Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Toxic Mental posted:

I mean the pizza looks fine, but there's no way those knife cuts go anywhere near deep enough to actually pull slices from it without serious manhandling, and then the crepe paper steam bag is like... uhhhhh

The serial killer pizza cut.

A pizza cutter? That'd be too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

i moved to no gluten, or at least having to avoid it as much as possible.

so that leaves me with no gluten cauliflower crust pizza. It's passable, have to think of it more like pizza on crackers

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Being lactose intolerant, I've been trying to find a good cheese substitute. None of them can brown as well as mozzarella, though. Don't stretch as well either.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

its all nice on rice posted:

Being lactose intolerant, I've been trying to find a good cheese substitute. None of them can brown as well as mozzarella, though. Don't stretch as well either.

There’s lactose free mozzarella. I had some in Italy, it was amazing.

You can try to find it in the link below. You have to scroll a bit through the product list to find tbs 16oz lactose free mozzarella

https://galbanicheese.com/our-cheeses/dairy-aisle-cheeses-mozzarella/lactose-free-mozzarella

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The problem with cauliflower or broccoli crust isn't just that it can't replicate everything great about a normal crust. It's that actually bread is just really great and your body on like a chemical level sure likes getting a big slab of carbohydrate to turn into energy, that's what it tells your brain to be hungry for. And it just won't be as satisfying.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Pinche Rudo posted:

There’s lactose free mozzarella. I had some in Italy, it was amazing.

You can try to find it in the link below. You have to scroll a bit through the product list to find tbs 16oz lactose free mozzarella

https://galbanicheese.com/our-cheeses/dairy-aisle-cheeses-mozzarella/lactose-free-mozzarella

I thank you greatly.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

GateOfD posted:

i moved to no gluten, or at least having to avoid it as much as possible.

so that leaves me with no gluten cauliflower crust pizza. It's passable, have to think of it more like pizza on crackers

The Costco cauliflower crust pizza is excellent

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cmbtc1-LYss/?hl=en

To be fair, that tortilla-hashbrown thing isn't technically trying to be a pizza, the maker was trying to do something like a breakfast taco. He called it a "poeppleza", which only makes things more confusing.

Here's bad pizzas that will actually embed.

https://twitter.com/hedlike_a_hole/status/1635814224403353603

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/d0SPa1l.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/0Ok61AG.mp4

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

this is friggin awesome

what was the actual plan here?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Please don't give my pizza a pearl necklace glaze.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Roundup Ready posted:

this is friggin awesome

I think that WAS the plan

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Toxic Mental posted:

I think that WAS the plan

Mission accomplished then I guess? :shrug:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Roundup Ready posted:

I’ve watched this way too many times to try to understand and nothing I can come up with makes any sense.

Also lol at dirty rear end kitchen feet on a counter that serves food. Nice going champ, whatever your intention was.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

The symbol for that currency better mean they exchange money via some kind of energy transfer where they just hold their hands palm to palm a few inches apart and buy stuff.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Roundup Ready posted:

Delivering the Pizza's Elbow? :thunk:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Maybe he was trying to jump down but it just went horribly wrong.

Feels cool to jump on top of a counter, slowly stepping down feels less cool.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Luigi Primo fan

Only registered members can see post attachments!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

it would be cool to have this guy fight in front of an audience of actual Italians. lots of crowd reaction shots.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

uber_stoat posted:

it would be cool to have this guy fight in front of an audience of actual Italians. lots of crowd reaction shots.

He strides into the ring, filled with pride, and the crowd of Italians begins to taunt him. With an expression of rage, contempt, and triumph, he pulls out a 5 pound box of spaghetti noodles from his singlet. He grabs the pasta in both hands, raises it above his head, then slams the spaghetti down across his knee in an Atomic Pasta Suplex! He hurls the broken pasta into the stunned crowd, which bursts into screams of unbelieving horror. IT’S ON!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
mmm even if thats them at the start of the bake, touching a hot rack with just a handkerchief is pretty hardcore.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I’m the conjoined twins

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I don't understand how America went crazy for pizza in this era. Especially if "most pizzas forget about cheese altogether"

Ooooo, bread with some sauce on it! Just like at that eye-talian restaurant we ventured to last week!

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

These vintage ads are fascinating in a rubbernecking-a-car-crash kind of way. I'd be curious to find some photos of 1950s-era restaurant pizza to see how it compares.

"Lots" doing some extremely heavy lifting in the description of the cheese there

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Data Graham posted:

I don't understand how America went crazy for pizza in this era. Especially if "most pizzas forget about cheese altogether"

Ooooo, bread with some sauce on it! Just like at that eye-talian restaurant we ventured to last week!

Maybe all other food was even worse. I'm not familiar with 50s cuisine, but 70s food is famously nightmarish.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Data Graham posted:

I assumed it meant other kits expected you to byo cheese but I'm not sure.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

spaceblancmange posted:

That’s how I parsed it as well.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Porfiriato posted:

These vintage ads are fascinating in a rubbernecking-a-car-crash kind of way. I'd be curious to find some photos of 1950s-era restaurant pizza to see how it compares.

"Lots" doing some extremely heavy lifting in the description of the cheese there

It's the Doobie method of marketing

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Going to bring a hot'n'ready back to the 50s and blow everyone's loving mind!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

lobsterminator posted:

Maybe all other food was even worse. I'm not familiar with 50s cuisine, but 70s food is famously nightmarish.

AFAIK, it wasn't that much different from what you saw in the 70s, even the jello salads were around back then if less prevalent. Fresh veggies and fruit tended to be limited compared to how much you could get after transportation and storage got improved later, but you could more or less still get plenty in the food producing areas for relatively cheap. Though if you had your own fruit trees or berry bushes in your yards, gardens, or plot, you could still count on those.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

spaceblancmange posted:

That occurred to me as well, but how hard up for convenience were they in the 50s that that tiny sprinkle of boxed Parmesan looked like a better way to go than grating some actual fresh cheese from the cheese section

It's the Space Age! You shouldn't have to grate slimy mozzarella with your hands like they do in Red Russia! Use our Chef Boy-Ar-Dee freeze-dried PACK-O-CHEEZ™ today! ONLY ONE BOX TO BUY

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 20, 2023

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Opinions on Swedish pizza?

zone
Dec 6, 2016
halved boiled potatoes :suicide:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That looks more edible than a lot of what's posted here but it's still a pizza crime.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

lobsterminator posted:

Opinions on Swedish pizza?

I would burst into the kitchen to yell at whatever muppet could make such a thing

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Swede-zza is a foundational example of our subject matter. at the genesis of the very first bad pizza thread, Swedish pizza was there waiting.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I'm more confused by the 1/2 strawberry just kind of there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Strawberry and potato are a famous pairing