Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enrico la Spaniard
Dec 15, 2021

mbt posted:

probably not, it gets merged when it gets reviewed and I don't think its made it that far. you can download that from its page directly (account probably needed)
https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/claims/andothren-tg-questline

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

mbt posted:

I always lmao at idiot tes5 projects that keep everything under lock and key afraid to kill the hype. Then the project dies and there's nothing to show for it

is this in reference to anything specific i can laugh at

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Sounds like... was it team Gizka that were working on a KOTOR 2 mod forever then fell apart and the Sith Lords Restoration Project immediately showed them up?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Proletarian Mango posted:

is this in reference to anything specific i can laugh at

beyond skyrim has like 6 teams doing 6 different provinces with nothing to show for it, skyblivion/skywind are in similar development hell

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Sounds like... was it team Gizka that were working on a KOTOR 2 mod forever then fell apart and the Sith Lords Restoration Project immediately showed them up?

Yup lol, that's a blast from the past.

The other Skyrim one that comes to mind is Tatterdemalion, the weird deep lore moon based one that MK was doing some work for

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Tatterdemalion was a bunch of idea guys producing a lot of ideas and not much else

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dragomorph posted:

Oh. Oh. Oh this is a joke that's aged like fine milk.

Oh yeah, I also went and got that mace, because I needed another artifact to get the blade piece for Trueflame. When I saw the name, "Kyanka", I wondered if it was referencing Lowtax, and thought to ask, but I thought maybe it was just a coincidence. Re-reading the description, though...

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I think the forum lore is the person that made cliff racers was a goon? Maybe misremembering

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

kazr posted:

I think the forum lore is the person that made cliff racers was a goon? Maybe misremembering

Yes, it was Hayt

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

kazr posted:

well that tracks

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Node posted:

Yes, it was Hayt
More like Hate, right???

Also, I thought ropekid was the elder scrolls goon.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Slugworth posted:

More like Hate, right???

Also, I thought ropekid was the elder scrolls goon.

Ropekid is JE Sawyer of Black Isle / Obsidian

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doing Temple quests in Andothren and lmao at the rear end in a top hat priest who got mad at me for not killing an orc and then gave me a copy of The Pig Children as a quest reward.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

mbt posted:

beyond skyrim has like 6 teams doing 6 different provinces with nothing to show for it, skyblivion/skywind are in similar development hell

I'm sorry to ask and put you on the spot, but is there any Elder Scrolls project you aren't pessimistic about, save for Tamriel Rebuilt?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Node posted:

I'm sorry to ask and put you on the spot, but is there any Elder Scrolls project you aren't pessimistic about, save for Tamriel Rebuilt?

He's extremely excited for TES6 and the new ESO expansion

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks to mbt for pointing out you can just download in progress poo poo from the TR site. Played through the Andothren Thieves Guild stuff and I am impressed again by how smoothly TR stuff slots into Morrowind and does stuff the base game never did while not feeling like a capital m Mod. Also just a big fan of the very evocative writing in general; the work to build up the setting has consistently been my favorite part of TR, making it feel lived in and stuff.

Also I finished the last Firewatch Thieves quest by chugging multiple invisibility potions and was very amused when I found out what the "intended" solution was.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Node posted:

Skyrim home of the Nords is great, project cyrodiil is slowly getting better. It's easy to be pessimistic because it's all vaporware until you actually release. None of those skyrim projects released except for a single town from beyond skyrim years ago

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Been hanging around the OpenMW Discord because I tend not to drop out of Discords and this one guy has been, uh...

Well, just check out the website in the guy's profile.

:psyduck:

Bonus:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Dragomorph posted:

Been hanging around the OpenMW Discord because I tend not to drop out of Discords and this one guy has been, uh...

Bonus:

I've not seen an old school internet kook for like a decade, Telvanni would hate him.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Speaking of OpenMW, I got it to work on my Steam Deck. Text entry is VERY frustrating if you're not using a mouse and keyboard. Otherwise, it's fine and works alright after you figure out the button mapping and adjust the joystick sensitivity to your liking.

Mouse and keyboard is 100% the way to go if you can though.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Dragomorph posted:

Bonus:

This dude seems cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dragomorph posted:

Bonus:

This guy owns

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Man's played so much morrowind he's achieved CHIM.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
He will never achieve Amaranth.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
He needs to get on the level of the guy who turned beyond skyrim's Facebook page into his personal schizophrenia journal

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
Morrowind for TempleOS.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What are Redoran-Indoril relations like, (Tamriel Rebuilt) canonically? As far as I can tell none of their lands border each other, and I haven't found any books or anything that hint at it. They share a common enemy in the Hlaalu and they're both big into the Temple but I'd like to know more for mental RP purposes.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

What are Redoran-Indoril relations like, (Tamriel Rebuilt) canonically? As far as I can tell none of their lands border each other, and I haven't found any books or anything that hint at it. They share a common enemy in the Hlaalu and they're both big into the Temple but I'd like to know more for mental RP purposes.

Pasting from the lore people

They do get along-ish. The redoran would come to the aid of the Indoril if called upon (outside of house wars) - such as helping bolster temple ordinators who are headquartered in almalexia and honestly are probably mostly Indoril anyways. All houses minus the telvanni are big on the tribunal temple including the Hlaalu, so the temple point is kind of not a big factor. But yeah ghost gate and ald ruhn are a somewhat (albeit - cloudy) way to see the redoran and Indoril working together

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I feel like you kind of have to put up with House Indoril unless you want to really kick off something massive and potentially deadly, the equivalent would be like... a medieval European ruler defying the Vatican

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I feel like you kind of have to put up with House Indoril unless you want to really kick off something massive and potentially deadly, the equivalent would be like... a medieval European ruler defying the Vatican

There's no mainland in Marrowind Core because of a Great Schism both metaphorical and literal.

Enrico la Spaniard
Dec 15, 2021

FactsAreUseless posted:

Doing Temple quests in Andothren and lmao at the rear end in a top hat priest who got mad at me for not killing an orc and then gave me a copy of The Pig Children as a quest reward.

Love that guy, he's like a prosperity gospel con artist, except for ALMSIVI.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Haven't played since like 1978, or whenever it came out, decided to download it on steam and try modding. I followed the directions to install it through steam to C:/Morrowind, but when I try to install MGE XE to that folder, it gives me an error that it must be installed to the Morrowind directory.

Turns out when I installed through steam, it put the Morrowind executable in c:/Morrowind/steamapps/common/Morrowind. Do I just install MGE XE to that folder, or do I need to somehow force steam to put the executable in c:/Morrowind?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I've literally never had the problem of Windows preventing Morrowind files from being installed in program files. Just use your steam location rather than loving around trying to prevent a problem you might not even face.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I think the issue is Windows treats things in Program Files differently that Morrowind doesn't like so that should be fine

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I haven't missed a TR grass update anywhere, right? No one's done one yet? Near Helnim now I have a ton of floating grass rocks suspended in the air in the shape of the old landscape and--okay it's Telvanni territory it's actually pretty cool and on-brand but I haven't seen any TR grass updates on the Nexus has anyone put any in like a discord and not on the nexus yet?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I've literally never had the problem of Windows preventing Morrowind files from being installed in program files. Just use your steam location rather than loving around trying to prevent a problem you might not even face.

Just make your steam location something other than Program Files, that's just a bad place for it in general and can affect other games than just Morrowind.

I've had a C:\Games folder for decades at this point and will never understand why anyone would do it differently (except I guess if you just don't change from default paths when installing (which you should do)).

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Cool, thanks. I think I got everything installed last night, but was afraid to test it out before bed, so I'm leaving tonight after work as my designated time to get pissed off at inscrutable errors and crashes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Enrico la Spaniard posted:

Love that guy, he's like a prosperity gospel con artist, except for ALMSIVI.
He got pissed at me for spending money on food for the poor because we don't have the budget for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FlocksOfMice posted:

I haven't missed a TR grass update anywhere, right? No one's done one yet? Near Helnim now I have a ton of floating grass rocks suspended in the air in the shape of the old landscape and--okay it's Telvanni territory it's actually pretty cool and on-brand but I haven't seen any TR grass updates on the Nexus has anyone put any in like a discord and not on the nexus yet?

grass mods are for squares