:

krile has explicitly stated that she's started practicing combat specifically because she feels lame not helping us when things come to blows, so theres like a 90% chance she's a Trust

e: that said it would be funny if they made whichever scion you didn't bring along a persona-style Navigator who blabbed for 20 minutes about nothing in particular

Y'shtola in the backseat: I see a chance for an all out attack!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the graphics overhauls supposedly coming with 7.0 right? I can’t wait to see how the character models differ. I’m going to waste so much money on fantasias

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

biceps crimes posted:

the graphics overhauls supposedly coming with 7.0 right? I can’t wait to see how the character models differ. I’m going to waste so much money on fantasias

I'm excited about the new lighting and increased object density! The worlds going to feel more lived in and I can't wait!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I've still not used my free fantasia and I keep looking at my Femmelander and forcing myself to hold out until the refresh. She's lovely but Viera exist now and I want to be a glamazon.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Countblanc posted:

I am 1000% on board for trusts having a designated Linkpearl Navigator for each dungeon, quipping and spouting lore at the party in little voiceovers.

this game already has so much Metal Gear Solid DNA, might as well go full Codec call.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't think they're going to kill Zero but I do think we're going to have to fight her at the end of this arc

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Kerrzhe posted:

it should just be me and urianger and we're on a date

An underrated video for an underrated character:

(EW spoilers) https://youtu.be/hUHJ9sKz7wI

It's basically a few of his best speeches with some music, but you've probably forgotten some of them already

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

FuturePastNow posted:

I don't think they're going to kill Zero but I do think we're going to have to fight her at the end of this arc

I mean ff4 + zero->zeromus makes it pretty certain

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

biceps crimes posted:

I suspect it isn't going to be THAT huge. What they've shown off is more like "the same but a bit nicer" versus "something entirely new."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect it isn't going to be THAT huge. What they've shown off is more like "the same but a bit nicer" versus "something entirely new."

Yeah I think it’s mostly going to be nicer textures. Maybe fingers that aren’t sausages, but maybe not even that.