Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Kith posted:

solo master campaign missions are such a loving slog, christ almighty

shoutout to the insanely aggressive and nearly immortal wyverns that can one-shot you through 100 res and double void resist

additional shoutout to the even more aggressive and even more durable boss wyvern that attacks twice as fast

tertiary shoutout to the boss hydra that spams void explosions like it's going out of loving style, all of which one-shot you

last but not least, all three champion types being present, plus tormentors, drastically restricting your loadout more than match game + champs ever did

god tormentors suck so fuckin bad

God, I saw the thing for Legend Weekly campaign missions and ws like "seems easy I already did the campaign solo on legend :words: " Boy was i wrong.

e] I might have just chosen the worst weekly, getting locked in those tiny rooms with all the vex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

I gotta say, bungie putting out reeds regret, power creeping it the second I get a good roll, nerfing LFRs and then putting a strand primary with target lock in feels like a psyop directed at me specifically. Pain, agony etc

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Yeah, love to have the famous gunplay feel like poo poo because it doesn’t make sense to ever use a primary lol

Expansion so bad it killed a guy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The thread does not like/enjoy your posting - only you seem to.
Do not post in this thread any more.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I did get what I believe is the god roll on the new raid LFR my first clear (reconstruction/focused fury/max stability barrel and masterwork)

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Pirate Jet posted:

I did get what I believe is the god roll on the new raid LFR my first clear (reconstruction/focused fury/max stability barrel and masterwork)

that's spicy. I wonder if rewind would give better DPS than recon but either way sounds like an absolute blast to use, and I don't normally like LFRs.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pirate Jet posted:

That sounds amazing

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

frajaq posted:

played the free intro mission with the nice vista in jumping between the ships and I'm getting the Destiny 2 itch again

give it to me straight, is Lightfall worth it? Why are all the steam reviews negative

To summarize what everyone else said:

The game is good. The campaign is not.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The seasonal content has been good. The raid is great. There’s a lot to like once you suffer through the campaign.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
After never bothering with ever, I've tried Tarrabah for the first time last night and I am here to say Tarrabah loving rocks and my new goal is to make a dedicated solar loadout around it. I'm currently percolating something with double Solar Surge and Star Eater Scales, we'll see how it works.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Remember! If Legend Lost Sectors are taking more than 5 minutes, you may have forgotten to equip Wish-Ender, and matched your subclass to the Surge.

Thank you for this. Managed so solo flawless Perdition today and Wish-Ender made it so much easier.

I still think Legend should be 1810 or 1820. 1830 is crap.

Lord Wexia fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 19, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sam the floating bubble that knocks you around while you try to kill an Unstoppable Champ may be the worst character in Bungie history, holy moly.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I have no idea what that mechanic is supposed to contribute. There’s nothing it helps you with and plenty it gets in the way of

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

MJeff posted:

Sam the floating bubble that knocks you around while you try to kill an Unstoppable Champ may be the worst character in Bungie history, holy moly.

Look, he said it was hard to steer.

I honestly wished they played up how weird it is that guardians can bodily enter the vex network.

Like, imagine this interaction when Sam dissolves part of the level:
Ghost:
"Hey, stop destroying the walkways!"
Sam:
"Is that what they look like to you? My augs are registering that I damaged some data channels, but... you treat them as literal walkways?"

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

frajaq posted:

played the free intro mission with the nice vista in jumping between the ships and I'm getting the Destiny 2 itch again

give it to me straight, is Lightfall worth it? Why are all the steam reviews negative

The campaign's writing is very bad.

Strand is fun to use (at least on lock and titan, I haven't dicked with hunter), but locked behind the bad campaign.

Loadouts and buildcrafting are very nice. Buildcrafting feels very weird to me compared to witch queen but I think that can change easily as they gently caress around with/add more mods.

Difficulty is completely out of whack. Some things are alright, the seasonal playlist seems in a good place to me. But lost sectors are monstrous, and this will be a nonissue after neomuna patrol stops being relevant but doing anything on neomuna is extremely tedious. All compounded with the fact that how dead you are apparently is directly proportional to your FPS. in many cases. The difficulty shittiness and tedium it brought with it was enough to make me uninstall with 1400+ hours of playtime so :shrug:

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Synthoceps sure do a poo poo load of damage. You know, the one in ten times I can get it to trigger.

Most of the time I feel like I try it on a boss that has friends, someone on my fireteam wipes everything out but the boss with a grenade. Then I grapple into the boss and slam into it with a sound that I assume is reminiscent of a small bird hitting a window.

Lexorin fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 19, 2023

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Hyped for Iron Banana next week. Gonna try a lot of builds before eventually settling on Jotunn toasts again. Or maybe not! I want a good Bite of the Fox.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

haveblue posted:

Yeah I have no idea what that mechanic is supposed to contribute. There’s nothing it helps you with and plenty it gets in the way of

Thats literally it. It's just supposed to make the mission more challenging like the bomb timers in the first partition.

It's probably not the most fun mechanic, but it's a bit funny and different.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oxyclean posted:

Thats literally it. It's just supposed to make the mission more challenging like the bomb timers in the first partition.

Yeah, it's just an obstacle. A really annoying one. I have no idea if the idea to contextualize it as a bumbling ally character is a brilliant decision or a terrible one.

Either way, Ghost needs way more dialogue telling him to get the gently caress out of the way.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Mile'ionaha posted:

Look, he said it was hard to steer.

I honestly wished they played up how weird it is that guardians can bodily enter the vex network.

Like, imagine this interaction when Sam dissolves part of the level:
Ghost:
"Hey, stop destroying the walkways!"
Sam:
"Is that what they look like to you? My augs are registering that I damaged some data channels, but... you treat them as literal walkways?"

Pretty much every character on Neomuna has the same awful dialogue as Nimbus, it's lame as hell.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Pretty much every character on Neomuna has the same awful dialogue as Nimbus, it's lame as hell.

I actually kinda like Nimbus, but every Neomuna citizen so far has annoyed the hell out of me.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Bungie is the kid who does their homework in the car as their mom is driving them to school, and we're the exasperated teacher who knows they could do better (Witch Queen) but is giving them a generous makeup assignment (post launch patches).

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I don’t get why ghost said Sam “looks different” at the start of the mission. We have literally never seen any of these people!!!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

MJeff posted:

I actually kinda like Nimbus, but every Neomuna citizen so far has annoyed the hell out of me.

Nimbus has a couple moments that are better, although a bunch that trigger fremdschämen. Aside from Jisu (who has his own annoying aspects as the platonic form of a "serious" media personality), the Neomuni citizens come across as very adolescent/arrested development, with the vocal mannerisms of what the writers thought was hip with all the tiktok kids these days.

I think there were ways that Nimbus could have been handled better without completely discarding their character. Some pushback from Rohan or the other characters, or just something that didn't come across as the script expecting the viewer to take the excessive glibness as normal or appropriate to the situation. Maybe, at some point after Rohan's death, having them start to make a quip but not have the heart to finish it. Anything but the rah-rah "She's got an armada," bit in the final mission.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I don’t get why ghost said Sam “looks different” at the start of the mission. We have literally never seen any of these people!!!

we interact with holographic busts (torso and head) for the patrol missions.

but Sam is piloting a big ball in the mission

ball is not bust

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

ball is not bust

tell that to whoever balanced these neomuna lls pally!!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Why is it only after I get to 7 wins that I start getting teamed up with just the most mung-brained fuckin’ chuds

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

VanillaGorilla posted:

Why is it only after I get to 7 wins that I start getting teamed up with just the most mung-brained fuckin’ chuds

That's a majority of the high end destiny players I'd assume

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

IMO, most Destiny characters that people think of as good/well-written/cool, are characters that have important connections to other characters. By all accounts everyone should hate Crow more, but he came on the scene with pre-existing relationships (Spider, Osiris) and then developed even more (Saladin, Caital, Amanda, etc). Caital would be cool in a vacuum, sure, but she's much cooler because she has an impact on the Vanguard and has a new perspective on villains that we knew in the past.

Nimbus & the other Neomuna cast were done dirty because of how Destiny storytelling only focuses on three to six characters at a time. If Nimbus got to interact with other folks from the story more, more people would like them.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's funny you say that because earlier I was kind of thinking my favorite Nimbus moment was when he talks about messing with Osiris by calling stand the "green stringy thing" (or whatever) - in general, I kind of like the dynamic between those two, and having them bond over loss was not bad either.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
I tried the godmode cheese to get the Master version of this week's story mission done. Without needing to care about my life, it took about 12 minutes to get to where I could be invincible, and about 35 to finish the mission. It's a brutal combination of arguably four of the most dangerous enemies in the game (Hydras, Overload Minotaurs, Wyverns, and Tormentors) that take way too long to kill even if you don't miss shots or make mistakes due to being mortal, with all three champion types. If you bring something like a glaive or sword you're consigning yourself to suicide if you end up point blank against any of them.

You can also, at the finish line, get stuck in the ceiling on the floor below the vent floor, or the vent floor itself. I got lucky and could get out of being stuck in the top floor ceiling, but the lower floor one I was permanently stuck - someone else on the fireteam got to the finish line.

I'm not tremendously under light, I'm at 1820, the light level it caps you at, and I was doing close to nothing to a lot of the adds.

With all that being said, I think the real clincher for why all of this content feels so out of wack is that we can't measure up to it at light parity. The 5-under and 10-under experiment from last season was workable, but 15-20 forced under hasn't been experienced outside of a GM, and GMs are 25 under this season. Prior legend/master content was geared to players who could match the light level.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I don’t think I’d find Nimbus as annoying if the structure of there only ever being two Cloudstriders made any sense.

You wouldn’t even really need to introduce more of the others. It would make sense that they would stick our new in town character with the rookie while the oldest one works with Osiris and the rest are active defending the city.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sestze posted:

You can also, at the finish line, get stuck in the ceiling on the floor below the vent floor, or the vent floor itself. I got lucky and could get out of being stuck in the top floor ceiling, but the lower floor one I was permanently stuck - someone else on the fireteam got to the finish line.

:lol: i had this happen to me on a campaign replay.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

sunday at work posted:

I don’t think I’d find Nimbus as annoying if the structure of there only ever being two Cloudstriders made any sense.

You wouldn’t even really need to introduce more of the others. It would make sense that they would stick our new in town character with the rookie while the oldest one works with Osiris and the rest are active defending the city.

I’d assume that there other Cloudstriders out there and but our contacts are Rohan and Nimbus

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 20, 2023

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I thought the entire thing is that the others are dead, Nimbus is the sole remaining current Coudstrider

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Sestze posted:

I tried the godmode cheese to get the Master version of this week's story mission done. Without needing to care about my life, it took about 12 minutes to get to where I could be invincible, and about 35 to finish the mission. It's a brutal combination of arguably four of the most dangerous enemies in the game (Hydras, Overload Minotaurs, Wyverns, and Tormentors) that take way too long to kill even if you don't miss shots or make mistakes due to being mortal, with all three champion types. If you bring something like a glaive or sword you're consigning yourself to suicide if you end up point blank against any of them.

The Wyvern 1-hit kill machine gun shots are much nicer when invincible, but yeah this week sucked on master.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Is there any lore about what happens when the Cloudstriders die before the whole 10 year thing? If they set up the system under the assumption that they will never fail in their duty then it's a failure and Neptune/Neomuna can perish.

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I thought the entire thing is that the others are dead, Nimbus is the sole remaining current Coudstrider

Correct, there's only 2 Cloudstriders at once, a paired Master and Apprentice duo, Nimbus being the current apprentice during Lightfall. So eventually we'll presumably get a plot about picking a new one, or Nimbus getting a Ghost, or them doing the Cloudstrider thing to Osiris b/c he's not a Guardian anymore or something.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
The gently caress are the rest of them doing, hanging out at their fully sick skatepark?

I thought there was generally just 2 at a time, master & apprentice style.

e]woops shoulda refreshed

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

life_source posted:

Is there any lore about what happens when the Cloudstriders die before the whole 10 year thing? If they set up the system under the assumption that they will never fail in their duty then it's a failure and Neptune/Neomuna can perish.

Its implied Rohan is the first to "die" without reaching the expiration date, possibly being the only one to not die from reaching their eol date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I skimmed some lore books and I think there was a point where they tried to do more the two at one point but it kind of went wrong? Or I might be mixing it up with them having a program that helps pick out who would make for a good candidate to be the next cloud strider.

life_source posted:

I thought some of the lore books implied some died before their time, but none of the lore explores it too deeply IIRC. Cloudstriders up till now have probably mostly existed as "keep the Vex in check," except the time they went to check out what was happening on Earth post collapse.

I'm more curious what would happen if both got wiped out at the same time. I guess pick two kids from the candidate program?