Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

I'm not crying your crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That's fuckin awesome

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

absolute unit, i always knew it

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Love when I carry a team a new lights in dares only to get an ant eater right when the boss dies, get no loot or commendations. Especially after struggling to do one lost sector for almost an hour because somehow those are loving GM level now.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Kith posted:

To summarize what everyone else said:

The game is good. The campaign is not.

Honestly yeah, this is the big take away. The season has been rad. A lot of changes have been rad. The game is rad. There are definitely some issues, but there always is, but the real issue is the campaign fell flat for a whole lotta people.

I think it didn't really hit me because honestly I sped through to unlock Strand and all the bobbits, and then called it good. I can dig that people have some issues with the story and campaign, totally fair. But game is fun.

To add in with the extra difficulty I like they're bumping primary damage mid-season. That will go a good way to helping it feel like you aren't using pea-shooters, and ultimately smooth the curve of damage/health. It was also pretty inevitable, just happening sooner than I figured.

I have my own gripes with the game, but nothing I don't expect to be addressed. Some of them are fun to think about tho.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

sweet jesus, and they want you to do this every week for more catalysts?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Reiterpallasch posted:

sweet jesus, and they want you to do this every week for more catalysts?

Congrats!

It's honestly the hardest PvE Content in the game. I think Duo might be the easiest way to go, because a death isn't a wipe, and you don't have the insane number of adds and ungodly Boss HP from a trio

It's bizarre that this is supposed to be comparable to Legendary Seraph Shield?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Legendary Seraph Shield was a leisurely stroll (apart from a couple sweaty boss fights) in an interesting venue. The vexcalibur mission was an experience I have no plans to repeat. Got all the way to the final phase of the boss, died in the final phase panic room, was reset back to the start of the encounter. Took a few minutes as break, ruminated a bit. "gently caress this, nothing about this is fun" and back to orbit. Shame I won't get the latest gimmick exotic but I can live without it. Even if I got it, repeating that mission to do all the catalyst stuff is a "hell no".

What a non-fun slog.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

DancingShade posted:

Legendary Seraph Shield was a leisurely stroll (apart from a couple sweaty boss fights) in an interesting venue. The vexcalibur mission was an experience I have no plans to repeat. Got all the way to the final phase of the boss, died in the final phase panic room, was reset back to the start of the encounter. Took a few minutes as break, ruminated a bit. "gently caress this, nothing about this is fun" and back to orbit. Shame I won't get the latest gimmick exotic but I can live without it. Even if I got it, repeating that mission to do all the catalyst stuff is a "hell no".

What a non-fun slog.

I died 4 or 5 times to the second phase of that boss not clearing the two vex canons fast enough. Died once last phase then finally cleared it. Not gonna do legendary for the catalyst because it would be painful.

No checkpoint sucks for that mission.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Congrats!

It's honestly the hardest PvE Content in the game. I think Duo might be the easiest way to go, because a death isn't a wipe, and you don't have the insane number of adds and ungodly Boss HP from a trio

It's bizarre that this is supposed to be comparable to Legendary Seraph Shield?

Yeah duo was comparably chill.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i had a pretty easy time with solo legendary avalon once i realized i needed to prioritize wyverns. i was very nearly flawless in my most recent run, but died once to an easily preventable mistake: not prioritizing wyverns and getting (literally) kicked out of the safe zone.

e: i was too busy setting up my dumb-rear end music to actually press the correct button to make it legendary so it was actually a normal mode run. i am very smart.

Kith fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 20, 2023

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

is the grave robber catalyst available for vexcalibur yet? it's the only one I really want so I'm waiting til then to do my legendary run

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

arsenicCatnip posted:

is the grave robber catalyst available for vexcalibur yet? it's the only one I really want so I'm waiting til then to do my legendary run

I believe I read here that you can’t just let them stack and knock out one legendary run for all of them so you best get going.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Grave robber is available, but I honestly have no idea how the unlock works at this point. I did my first run of legendary this week and got it, not the first catalyst from last week. But like I said the other day, my glaive unlock is bugged all to gently caress because I cannot unlock the other perks even though I did the mission "correctly" for those when they were released. It's annoying, but I really only wanted them for the handling and shield duration buffs but I'm happy just being able to not have to do that long rear end reload so long as I'm getting melee kills.

Haven't seen bungie mention it at all, so I'll just try it all again after weekly reset and see what happens I guess.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

i had a pretty easy time with solo legendary avalon once i realized i needed to prioritize wyverns. i was very nearly flawless in my most recent run, but died once to an easily preventable mistake: not prioritizing wyverns and getting (literally) kicked out of the safe zone.

This appears to be a Normal Mode difficulty run! Just to double check, have you noticed that the difficulty is selectable when you launch it?

The catalysts, some cosmetics, and the season title are locked behind Legendary runs

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
This week's Partition mission has got to be one of the worst missions I've ever played in the history of this game, saved only by the fact that at least it's fairly easy. The gently caress was Bungie thinking on this one?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pirate Jet posted:

This week's Partition mission has got to be one of the worst missions I've ever played in the history of this game, saved only by the fact that at least it's fairly easy. The gently caress was Bungie thinking on this one?

Everything about it had my jaw on the floor. Especially how the Bouncy Ball will suddenly be nowhere to be found when you need to chuck a rubiks cube at him

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This appears to be a Normal Mode difficulty run! Just to double check, have you noticed that the difficulty is selectable when you launch it?

The catalysts, some cosmetics, and the season title are locked behind Legendary runs

oh my loving god it was

shame forever

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just to make it extra complicated, the base difficulty for the activity is named with the activity name (“NODE.OVRD.AVALON”) instead of Hero for whatever reason. Nothing else in the game does that so I also didn’t realize it was a difficulty picker at first

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Everything about it had my jaw on the floor. Especially how the Bouncy Ball will suddenly be nowhere to be found when you need to chuck a rubiks cube at him

guys he moves on a set track lol

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

just stay ahead of or behind him and only pass through in an emergency, like the big spinning wall in the Headlong mission.

except unlike that he will even bounce some of the red bars to death for you

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Anyone who says he moves on a set track or anything is a big liar, the ball is always right behind you at the worst possible time.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

One last Trials match. If I don't get even a doo-doo unusable 0/5 straight rear end roll of that loving smg I wont use then I will put myself in the destiny content vault. the ball is in your court bungie....

EDIT: Went 0/5 and got nothing. I am using psychic powers to kill every idiot on reddit who whined about SBMM and every card resetting corpsefucking degenerate

arsenicCatnip fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 20, 2023

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:woop: BUNKER DAY :woop:

https://twitter.com/d2lostsector/status/1637861590241271827?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not legs or arms, pass.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not legs or arms, pass.

Send em to the Post Master, open em on the leg or arm day!

Although in my opinion Bunker is not a good day for farming since it takes a long time compared to the DC, EDZ and Nessus ones in the rotation this season. The robot friends will make for nice easy 10 minute flawless runs if you need the triumph still!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Send em to the Post Master, open em on the leg or arm day!

Although in my opinion Bunker is not a good day for farming since it takes a long time compared to the DC, EDZ and Nessus ones in the rotation this season. The robot friends will make for nice easy 10 minute flawless runs if you need the triumph still!

Rather than actually fix this, Bungie removing Umbral engrams had a side effect of making it a lot harder to pull off filling your engrams inventory. I guess when you outlevel prime engrams you can just let them sit. Currently regretting turning in all my old umbrals.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
You can still stack Eververse engrams in there.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bandire posted:

Rather than actually fix this, Bungie removing Umbral engrams had a side effect of making it a lot harder to pull off filling your engrams inventory. I guess when you outlevel prime engrams you can just let them sit. Currently regretting turning in all my old umbrals.

I just fill my inventory with Gambit engrams.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
There are like 30 eververse engrams in the season pass track, leave em there till you need to stuff engrams a couple times during the season.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Pirate Jet posted:

I just fill my inventory with Gambit engrams.

Does that still work? I’ve only got two or three gambygrams at drifter but I was under the impression they auto-decoded when you took them.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Does that still work? I’ve only got two or three gambygrams at drifter but I was under the impression they auto-decoded when you took them.

The world will never know because you'd have to play Gambit to find out.

That's a good point about the Eververse engrams. I don't need yet another lovely purple legacy ship.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah the Season Track Bright Engrams are a great way to fill it up. Also if you play Trials you get Engrams deposited directly into the tray still, for some reason.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What's the purpose of filling up on engrams?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Even doing three games of Trials is enough to remind me why I don’t play Trials.

It is the most dumb gently caress game design in all of Destiny and considering the ground that covers, thats pretty impressive.

The Pinnacle PVP mode at its core, relies on high skill players getting to farm low skill players.
By setting the requirement of 7 wins with no losses, it means that if you use SBMM, going to the Lighthouse would actually be a top tier achievement, but there would be far less farming of Adept rolls for the hard cores, no carries and other sub farming methods for the streamers, so that cannot stand.

As a result we have a mode where its all determined by random matchups on the same record, it’d be like if a NFL team got to the Super Bowl by beating an army reserve team, three womens teams, two high school teams and 2 rugby league teams. If you proposed this for a CCG or wargame tournament, you’d get laughed out of the industry.

The hard cores farming bad players like me will claim its an opportunity to git gud, but frankly the skill/reaction time gulfs you encounter are outside the zone of proximal development, I die too fast to even parse what happened, let along learn from the experience.

The actual fix is to make going to the Lighthouse require going 5-2 and put in strict SBMM.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

What's the purpose of filling up on engrams?

Lost sector exotic rewards are wonky in that if your engrams are full they go to the postmaster and they won’t become a proper exotic until you make space and claim there. Here’s the kicker, they will turn into whatever exotic part the day’s lost sector is. So you can (using today as an example) farm the lost sectors for exotic engrams, have them go to the postmaster, wait for a helmet/leg/arms day, then claim them when what you’re after is up.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ah ok that makes sense now.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

PVE raid is too easy, PVP raid is too hard, seasonal content is jussssssst right

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The main advantage of doing this is saving time by farming an "easy" Lost Sector and opening the engrams on the correct day. By losing the quickest way to fill your inventory with low-ish value engrams like umbrals, its harder take advantage of. Imagine spending hours doing unfun content to save a modest amount of time doing other unfun content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Spanish Manlove posted:

Ah ok that makes sense now.

It's really nice to be able to pre-earn the New Exotics on your own terms. No need to log on if you're busy on Leg Day, or you really don't want to do a specific tedious Lost Sector or whatever. And when a new season rolls around, you don't have to grind up a bunch of Artifact Power & Mods before you can comfortably handle 1830 content. You simply wait until Correct Slot Day and harvest your ripe fruits from the postmaster!

It's by far the most universally recommended 'cheese' in the game. Nobody likes grinding those lost sectors, so anything that makes it easier, faster, and more rewarding is a real good plan.

Bandire posted:

By losing the quickest way to fill your inventory with low-ish value engrams like umbrals, its harder take advantage of. Imagine spending hours doing unfun content to save a modest amount of time doing other unfun content.

It's as easy as ever, my friend! Just claim a handful of those Season Track Bright Engrams & get farming.

The benefit is also enormous. If you're one of the few 'no postmaster exotic cheese for me' holdouts, you don't know what you're missing! Using the new exotics right out of the gate for the Legendary Campaign was great fun & really helped Strand shine.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 20, 2023