Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It is understood by the Child that he or she is Unwelcome at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Children caught playing Imagination Games will immediately be asked to leave.

(I love the detail that there is a reference book on a lectern "during daylight hours"/the implication that Pat goes through the motions of preparing this entire aquarium tableau daily, for the enjoyment and benefit of no one.)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Youremother posted:

Any Achewood comic where you can see a penis is an all-timer.

Thank you for reading my comic!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

more falafel please posted:

Oh hey, some trauma I had pushed down, how's it hangin, been a while

Did you get the weird triangle thing on your pencil to try to teach you how to hold it "correctly?" And if so did you just learn a really hosed up way of holding it so that you've never been able to learn how to use chopsticks good? Or was that just me

I'm in this post and I don't like it

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Elon Musk is a corny douchebag! I'm not afraid to say it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

more falafel please posted:

Oh hey, some trauma I had pushed down, how's it hangin, been a while

Did you get the weird triangle thing on your pencil to try to teach you how to hold it "correctly?" And if so did you just learn a really hosed up way of holding it so that you've never been able to learn how to use chopsticks good? Or was that just me

I take solace in that as hosed up as my pen grip is, it will never be James Stokoe hosed up

That said, he draws astonishingly detailed Godzillas with his hosed up caveman grip and I can't draw a square with four straight sides so what do I know

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Antivehicular posted:

"Mom, I'm not the special boy. Philippe is the special boy. He's on the shirt"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Phy posted:

I take solace in that as hosed up as my pen grip is, it will never be James Stokoe hosed up

That said, he draws astonishingly detailed Godzillas with his hosed up caveman grip and I can't draw a square with four straight sides so what do I know

I could never figure out Erik Larsen's grip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmDU46xAtmU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
my kid's learning to walk and she straight up rap music my droogsed herself into the wall today

wife had no idea what i was talking about

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I could never figure out Erik Larsen's grip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmDU46xAtmU

oh man that is mega nasty

that is dog poo poo

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

favorite achewood moments?

I think might be when beef's mom was supposed to bring sodas for his little league game and when she doesn't show up one of the kids recommends the team go somewhere that roastbeef can't, like to a doctor

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

The Voice of Labor posted:

Lyle's blog slowly goes from quasi-literate with no regard for grammar or syntax to insightful and articulate, and then snaps back to its usual vague literacy. This coincides with the arc in the strip where Lyle gets trapped in an Irish finishing school (or something like that..?) and detoxes against his will, then gets out again.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

It's all in the blogs. The explanation of how he comes to be trapped at a school for girls, becomes staff in the kitchen, then escapes, sober as a Turk all the while. It only 'links' with the strip when we see everyone arrive at some party or another (not THE party, a posterior one), and Ray asls Lyle "how was Wales?" To which Lyle says "lemme know if I poo poo my pants. Excellent", completely back to 'normal'

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

I believe it was the party Ray threw based on how beautiful the 2000 Flushes made the color of his toilet water. An all-timer arc that gave us “shank em if you got em,” Ray Gets Sort of Stoned, and “your activities are so poorly conveyed.”

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cornelius waking up after a heavy night of drinking and discovering a STAR WARS tattoo on his chest.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I'm a big fan of "Here, put these shoes on and have legs like mine." and "Man you'd think it'd be easier to give bad news to Charlie Brown." Maybe even "He took you down with him like an Egyptian Emperor!". It perfectly nails every part of both a weird dream and a nostalgic look at what we have lost in time.

Oh poo poo, I also like when they invent Hip Hobbit.

TGG fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 19, 2023

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

mashing f5 daily during the great outdoor fight

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
“i’ve been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery, just mowing us all down”

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'M THE GUY WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT DEPRESSION

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
drat this comic is too good, "There are a lot of uncomfortable conflations in the Cropes Testament."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

TGG posted:

Oh poo poo, I also like when they invent Hip Hobbit.

"Beat box my dwarf-core, dude!" and "THE WIZARD / HE ATE IT / HE ATE THAT COELACANTH" are both high on the list of Achewood phrases when they make even the vaguest sense in context, which is very rarely, but still

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MizuZero posted:

mashing f5 daily during the great outdoor fight

God yeah that was a magical time. I remember even when GOF was first mentioned in a single line everybody IMMEDIATELY getting hype even with no idea of what it was or what the upcoming storyline would be, and it ended up being possibly the high watermark of arguably the greatest webcomic of all time.

In fact!

Jaaaaam posted:

THE GREAT. loving. OUT DOOR FIGHT.

this can only be a good thing.

Live reactions to the first strip to mention the fight start with that post and being a long and crazy journey :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 19, 2023

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

WHAT'S THE BEST THING YOU GOT

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
"open up a can of dumbass" remains a personal favorite

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Dear ROAST BEEF,

I am deeply sorry that YOU HAD TO TALK ON THE PHONE WITH THE KKK. I know it was my fault. I never meant for that to happen. I never dreamed it could.

I am also sorry that YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T HIT TAQUERIA EL METATE and that OR THAT PLACE BY THE INTERSECTION THAT I CALL EL GLOPPO for a little while. I hope you feel the same way.

I mean this. I mean every word.
RAY!

Like this card? Visit us at www.apologies4men.com!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Quite possibly the worst men's discount apology e-service on the market today.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ElectricRelaxation posted:

Dear ROAST BEEF,

I am deeply sorry that YOU HAD TO TALK ON THE PHONE WITH THE KKK. I know it was my fault. I never meant for that to happen. I never dreamed it could.

I am also sorry that YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T HIT TAQUERIA EL METATE and that OR THAT PLACE BY THE INTERSECTION THAT I CALL EL GLOPPO for a little while. I hope you feel the same way.

RAY!

Like this card? Visit us at https://www.apologies4men.com

Dogg it must feel sick as hell to receive a card from a dude

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it's kind of like

it's kind of like playin' a basketball game

and I am there

and the other player is there

and it's just the two of us

and I put the other player's body in my van

and I am the winner

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

prescient for the computer generated apology message that went out after the last school shooting

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ElectricRelaxation posted:

Dear ROAST BEEF,

RAY!

Like this card? Visit us at https://www.apologies4men.com

Chapter One.

It was very late at night. Candles lined the darkened room. Roast Beef lay back on the red satin bed, depression playing across his handsome features. Molly, nice, not my type, walked into the room wearing erotic lingerie with a subtle computer programming theme. She had to get back to I don't know, some crappy-assed waitress job in a few hours, but for now, the my pool house was the limits of their world.

"Wait," whispered Roast Beef, as he slyly produced a spicy Greek pepperoncini in vinegar. She moaned softly as he traced the outline of her nipple with it. Soon, she couldn't stand it any longer. She pulled his nothin' to write home about chest to hers and locked him in a passionate kiss. In the morning, he awoke before her, and lovingly prepared his special breakfast of those canned Hormel tamales with the little piece of paper in between each one.

Molly seductively slid a raunchy little tamale across her I haven't really noticed them lips, and soon...

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 20, 2023

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"In a nation of broadband apathy, the pierced avenues of your local Tower Records are something like a roll call for reform... reporting to [Ray Smuckles'] Ragtime Detention Center is like pacing steadily toward the altar of... the only modern cultural validation which can even be said to exist."

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

NOW HOW WOULD I KNOW THAT?!? HOW WOULD I KNOW THAT ROBOT DON'T EJACULATE?!?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The end! No moral!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
If a number can't come real /
then I don't need that stumper /
The concept of the variable /
can take it in the dumper

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Ketchup will always be "lycopene-rich ketchup" to me thanks to Achewood

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Howard Beale posted:

Ketchup will always be "lycopene-rich ketchup" to me thanks to Achewood

”THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN”

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Aaaaahhh...a snap of the cap for the cat with the... What Bensington intended to end that rhyme with has haunted me for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

this whole mini-arc

Cornelius...
Dogg...
We got maaaaanes...