Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i was not expecting to actually be into the edgelord dark future the first chapter promised. that poo poo sucked! but now, it's actually interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this is one of the most thorough status quo destructions I've ever seen a manga do. It's really impressive.

e: in a week or so change the thread title to My Son is Also Named Kawaki

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 19, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also it seems Part 1 of the anime comes to a close next week (though it’s still weird that they’re ending it after Boruto’s death/resurrection instead of say, the current manga arc), has there been any word yet as to how long the anime will be on hiatus for after that?

Though the new miniseries mentioned a little bit ago set during vintage Naruto is set to premiere this September at least

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I could see Eida's ruse falling apart eventually due to day to day scrutiny and weirdness, especially due to however Sarada and others react. That could definitely sow the seeds of whatever the hell happens to Konoha in the flash forward.

I'm hopeful they stick the landing for this and flesh it out in a satisfying way because it would be weird as heck if everyone literally doesn't think anything is off with Kawaki suddenly being inserted into Boruto's place in their lives. Their personalities are so different and he shouldn't have enough details of Borts history to seamlessly play the part.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Refresh my memory: this isn't the first time Sarada's no sold that power, right?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Super excited for a version of the Bleach Fullbringer Arc that hopefully doesn't suck.

I like the writers realized they couldn't top the brute force of Naruto Classic, so instead we're just going for mind-whammying power creep instead.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Refresh my memory: this isn't the first time Sarada's no sold that power, right?

She and Sumire were both immune to Eida’s charms for so far unexplained reasons back during the arc where she was temporarily living with Boruto and Kawaki so it stands to reason this stunt didn’t affect them either (which makes them one of the few allies Boruto has left at this point)

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Larryb posted:

She and Sumire were both immune to Eida’s charms for so far unexplained reasons back during the arc where she was temporarily living with Boruto and Kawaki so it stands to reason this stunt didn’t affect them either (which makes them one of the few allies Boruto has left at this point)

This is accurate, though also funny to word it as "back during the arc..." when if I'm not mistaken that lasted for about 20 minutes before Kawaki went scorched earth on the Uzamakis until we arrive in the present arc which is probably barely a few hours later.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

iamsosmrt posted:

This is accurate, though also funny to word it as "back during the arc..." when if I'm not mistaken that lasted for about 20 minutes before Kawaki went scorched earth on the Uzamakis until we arrive in the present arc which is probably barely a few hours later.

Ah yes, point still stands though. As has been stated earlier, I assume Sumire is immune due to the Senju cells her father planted in her. Not sure about Sarada but if it later turns out Sasuke wasn’t affected either then I assume the Uchiha bloodline provides a natural immunity to this kind of ability (both families are descended from Ohsutsuki after all)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 20, 2023

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sasuke features very prominently in all of those "you've switched places" images so I would be really surprised if he wasn't affected. But then again, it is Momoshiki. He's a dick and incredibly untrustworthy.

iamsosmrt posted:

I could see Eida's ruse falling apart eventually due to day to day scrutiny and weirdness, especially due to however Sarada and others react. That could definitely sow the seeds of whatever the hell happens to Konoha in the flash forward.

I'm hopeful they stick the landing for this and flesh it out in a satisfying way because it would be weird as heck if everyone literally doesn't think anything is off with Kawaki suddenly being inserted into Boruto's place in their lives. Their personalities are so different and he shouldn't have enough details of Borts history to seamlessly play the part.

I don't think Kawaki expects to keep this up indefinitely, he just needs it to work long enough for him to deal with Boruto/Momoshiki. Short term, he can explain away personality differences with "he's affected by Naruto and Hinata's deaths". Should be interesting to see how he comforts poor Himawari though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if himawari's immune, then she's in for a rough time.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

couldn't they just head to naruto's home and look at family portraits

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

a.lo posted:

I am going to bet they see Boruto as Kawaki in them.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So, how will Bort get the drugs that were suppressing Momoshiki now? He's just going to eventually get taken over and possesed.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

a.lo posted:

Eida's power let's her spy on non-mental communication lines. It's possible she actually altered all documents and photos and stuff to reflect the change.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Tree Reformat posted:

Eida's power let's her spy on non-mental communication lines. It's possible she actually altered all documents and photos and stuff to reflect the change.

let’s dna test them

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Me in February: I don’t know, I just don’t see how there’s going to be a timeskip anytime soon.
Me in March: goddamn

I’m wondering what Code’s army is all about though. Who are they going to attack? WHEN are they going to attack?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

a.lo posted:

let’s dna test them

They're more likely to come out related to each other than to Naruto due to Ootsutsukification anyway. :dogstare:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Sasuke features very prominently in all of those "you've switched places" images so I would be really surprised if he wasn't affected. But then again, it is Momoshiki. He's a dick and incredibly untrustworthy.

I don't think Kawaki expects to keep this up indefinitely, he just needs it to work long enough for him to deal with Boruto/Momoshiki. Short term, he can explain away personality differences with "he's affected by Naruto and Hinata's deaths". Should be interesting to see how he comforts poor Himawari though.

There’s been some weird stuff with Sasuke regarding his ability to see or detect Momoshiki. When Boruto first talked to Momoshiki we focused on his eyes and again on him after time resumed, suggesting he was either watching or otherwise detecting something. This was later followed up somewhat but Borute denied anything happening.
He had a few other occasions where Burrito and Momoshiki or Kawaki were doing something where we focused on his face.
It’s really not clear to me whether he’s completely taken in by this turn of events.

I kinda love how this ties back to Hagurama saying chakra was meant to connect people. Well, connection worked, unfortunately someone hacked it. Needed a Katon Wall I guess.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sasuke's Story 8 part 2

Poor, poor Zansul

Wonder if Sasuke's going to give Meno Susanoo armor to help it fight

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Sakura got to punch out a dinosaur

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The Narutoverse us the one place where a Jurassic Park or World could work without being a remote threat to the world.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if they were regenerating like proper edo tensei subjects they'd be more dangerous.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 7, 2023

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Sarada: "How did the mission go, Papa?"

Sasuke: "Good. We brought you back a pet."

Sarada: *sigh* "I know you're thinking about me but a dog is a big responsibil- Holy poo poo!"

Meno: "Graaaaah!"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3SstrFbEco

Best Bouts in Naruto

Sasuke vs Deidara
Neji vs Kidomaru
Minato vs Tobi
Guy vs Madara
Itachi vs Sasuke
Naruto vs Pain
Kakashi vs Obito
Lee vs Gaara
Sasuke vs Naruto
Sakura & Chiyo vs Sasori

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, has there been any word recently as to when the Boruto anime is coming back out of curiosity?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Best Bouts is such a funny wording.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Anyway, here's the penultimate Sasuke's Story:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/naruto-sasukes-story-the-uchiha-and-the-heavenly-stardust-manga-chapter-9/chapter/30762?action=read

Poor Meno, it would have been neat if they kept him as a family pet or something

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 8, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sasuke vs. Daidara, but no Shikimaru vs. Hidan wtf

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
"Why are you helping me?"

"You know I'm something of a war criminal myself."

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

Anyway, here's the penultimate Sasuke's Story:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/naruto-sasukes-story-the-uchiha-and-the-heavenly-stardust-manga-chapter-9/chapter/30762?action=read

Poor Meno, it would have been neat if they kept him as a family pet or something

The way Zansul was defeated got a good laugh out of me.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Glad to see Neji vs Kidomaru in the Top 10. I wish there were more fights as mechanically satisfying as that one was in shonen.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sasuke vs. Daidara, but no Shikimaru vs. Hidan wtf

Given how bullshit Shikamaru was in that fight, I'm fine with this outcome.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Shikamaru vs. Hidan was a satisfying conclusion to a fight, but the fight itself wasn't that noteworthy.

I'm okay with Sakura and Chiyo vs. Sasori winning. Sakura went hard as hell in that fight and deserves a little recognition. (And I get to feed on the salty tears of Sakura haters.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rndmnmbr posted:

I'm okay with Sakura and Chiyo vs. Sasori winning. Sakura went hard as hell in that fight and deserves a little recognition. (And I get to feed on the salty tears of Sakura haters.)

Yeah, you can do a lot of really cool things with somebody who's hyper-agile and super-strong. SHAME THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING E- anyway, glad it won.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Be sure to check out the Ultimate Ninja version of that fight cause it's sick too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhvYJLZZslM

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, you can do a lot of really cool things with somebody who's hyper-agile and super-strong. SHAME THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING E- anyway, glad it won.

The peak of that battle for me is always going to be Sakura just mowing through Sasori's puppets.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Results are in

Minato, Itachi, and Sakura take top three

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGvJeB1gd8

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
man, why the heck didn't sakura have a giant axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I do not even remember who Sakumo Hatake is to have any idea why he's in the top ten.

I also guess Shisui I don't really remember either and thought it was Tobi, but wait no there he is further down.

I guess I just don't remember much of Naruto at this point anymore.