Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Can't sleep and I have Friday off so my good idea for a 3 day weekend is watching the John Waters movies I haven't seen or can't recall seeing for a variety of reasons related to either age or sobriety. Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, Desperate Living and Serial Mom it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
No Serial Mom?!?!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tuesday is a public holiday so I’ve taken today (Monday) off and man that was a great decision. Called my dad, took the missus and little one for lunch, went and saw some early cherry blossom trees in the neighborhood nearby, got a chance to relax solo for a little while too. And I still have tomorrow off, feels good.

Work has become very busy and stupid, so this was very necessary.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh god I'd stopped watching and didn't realize this.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1637668568971218944

Imagine having weight on either side of this bet, and then you watch this happen.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm excited for you.

I’ve got to be honest (and I’m assuming this is sarcasm) that while I’m excited for my kiddo, I loving hate Orlando and I’m neutral at best on theme parks in general.

I am, however, very excited for Animal Kingdom because zoos are insanely fun. We’ve been watching the doc on Disney Plus to get jacked up about it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Grittybeard posted:

Imagine having weight on either side of this bet, and then you watch this happen.

This is why I don't bet on sports.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I keep seeing new things

https://twitter.com/gackted/status/1637630914732904450?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Tag yourself.

I’m “No Bone Rot”

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Is my lack of spatial awareness why I can't find the clitoris?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

kind of the same thing in reverse, at the end of the FAU-FDU game, a dude on FAU whiffed a show-off 360 dunk at the buzzer that would have pushed the score past the over

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Which one? Met Market? I wish to try this gold star frozen pizza.

Met market has it, I've also seen it at some whole foods too.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

LeeMajors posted:

Tag yourself.

I’m “No Bone Rot”

I'm the 16-year-old checking with my parents before consuming INTELLIFUCK

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve got to be honest (and I’m assuming this is sarcasm) that while I’m excited for my kiddo, I loving hate Orlando and I’m neutral at best on theme parks in general.

I am, however, very excited for Animal Kingdom because zoos are insanely fun. We’ve been watching the doc on Disney Plus to get jacked up about it.

Not to be Debbie Downer but Animal Kingdom is not a zoo. You can go the whole day and not see an animal. If you want to see animals, you have to make that happen by riding the safari and/or doing the conservation walk. They hype it up like it’s animals everywhere but it’s really not.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Go to Busch Gardens instead!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

swickles posted:

Go to Busch Gardens instead!

If you want a lot of animals, yeah.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Braksgirl posted:

Not to be Debbie Downer but Animal Kingdom is not a zoo. You can go the whole day and not see an animal. If you want to see animals, you have to make that happen by riding the safari and/or doing the conservation walk. They hype it up like it’s animals everywhere but it’s really not.

So what is actually there, then? Because the show had a billion animals.

I mean, I shouldn’t be surprised. Our plan is to do the safari but I’m assuming we will have to pay a billion dollars extra for the privilege.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 20, 2023

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

a billion dollars extra for the privilege.

No idea what the in-park upcharge differences are between land and world, but when we did a trip for our 5yo to Disneyland last year (thanks braks!) I just went into it with a yolo I'm already here and exchanged money for time at every opportunity and ate meals in the park and I ended up at about $500/day in "incidentals"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Qwijib0 posted:

No idea what the in-park upcharge differences are between land and world, but when we did a trip for our 5yo to Disneyland last year (thanks braks!) I just went into it with a yolo I'm already here and exchanged money for time at every opportunity and ate meals in the park and I ended up at about $500/day in "incidentals"

That was sort of already our plan and we’ve set aside plenty of cash for that but it’s always funny how’s there’s never a positive piece of new information about Disney trips.

It’s fine, our daughter will have a blast and it’s why we are doing it anyway, but I should’ve just yanked her out of school and gone during spring training or something.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I went to Disney a few times as a kid, and yeah my parents would just yank me out of school for a week.

It was the best. Just sitting on the airplane there and back cranking out a week's work of homework in a few hours and going through the parks during some hilariously lovely weather.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

I mean, I shouldn’t be surprised. Our plan is to do the safari but I’m assuming we will have to pay a billion dollars extra for the privilege.

Animal Kingdom was our families favorite park by far. The Safari is pretty great. Just do fast pass for it because it seems like it always has a huge wait. It shouldn't cost you anything extra.

My kids weren't very impressed with Disney so thankfully I'll probably never have to go back and they're just about past the age of giving a crap about it.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

LeeMajors posted:

The safari is an attraction that is included with the cost of admission. It’s no extra fee unless you want to skip the line and I can talk to you more about that later. There are animals at the park it’s just that you have to try to see them, it’s not like a zoo where you walk past exhibits everywhere. It’s a theme park whose theme is loosely animals, basically.

The Disney show thing is propaganda, if I’m being honest. Disney does a lot with conservation and they take care of the animals they do have, but it’s not a zoo. That’s all I mean. But the safari ride is great and I highly recommend it.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have never been to a concert or amusement park. And my first time on any beach was in my 20s. Parents did not believe in fun.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Pron on VHS posted:

I have never been to a concert or amusement park. And my first time on any beach was in my 20s. Parents did not believe in fun.

That’s really sad, actually. I’m sorry.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pron on VHS posted:

You should do both as they are great experiences.

I live in the middle of loving nowhere so as a child I never got to experience those things as well and I feel like I missed out on a lot so I've been trying to take my kids on as many adventures as possible.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

It's never too late to do these things. Treat your inner child!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

Never going to any sort of concert is the wildest thing to me.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Pron on VHS posted:

I am begging you, for your own sake, to please go to a 9:30 Club or Black Cat show

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

*You have become addicted to Jet*
*You have become addicted to Psycho*
*You have become addicted to Mentats*
*You have become addicted to Buffout*
*You have become addicted to Bone Rot*

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

wandler20 posted:

I live in the middle of loving nowhere so as a child I never got to experience those things as well and I feel like I missed out on a lot so I've been trying to take my kids on as many adventures as possible.

We only went on vacations as a kid because my mom planned them. My dad would have been happy to never go anywhere.

We do try to give our kids as many fun experiences as we can. They’re probably a bit spoiled to be honest, but I’m glad we can do that for them.

The youngest and I are going to Atlanta to see Taylor Swift and that will be her first real concert. We’re pretty excited about that. The oldest’s first concert was Weird Al which was fun too. I think the boy has no interest in concerts which I kind of don’t get but whatever.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
We didn't really go on vacations as kids because we couldn't afford to. We had two short stays at Disney when I was in middle and high school, but aside from Epcot I didn't really enjoy it (probably didn't help that I had a broken arm both times).

I'm terrible at taking vacations and taking time off. Haven't gone on one that wasn't just to the UP to visit my girlfriend's family in over 10 years now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We went on road trip type vacations when I was a kid, but these were always crucially summer vacations to places where it was hot as hell. Which made this self defeating for my poor parents.

Something about our old rear end car's A/C system got into my sinuses and gave me a headache every time they tried to use it. But if you turned it off I was miserable right along with them and complaining about being subjected to sitting in a 95 degree car. I wouldn't have blamed them if they just stopped taking me places at any point, which eventually they did when I got old enough. Luckily they had some time together after that point where they could just go hang out and leave me alone back home.

I would have loved to go on ski trips or something like that, but winter trips were not on the schedule in my family for whatever reason.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/ThomasAwful/status/1637431556527497216

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

wandler20 posted:

Yeah I make a big effort to take my toddler to restaurants and parks. He’s already been to the beach. My parents were/are poor and any spare money for a vacation got out towards a trip to India which weren’t that fun for me because my cousins were assholes always made fun of me being American and for not knowing how to bowl a cricket ball or whatever the gently caress those losers do for sport down there

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I had to look at the replies

https://twitter.com/nicksidious/status/1637468628449738754?s=20

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah I make a big effort to take my toddler to restaurants and parks. He’s already been to the beach. My parents were/are poor and any spare money for a vacation got out towards a trip to India which weren’t that fun for me because my cousins were assholes always made fun of me being American and for not knowing how to bowl a cricket ball or whatever the gently caress those losers do for sport down there

Whoa, they might be assholes, but no need for Cricket to be catching strays here.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I was lucky that my dad was a high school assistant principal, and my mom really only worked part-time as a substitute teacher, so both my parents had summers off. We usually took 2 week road trips with our pop-up camper during the summer. Alternating winters were road trips to see my grandparents outside of Tampa. We literally saw the USA in our Chevrolet.

I'm sure I was annoying as hell because my allergies always kicked in around the beginning of August when we were on road trips, but there were still a lot of great times had.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Pron on VHS posted:

Challenge them to a wrestling match now, show them who’s boss

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Concerts are not nearly as fun now as they were in my youth

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Concerts are Everything is not nearly as fun now as they were in my youth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I got to see Unwound recently and it was one of the best shows I've been to. Have a ton of others coming up gonna own.