Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Microplastics posted:

With this information, we finally know what it stands for: Totally Awesome Cool Dude
lol you’re almost exactly correct

TA == The Anonymous, because it’s very important you never reveal your identity to strangers on the internet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

To the surprise of nobody:
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1637807343885795328

:toot:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 20, 2023

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

shocked by this unprecedented turn of events

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

big scary monsters posted:

40 Foot Ed Millipede would easily have won the 2015 general election.

People ask if I'm tough enough to stand up to Putin, and I say *hissing, chittering sounds, mandibles clacking*

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tackling the important issue of stamping down on the poors
https://twitter.com/IsabelOakeshott/status/1637815308143525888

Creamfilled
May 11, 2007

???

I ended up saddled with a Patterdale terrier and she's been far better at keeping rats down than a cat ever was. No playing with them, just a quick shake and it's all over. Far more active about it too, thought I'd lost her one day only to hear her crying inside our compost bin, she'd tunnelled up and into it to kill the rats in there but couldn't dig her way out!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Owen you can throw both oakeshott and ferrari through that table.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The DUP voting "NNNNNNAAUGHHHHHWWW!"? Inconceivable!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ulster shall remain British?
No, Surrender!

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

bit late on this one but you can tell he's wrong'un because he's listed his bachelors postnominally and also his membership of errr the chartered institute of journalists (which does not require you to be a journalist), the british computer society (which will have anyone with an interest in computers) and the institute of directors (which doesn't require you to be a company director)... and then listed them all postnominally as well!

no shade on any of those organisations but basically you pay couple hundred quid to be an associate member and that's that

he's one of those people that will end up purchasing a square of land in ireland and styling themselves as the baronet of donegal etc

Rustybear fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 20, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I just appreciate Calvin Robinson's dedication to being bald while having an afro.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Calvin Robinson, Bronze Swimming certificate (Honest), My Cat Is Jealous, Minister of Bad Christian Sophistry, Mystery Institute of Degrees

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fuctifino posted:

Tackling the important issue of stamping down on the poors
https://twitter.com/IsabelOakeshott/status/1637815308143525888
At this point Owen Jones is a useful 3rd wheel to prop up against the table while two right wing nonces debate exactly how far right the country's opinions should be.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

At this point Owen Jones is a useful 3rd wheel to prop up against the table while two right wing nonces debate exactly how far right the country's opinions should be.

Still prefer him there to three right-wing nonces debating the same topic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I enjoy how all the people who are usually like "Red China has a social credit system where you're banned from riding the bus if you don't praise Chairman Ho Chi Minh fifty times a day, I will never carry Labour's digital ID on my freedom as an Englishman!" are straight onboard with docking 'benefits' for 'anti-social behaviour'.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A social credit system is when they're subject to it, asbos are for other people. Same with all applications of the law and carceral system.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Still prefer him there to three right-wing nonces debating the same topic.
I'd argue he's worse sometimes. "Sensible journalist Isabel Oakshott argues we should burn all refugees in their tiny boats, and then use the ashes to make diamonds for the King's new hat.

And arguing against her is crazy lefty gay man Owen Jones, so you'll be frothing over with boiling piss imagining what he might say instead of listening.

I obviously remain neutral by agreeing with the opinions that sound right to me, which just happens to be Isabel because I was too angry to hear anything while Owen was speaking."

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 20, 2023

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat

Rustybear posted:

bit late on this one but you can tell he's wrong'un because he's listed his bachelors postnominally and also his membership of errr the chartered institute of journalists (which does not require you to be a journalist), the british computer society (which will have anyone with an interest in computers) and the institute of directors (which doesn't require you to be a company director)... and then listed them all postnominally as well!

no shade on any of those organisations but basically you pay couple hundred quid to be an associate member and that's that

he's one of those people that will end up purchasing a square of land in ireland and styling themselves as the baronet of donegal etc

He's certainly keen on the whole blagging thing...

https://web.archive.org/web/20090412085656/http://www.calvinrobinson.org/2009/01/calvins-got-talent#more-473

"I just spent the night backstage at ‘Britain’s Got Talent’, haha what an adventure. It’s all down to the power of social engineering, infiltration and the gift of blagging it..."

Read Calvin lie his way backstage, laughable security

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Means tested asbos.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:ssh:, Wes might hear.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Rustybear posted:

Yeah listing postnominals is pretty suspect anywhere*, but especially lol at those. I'm pretty sure I got AMBCS for free with my degree and then lost it again because I didn't pay the membership fees.

*I'll maybe allow an exception for obituaries and writing an extremely snotty official letter

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Guavanaut posted:

Megafauna would be the best outcome for post climate change brexit britain. Get rid of all those tiny encephalactic dogs and replace them with 40 foot millipedes.

Jesus Christ that millipede was real

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthropleura

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The reign of the arthropods shall begin anew

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Red Oktober posted:

Good job on the Werewolf branding! Big fan and Rich and the crew are a fun bunch. Do you still have the can designs for Highgate? I’d love to see them.

Cheers! Been overwhelmingly positive so far, both on beer and branding. The old London Brewing Co designs will be on a previous external HD somewhere, I'll see if I can find them when I get a minute.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/LilySimpson1312/status/1637702499120578560

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
What's wrong with writing qualifications post nominally?

Jaeluni BSc (Hons) MScx2 PhD PG x 3 Rabbit Highly Commended 2* canoe Grade 3 Norwegian Brownies Hostess Badge Fifth form maths prize?
(Missed a few out in the interests of space).

Mustn't forget the Hons. Doesn't everyone get Hons unless they were sick or forgot how to spell their name?

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 20, 2023

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

*inserts jpeg of scout badges after signature*

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also need to add the oxens and cants as appropriate, but none other for some reason. Always wanted one from the University of Oklahoma, so I could have U.OK (Hons) in my postnominals.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I despise anyone who uses Oxon/Cant

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Yes, don't put your cant before the oxen.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Danny Dyer is allowed to.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/electpoliticsuk/status/1637862539278049283

:toot:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

i recently took part in an online deliberative town hall meeting chaired by simon hoar (whore) and there was an MP from the DUP, SLDP and Alliance. I was pretty surprised by how detailed his ideas were about constitutional reform in NI. it would give me the laugh of the century if Rishi pulled the rug from under the DUP's feet and reformed the NI institutions so an assembly can be formed with power to nominate a depty FM passing to the third largest party (Alliance - who DUP hate arguably more than the shinners these days) loooool

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I wonder if this is an anti-Labour (in which case what spurred it?) or pro Swellin vote change?

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What's wrong with writing qualifications post nominally?

Jaeluni BSc (Hons) MScx2 PhD PG x 3 Rabbit Highly Commended 2* canoe Grade 3 Norwegian Brownies Hostess Badge Fifth form maths prize?
(Missed a few out in the interests of space).

Mustn't forget the Hons. Doesn't everyone get Hons unless they were sick or forgot how to spell their name?

Did not get Hons, I was bad at universitying. But did win the Latin prize in 4th year, perhaps I should put that after my name.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Albinator posted:

Did not get Hons, I was bad at universitying. But did win the Latin prize in 4th year, perhaps I should put that after my name.

Definitely.

I remember seeing someone ay they put HWAH after their name... Handy With A Hammer (they were a handyman)

I forgot my grade 4 violin - which was a screechifiing horrific noise.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

what does that mean again

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

....(Alliance - who DUP hate arguably more than the shinners these days) loooool

Now the DUP have two reasons to hate me. :qq:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Tesseraction posted:

what does that mean again

They're to let everyone know your degree is better than everyone else's because it comes from Oxford or Cambridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universities_in_the_United_Kingdom#Post-nominal_abbreviations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Fahkin/Cant