Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Putin coming across as rather uncomfortable there.

Or perhaps his guts were just really playing up at that moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lmfao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
did not see it coming that Biden could do more damage than Trump to the US's geopolitical standing.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The same Germans who laughed at Trump when he said their dependence on Russian gas was a weakness would still turn their noses up at him.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Pistol_Pete posted:

Putin coming across as rather uncomfortable there.

Or perhaps his guts were just really playing up at that moment.

Pamp status: pooped

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Freezer posted:

did not see it coming that Biden could do more damage than Trump to the US's geopolitical standing.

It's really something. Seymour Hersh said military and intelligence people were despairing over the Nordstream plan and have been writing him in support since his report came out. I'm very curious about the decision making going on in the Biden Administration, particularly since the man himself can't draw a clock after 4pm.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

"US warns against ceasefire in Ukraine" is such a funny headline for everyone to be eating up

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Freezer posted:

Yeah I really hate Trump with a passion for few years, up to around 2020, when I realized DEM presidents are probably more reckless in international geopolitics. DEM IMO have this special thought process that dodge the responsibilities of the mayhems and suffering they causse themselves just because they do things out of """good intensions""" based entirely on their own value matrix.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Donrf posted:

I didn't believe it. Found the website of the veterans of the academy - this is it. Schizo. Untreatable. For the Reds but against the Bolsheviks.
(from t.me/donrf22/17629, via tgsa)

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Freezer posted:

Just imagine the damage Hillary could've done.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lost and confused no one has any idea what you are posting !!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

she just wanted to kill everyone in syria, is that too much to ask?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

lost and confused no one has any idea what you are posting !!

It says right there, it's a screenshot of the website for veterans of a soviet military academy that support Ukraine.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why is that interesting or important ?? what is the context ??

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Freezer posted:

You can pretty much put this whole deal back to Hillary and Lavrov posing with that stupid reset button

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Orange Devil posted:

Probably like Falklands War but 5x the scale. So start a war with China or Russia already.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I imagine the reset they were hoping for would be a return to a fully captured Russia led by a drunk traitor?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Weka posted:

The same Germans who laughed at Trump when he said their dependence on Russian gas was a weakness would still turn their noses up at him.

that poo poo was wild. the German mind is inscrutable.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

Ukrainian government claims that Bandera is the father of their nation.

Bandera was an anti bolshevik.

Bolshevism was synonymous with communism at the time.

I think this military academy might actually be in Moscow.

It shows just how contradictory some opinions are about this war.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Xi has ordered a shitload of KFC

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1637842582486110208

https://twitter.com/francisjfarrell/status/1637786379991101447

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

euphronius posted:

its from a former military institute in kiev, named for famed soviet general mikhail frunze

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh kiev? First google result was for the one in moscow lol.

Guess Frunze was that popular.

The ukrainian flag also has the rewritten lyrics of Holy/Sacred War on it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
thats a sorry excuse for a table that putin treated xi jinping to

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

China already proposed something and USA rejected it.

It's all for show.

Yea, America and it's people want war, not peace, and we always get what we want.

Frosted Flake posted:

I don’t know if they have it in the states, but Lamb’s Navy Rum is the closest to the old ration, from what I’ve been told.

US navy is boring and we don't have booze rations, which sucks because being underway would suck alot less with a booze rations.

It's also tradition, damnit.

Turtle Sandbox has issued a correction as of 16:56 on Mar 20, 2023

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Lostconfused posted:

Oh kiev? First google result was for the one in moscow lol.

Guess Frunze was that popular.

The ukrainian flag also has the rewritten lyrics of Holy/Sacred War on it.

yeah the russian military school named for frunze is still open and in moscow, the first word in the banner image up above the ukrainian flag is киевское. i found the website as well, it is here: http://www.kvoku.org/.

i guess another example of how muddled and mixed up this war is is that parts of this website are in russian and parts are in ukrainian. i'd have to guess the ukrainian stuff is newer and because of the war.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Anyway, back on the subject of the Spring Offensive, I could see both nationalists on both sides being unhappy with the result.

From Russian movements around Bakhmut/Adviivka, it seems pretty evident they are looking to hammer down some of the last strong points on the Ukrainian defensive line, consolidate positions over the heights over both areas and then probably look to push Westward with perhaps a strong push in the south and also a push toward Liman. I would say in general this offensive would be a lot more limited in size than many would hope for in Russia, and I don't think it would knock the AFU out of the war. However, if the Russians can consolidate control over the Dniper, it does put them in a pretty decent position to then re-shift their focus to northern Ukraine at which point I think Ukraine's ability to defend itself is going to get weaker over time.

Btw as far as deep battle goes, I don't think it is an intrinsic Russian/Soviet thing but it made the most sense during the Second World War and the Cold War as the Soviets were or would be on a clock. I don't think it applies here and even if the Russians start pushing it is going to be to maximize force perservation and to only move into areas that are already softened up. The Russians will likely take advantage of the weather but it is still going to be pretty incremental.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

US navy is boring and we don't have booze rations, which sucks because being underway would suck alot less with a booze rations.

It's also tradition, damnit.

Aren't sailors paid off in chili mac and Taco Tuesdays?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

good answer tbh, SBU don't mess around

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Truga posted:

los kolorados ftw

While those guys are nice, but it seems like it's this cover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmVpXcW0TU

And they're from Kharkiv?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/altgatte/status/1637789520891461632?s=46&t=Lil8vLMPVkfPh80ODFeUGg

lmao Ukraine ftw

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
yikes but also on brand

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

slava ukrani

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ukraine/russia war: i condemn lynchings, but they are justified in 90% of them

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ukraineflagaccount.txt

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
just an amazing culture, slava utini!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

lol thst person he responded to was agreeing with him and piling on with him on the original person pointing out anti African racism in Ukraine lol

https://twitter.com/altgatte/status/1637739736054870023?s=46&t=Bp5irICElavW2ekmlDCdUw

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
"USSR back in the loving 1930s : sure we aren't perfect but you lynch people" : bad, whataboutism, awful terrible society
"Modern day Ukraine : we aren't perfect, our lynchings are justified only 90% of the time" : good, progress oriented, bulwark of western civilization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
if you think about it Ukraine is allowed to be racist because they actually are better than everyone