Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The jig is absolutely up. These people realize now they will be crossfire. Putin not being able to leave Russia will drive him up the loving walls and turn him into a new form of bad. Like last days in the bunker type poo poo will start happening. Expect to see larger mass attacks of Russians and just more death in general.

IF they get above 2K dead a day I will poo poo a brick. Because that's like Verdun levels of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The jig is absolutely up. These people realize now they will be crossfire. Putin not being able to leave Russia will drive him up the loving walls and turn him into a new form of bad. Like last days in the bunker type poo poo will start happening. Expect to see larger mass attacks of Russians and just more death in general.

IF they get above 2K dead a day I will poo poo a brick. Because that's like Verdun levels of death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court#/media/File:ICC_member_states.svg

He's free to visit the red colours
The yellow atm
Some of the green countries will look the other way South Africa is a safe bet will look the other way for example. Maybe I'm wrong. Brazil will be interesting what they do with Silva now incharge.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/GeeDawg55975157/status/1637199484940632064
These guys got a tank crew to abandon their tank with a used Javelin tube. What even the gently caress.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Tai posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court#/media/File:ICC_member_states.svg

He's free to visit the red colours
The yellow atm
Some of the green countries will look the other way South Africa is a safe bet will look the other way for example. Maybe I'm wrong. Brazil will be interesting what they do with Silva now incharge.

noone will arrest the sitting president of a nuclear state

i mean if he tried doing a road trip through Europe, it'd force their hands, but without that kind of flaunting, it's not happening.

far too much to lose for any individual place with the capability and will, nothing to really gain - it's not like it'd end the war, it would be a huge vector to escalate it if anything, imagine the propaganda of "the westerners kidnapped our president", combined with the incentive it'd create to fully north-koreanize Russia for whoever took power after him, it would be a bad move

any nation that did it would be geopolitically hosed, regardless of how much common goodwill it earned then internationally - no leader of any world power is gonna associate with a Snitch State that might bag their dudes for an international court

plus the US wouldn't be down for it happening because supporting it would set a precedent for charging people like Cheney & GWB

The ICC charges are functionally theater to make Putin lose face internationally and discourage neutral countries from dealing with Russia, noone will act on them unless Russia's govt. actually collapses

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lol he'll 100% get arrested in most EU countries. Russia isn't going to nuke anyone in the EU or NATO/NATO friends.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
I just binge watched Russia TraumaZone. Holy hell. It brings such insights. Goddamn.

“We’ll take Grozny in 2 hours.”

History rhymes for sure.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

Spaz means spastic and is offensive (in the UK, and i assume some other places) in much the same way retard is. Lizzo and Beyonce both took the word out of songs recently.

My apologies for calling Steven Seagal a **** who now identifies as 100% Russian (for some reason). My meaning/context was him being a clumsy dancer with gif included showing him being a very clumsy dancer. I don't follow Lizzo or Beyonce so apologies for that too. Bad post is bad. I ate a six-er which is basically meaningless anyway.

Steven Seagal is a wannabe Spetsnaz who shits his pants and dances very badly. Those are facts.

DiomedesGodshill fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 19, 2023

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tai posted:

lol he'll 100% get arrested in most EU countries. Russia isn't going to nuke anyone in the EU or NATO/NATO friends.

Realistically anywhere that would arrest him would simply deny him entry if he tried to go, which he wouldn't. There's no scenario where someone sets up a state visit and then slaps the cuffs on.

Tai posted:

Rebuilding Donbas

lol. lmao

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FirstnameLastname posted:

i mean if he tried doing a road trip through Europe, it'd force their hands, but without that kind of flaunting, it's not happening.

far too much to lose for any individual place with the capability and will, nothing to really gain - it's not like it'd end the war, it would be a huge vector to escalate it if anything, imagine the propaganda of "the westerners kidnapped our president", combined with the incentive it'd create to fully north-koreanize Russia for whoever took power after him, it would be a bad move

any nation that did it would be geopolitically hosed, regardless of how much common goodwill it earned then internationally - no leader of any world power is gonna associate with a Snitch State that might bag their dudes for an international court

plus the US wouldn't be down for it happening because supporting it would set a precedent for charging people like Cheney & GWB

The ICC charges are functionally theater to make Putin lose face internationally and discourage neutral countries from dealing with Russia, noone will act on them unless Russia's govt. actually collapses
While I doubt most countries would be willing to arrest him, at the same time I don't think he'd risk showing his rear end anywhere outside of BRIC buddies/north korea either

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
lol if you think putin is going to stick his toe anywhere beyond the longest possible table in the kremlin

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah there's zero chance he ever touches western Europe soil ever again, except when he soils his pants after eating foie gras or some sauerkraut and faceplanting down some stairs

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah there's zero chance he ever touches western Europe soil ever again, except when he soils his pants after eating foie gras or some sauerkraut and faceplanting down some stairs

I'd argue that Eastern Europe is even worse for him to touch tbh

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Yeah it's not really cool but I get it. It's because it's hypocritical for him to hold such lofty ideals for masculinity while simultaneously being what is considered 'not tall enough' to fit into the very same expectations of American masculinity that he champions. It's applying his same toxic masculinity to him, but a lot of people lose the thread for lol short jokes.

Ultimately it's about him being a hypocrite

The important thing about Ben Shapiro's height is that he evolved to fit perfectly in a locker.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

quote:

For NAFO, it’s the humble Shiba Inu avatar — a goofy-looking dog breed popularized by Tesla’s chief executive and would-be online troll Elon Musk and his support of Dogecoin, the cryptocurrency.

Implying that shibe originated with Elon Musk and dogecoin, smdh

war is hell

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The first casualty of meme war is based.

War. War is cringe.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I think this is all broadly true in the case of Putin.

What is interesting though, is that in addition to issuing a warrant for him, they also issued one for a mid-level bureaucrat, the Commissioner for Children's rights, Maria Lvova-Belova.

I think the fact her warrant was also issued, sends a signal that to people within the regime, that whilst Putin may be untouchable, they aren't. They can and will be targetted, and won't have the same protection he has. They will have to watch where they travel for the rest of their lives.

And furthermore Putin won't be around forever to protect them... A future Russian president could potentially see them as a useful bargaining chip to be extradited, in an effort to ease sanctions.

I think this is going to make some Russia elites a bit more anxious. They aren't immune from consequences anymore.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tigey posted:

I think the fact her warrant was also issued, sends a signal that to people within the regime, that whilst Putin may be untouchable, they aren't. They can and will be targetted, and won't have the same protection he has. They will have to watch where they travel for the rest of their lives.

And furthermore Putin won't be around forever to protect them... A future Russian president could potentially see them as a useful bargaining chip to be extradited, in an effort to ease sanctions.

I think this is going to make some Russia elites a bit more anxious. They aren't immune from consequences anymore.

Its this.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Tai posted:

nah dude you are tripping

he would if he went there to go "nanana you can't arrest me", because they'd have to, but he wouldn't do that. if he doesn't do that, no one's gonna try to arrest him regardless of where he goes. it won't happen

countries cannot allow that and still be independent nations, it just doesn't happen, the entire concept of being a sovereign nation is hinged on that poo poo. it's why the US isn't signatory to it either and has that "invade the hague" law justincase;
not because they're worried about it happening, the admission that it could be allowed in itself is unacceptable, and since we've got war criminals who deserve charges we're forced to remind everyone. it's kinda like copyright, you use it or lose it

arresting a sitting head of a nuclear power is fully uncharted territory diplomatically and there's no telling who would take power next or how willing to hit the button preemptively they are, but it's
100% certain they'd have an insanely strong incentive to never cooperate with the west at any level ever, ever again as long as that govt exists

when a country isn't militarily dismantled in an occupation you can't just... do stuff like that to them, if they have ICBMs lol. they don't have to fire them, the existence of them at all changes everything, noone is gonna go provoking them by imprisoning their head of state while the government and military apparatus is still there

it would create an unacceptable amount of risk for conventional war breaking out between Russia and a member of the EU or NATO or both, which Russia could argue was initiated by the other party due to their head of state being imprisoned by them according to an international body they don't recognize.

Russia's government would have no option but to take that stance bc realpolitik, any other would turn Russia into a western vassal state. if they're willing to steal your country's main guy, from the Russian government's perspective, they're not respecting your national sovereignty, diplomatic standards or adherence to international law, as Russia isn't signatory to the ICC.

That argument doesn't have to convince anyone except Russia, and only enough to do something serious back, and then it either very rapidly becomes a fuckin awkward frozen conflict stretched across thousands and thousands of miles of bordering land, or goes nuclear.

there's no win condition against a nuclear state without it going nuclear, nato would obv. wipe Russia conventionally but there couldn't be a conventional military dismantlement because that's the condition for Russia to hit the button. without doing that, you get the great DMZ line that noone on earth wants and a gigantic nuclear state with no reason to not dump all of its money into funding international terrorism and crime

like, there's no way, none ever, that Russia would, or could, simply be okay with that happening as things are now, which means it will not happen. things don't work like that, because it's too dangerous to gently caress around with.

Tigey posted:

I think this is all broadly true in the case of Putin.

What is interesting though, is that in addition to issuing a warrant for him, they also issued one for a mid-level bureaucrat, the Commissioner for Children's rights, Maria Lvova-Belova.

yeah, they're not protected in the same ways at all. they'd be a political chip if arrested and russia would throw a fit over it, but it wouldn't carry the same risks as arresting Putin or other top-level govt would, so they'd get popped right away. it's one of those principle/precedent things more than anything else, no sovereign state can let it slide

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 19, 2023

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

They aren't firing ICBM's. They rattled that sabre too many times and they've been told to stfu.

Also, much like any bully, putin won't have the balls to call the wests stones if he decides to visit. He's a sad man

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tai posted:

They aren't firing ICBM's. They rattled that sabre too many times and they've been told to stfu.

Also, much like any bully, putin won't have the balls to call the wests stones if he decides to visit. He's a sad man

If you arrest and imprison the head of a nuclear armed power then all bets are off

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

HonorableTB posted:

If you arrest and imprison the head of a nuclear armed power then all bets are off

Nobody is nuking anyone my guy

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

KakerMix posted:

Nobody is nuking anyone my guy

Except for someones balls? Putin and Xi said they're gonna nuke someone's balls tomorrow.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wilbur666

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

lol. Russia is not going to launch nukes on anyone. Putin will simply avoid going anywhere that getting arrested might be an issue.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Poor Wilbur, thought of nukes and his balls died.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I mean, would the rest of Russia even want him back?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

je1 healthcare posted:

I mean, would the rest of Russia even want him back?

They would rather do him themselves.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

well now i’m interested. when IS the last time putin has stepped foot in any western country? i know it has to have at least been before the pandemic, and likely before they were poisoning people in the uk. but i’m fairly sure he’s come by after the first invasion into ukraine

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

PIZZA.BAT posted:

well now i’m interested. when IS the last time putin has stepped foot in any western country? i know it has to have at least been before the pandemic, and likely before they were poisoning people in the uk. but i’m fairly sure he’s come by after the first invasion into ukraine

He had a summit with Biden in Geneva in 2021

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
lol what is this convo? No, Putin is not going to be loving arrested its idiotic cawing about it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

HonorableTB posted:

He had a summit with Biden in Geneva in 2021

lol welp. never mind then

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm going to brutally arrest Putin with machine guns and bazookas and turn him over to the Hague.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm going to brutally arrest Putin with machine guns and bazookas and turn him over to the Hague.

bring a hazmat suit putins are known to spray fecal matter when threatened like a squid shooting ink

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

the nuke threat talk just make me think of them launching a nuke at wherever location putin gets arrested lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm gonna arrest putin

in minecraft

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Renreeja posted:

the nuke threat talk just make me think of them launching a nuke at wherever location putin gets arrested lol

anyone seen willo567 lately?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
putin is hiding under willo567's balls

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

They wont be able to arrest putin. Firstly, the vile stench will cause anyone trying to arrest him to be sick. Secondly, he can shed his poo poo filled pants like a gecko to confuse his pursuers. I'd like to see the decadent west come up with a more fool proof plan than this.!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1637231947066769414
More insane barking from Medvedev. You do realize nothing significant's going to happen to Donald Duck right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

if they're willing to steal your country's main guy, from the Russian government's perspective, they're not respecting your national sovereignty, diplomatic standards or adherence to international law, as Russia isn't signatory to the ICC.

Genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity are established peremptory norms of international law, prosecutable under universal jurisdiction, and diplomatic immunity under the Vienna Conventions does not apply to such acts even by a head of state. I gather Kissinger is also careful in making travel plans for similar reasons.

As such, *not* detaining Putin is a violation of international law.

Are they to drop the VDV on The Hague?