Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah last Friday I did the lost sector in the dreaming city about 5 times to try to get the new strand helmet for hunter since I was a moron and mulched it after the legendary campaign because I was tired and didn't read what it did. Each run was a fun time learning and adapting each time to make it go by faster, where I'm glad I took the time to grind out a chill clip fusion rifle from the crucible.

I didn't get a single drop so I went to do other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's as easy as ever, my friend! Just claim a handful of those Season Track Bright Engrams & get farming.

The benefit is also enormous. If you're one of the few 'no postmaster exotic cheese for me' holdouts, you don't know what you're missing! Using the new exotics right out of the gate for the Legendary Campaign was great fun & really helped Strand shine.

Having that season reward banner flashing at me makes my brain itch. I had some exotic engrams stowed for this season, and I'll have to stop claiming Eververse engrams I guess to be ready to stockpile a few for next season. Certainly not easier than ever though, as the game used to rain Umbrals down on you and fill your inventory if you didn't stay on top of them.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah last Friday I did the lost sector in the dreaming city about 5 times to try to get the new strand helmet for hunter since I was a moron and mulched it

AFAIK you should be able to pull it from collections now, albeit with set stats

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah but the stats are really bad

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

trials seems like a fundamentally stupid design

a system that only rewards the top 1% of players is loving idiotic

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Bungie take the Spoils requirement off Anarchy so I can get one

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

did a partition at long last, Sam wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be based off of the complaining. Kinda wish he could bounce you at more of an angle so I could launch myself across the map but that would definitely go wrong.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zokari posted:

trials seems like a fundamentally stupid design

a system that only rewards the top 1% of players is loving idiotic
Well it rewards participation and wins, but the idea of Flawless, is well, kind of flawed.

^burtle posted:

Bungie take the Spoils requirement off Anarchy so I can get one
You can get 15 (5x3 characters) spoils a week solo from Vow of the Disciple through a secret chest - just look it up on youtube.

There's some other spoils you can get from Vault of Glass solo, but they're a bit harder or involve clipping. Sometimes someone in the discord will send out a ping when they're at the chest and people can hop in to grab them.

It will take a hot minute, but you'll probably stock them up before bungie removes the requirement. :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's a solo or small team reachable secret chest in Deep Stone Crypt too, does that still drop spoils?

arsenicCatnip posted:

did a partition at long last, Sam wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be based off of the complaining. Kinda wish he could bounce you at more of an angle so I could launch myself across the map but that would definitely go wrong.

At first I thought that was how you were intended to use him, what with the disappearing platforms, but it's not actually possible because he moves faster than your top speed with just air control

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

arsenicCatnip posted:

He was mildly annoying on my strand titan because I wanted to punch things and he kept interrupting that.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

haveblue posted:

There's a solo or small team reachable secret chest in Deep Stone Crypt too, does that still drop spoils?

At first I thought that was how you were intended to use him, what with the disappearing platforms, but it's not actually possible because he moves faster than your top speed with just air control

Yeah I saw that big bridge and thought I was just gonna get nyoomed across while he destroyed it behind me but naur

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

What's the purpose of filling up on engrams?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lost sector exotic rewards are wonky in that if your engrams are full they go to the postmaster and they won’t become a proper exotic until you make space and claim there. Here’s the kicker, they will turn into whatever exotic part the day’s lost sector is. So you can (using today as an example) farm the lost sectors for exotic engrams, have them go to the postmaster, wait for a helmet/leg/arms day, then claim them when what you’re after is up.

Also this happens with other engrams as well that are tied to rotations. Trials drops can do this, as do older exotic engrams when they update the world exotic pool.

Largely, if a contents of a drop is tied to a reset, holding the drop in your postmaster across the reset will cause it's loot table to update. Engrams are not rolled when they drop, they're rolled when you activate them so you can take advantage of that property in subtle but interesting ways depending on the content.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

IIRC spoils are only 5 per chest if it's a pinnacle activity, otherwise it's 3 per chest.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

can’t you just run any raid that isn’t on rotation for a second time in order to get spoils? first clear you get gear, and all subsequent ones you get spoils? or am I misunderstanding (as I prefer to play solo and/or micless lol)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
trials should absolutely be the containment zone for people who are actually good at pvp, having sbmm in it ruins what trials is about. they should just stop putting best-in-slot pve stuff in trials, this is basically just adept reed's regret all over again.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the trials strand smg has ridiculous stats but it's a non-void primary in Season of The Volatile Rounds And Also You Can Just Use A Void LMG As Primary

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

haveblue posted:

Nope, that was the first chest to get its spoils taken away due to Too Much Farming

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

can’t you just run any raid that isn’t on rotation for a second time in order to get spoils? first clear you get gear, and all subsequent ones you get spoils? or am I misunderstanding (as I prefer to play solo and/or micless lol)
Hell same, but I think the spoils are first run only. I used to do a lot of VoG 1st 2 chests no mic, (and the Vow chest) to get the raid sparrow and then kind of stopped because it's just depressing. I'm pretty sure I didn't get spoils 2nd run.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

trials should absolutely be the containment zone for people who are actually good at pvp, having sbmm in it ruins what trials is about. they should just stop putting best-in-slot pve stuff in trials, this is basically just adept reed's regret all over again.

that all-important identity of trials, that 99% of players exist purely to be farmed

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reiterpallasch posted:

the trials strand smg has ridiculous stats but it's a non-void primary in Season of The Volatile Rounds And Also You Can Just Use A Void LMG As Primary

The title is coming back and will have repulsor brace I don’t care if the traveler is dead we are going to guardian some games.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Hell same, but I think the spoils are first run only. I used to do a lot of VoG 1st 2 chests no mic, (and the Vow chest) to get the raid sparrow and then kind of stopped because it's just depressing. I'm pretty sure I didn't get spoils 2nd run.

Secret Chests are once per chest per character per week.

Bosses will drop spoils instead of loot on subsequent kills within a lockout, so long as the raid is not the rotator of the week. So what some people do for spoils farm is take a fast boss and just kill it over and over with a saved checkpoint, like Daughters in Kings Fall.

I think the first chest of VoG (the one for opening the door) is flagged similar to a secret chest, which is why you won't get spoils (or loot) on the 2nd run.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Who the gently caress thought this SAM bounce mechanic was fun

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The same dev who gleefully grins every time he sees a clip of a player getting physics'd by an enemy.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The title is coming back and will have repulsor brace I don’t care if the traveler is dead we are going to guardian some games.

>the title but with good perks

Also, I'm struggling to put enough damage into these loving overload champs in the lost sector, any tips? BnS Cataclysmic doesn't put nearly enough in to get them before they start regenning again, and then with the stupid loving cooldown on their stun half the damage I've done disappears. Do I just save super?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Super is one option. Also shooting them with something anti-overload during the cooldown will halt their regeneration even though it won't stun them until the cooldown wears off. It should also stop them from teleporting around so surviving while doing that should be (slightly) easier

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

arsenicCatnip posted:

Also, I'm struggling to put enough damage into these loving overload champs in the lost sector, any tips? BnS Cataclysmic doesn't put nearly enough in to get them before they start regenning again, and then with the stupid loving cooldown on their stun half the damage I've done disappears. Do I just save super?

The two ways I deal with them is either Lemonarque, because the poison stops then from regenning and doing they're bullshit, or a clown cartridge rocket launcher/ghally because it puts out enough damage to drop them

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

haveblue posted:

Super is one option. Also shooting them with something anti-overload during the cooldown will halt their regeneration even though it won't stun them until the cooldown wears off. It should also stop them from teleporting around so surviving while doing that should be (slightly) easier

gently caress, I knew there was something I was missing. I'll stick with Cataclysmic for the first one then just super the 2nd, since apparently the frames will just eventually kill the boss if you wait long enough.

Hackan Slash posted:

The two ways I deal with them is either Lemonarque, because the poison stops then from regenning and doing they're bullshit, or a clown cartridge rocket launcher/ghally because it puts out enough damage to drop them

Lemon ark is a good idea in theory but I'm 20 under light level and wish ender is the only way I can kill red bars safely

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
blinding gl/lemon ark/void heavy should do great, blinding gls are very frequently the answer to dangerous red bars. just save an orb of power to go volatile when you need to kill the barrier in the middle room of e15 and you can skip anti-barrier; there's only one.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

DO YOU HEAR ME BUNGIE? IM NOT AFRAID OF YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Le monarque was what carried me through at like 1785 the last time E15 rolled around. It's easy now that I'm 1810, 7-8min clears and I'm not even good!

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

ultimately I just played dead by daylight with the overload while the frames melted the boss. Still need a few mroe clears for the other one so I went back in and at one point the overload aggro'd onto the frames and completely ignored me? If you can replicate that it should make flawless way easier

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
As someone who has played on and off since D2 was released, didn't play the last few seasons or expac extensively and is now getting into Lightfall... how do I get good armor? Anytime I inspect other players that are killing me a lot in Crucible or whatever they have a bunch of armor pieces that I've never even heard of, meanwhile I'm trying to get the best rolls possible from the purple gear that's dropping from Vanguard/Crucible/Season stuff.

Is all of their good gear coming from farming raids and Trials and stuff? Is there any past content I could be doing that's possible to solo that I'll be able to actually upgrade to current Power levels? I'd like to be Masterworking gear but it feels kind of moot if I'm just going to be replacing the Thorium Holt Boots that I'm only wearing because they rolled with the stats I need right now.

And weapon upgrading has also changed it looks like - do I need to be using weapons that drop with Deepsight Resonance or can I just extract the Pattern as soon as it drops? I feel like this should be explained somewhere but as far as I can tell it isn't.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You want to look for sources of gear that specifically say “high stat armor”. Of the top of my head, the end boss of Pit of Heresy can drop that, there’s a seasonal upgrade that makes the seasonal activity drop it, Iron Banner starts next week and is pretty good for it. And yes, other dungeons and raids, I just called out Pit specifically because it’s old and easy

Red border weapons can be immediately trashed or extracted (use the red item when inspecting it) for pattern progress. Most weapons require 5 red border drops to craft

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
You can extract the pattern immediately.

Good legendary armor tends to come from seasonal engram focusing, which (unless they changed it for Lightfall) respects the stat-changing mods on your Ghost and has excellent odds of being 62+ stat total. There are other armor farms in the game, especially for artifice armor which can just be slightly better, but they are deep endgame and absolutely not necessary to clear anything.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

acumen posted:

Le monarque was what carried me through at like 1785 the last time E15 rolled around. It's easy now that I'm 1810, 7-8min clears and I'm not even good!
Yep, this is me a few seasons ago being terrible and still getting through with plenty of time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRKHzwH9jo8

I post this every time E15 comes up just to prove you don't need to use any tricks or glitches or be Esoterickk good, you just need Le Monarque and to be able to aim in vaguely the right direction.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It seems as though grenade kickstart mods override Ashen Wake's cooldown refunds; I was only getting a sliver back with the mod on, and significant refunds with it off.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

haveblue posted:

You want to look for sources of gear that specifically say “high stat armor”. Of the top of my head, the end boss of Pit of Heresy can drop that, there’s a seasonal upgrade that makes the seasonal activity drop it, Iron Banner starts next week and is pretty good for it. And yes, other dungeons and raids, I just called out Pit specifically because it’s old and easy

Red border weapons can be immediately trashed or extracted (use the red item when inspecting it) for pattern progress. Most weapons require 5 red border drops to craft

Reiterpallasch posted:

You can extract the pattern immediately.

Good legendary armor tends to come from seasonal engram focusing, which (unless they changed it for Lightfall) respects the stat-changing mods on your Ghost and has excellent odds of being 62+ stat total. There are other armor farms in the game, especially for artifice armor which can just be slightly better, but they are deep endgame and absolutely not necessary to clear anything.

This was super helpful, thanks y'all. It looks like I didn't unlock Pit of Heresy yet when I played Shadowkeep so I'll unlock that and run it sometime this week in addition to farming Defiant BGs and whatnot.

From watching a few YouTube videos I've also realized that the Contraverse Holds that I'm using for my Void Warlock build have complete dogshit stats which sucks. Looks like I need to be farming Lost Sectors and doing the engrams on Arm days? The build I'm rocking with Contraverse right now feels better than just about any build I've ever used so I'm gonna keep using them, just need to get a pair with better stats because christ almighty are the default stats bad.

EDIT: Just saw that the Weekly Mission mentions High-Stat Thunderhead Armor and claims to need 1770 Power, can you farm that repeatedly?

The Clap fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 20, 2023

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
For whoever was asking upthread, the DSC sparrow chest no longer drops spoils. And anyone who wants the sad 5 per char per week on vow or vog can ask rhombus on discord, if I’m on I’ll be glad to let people in. If you want to do vow solo you just have to get past savathun, kill 3 ogres while surviving constantly spawning waves. Once the 3 ogres are dead at the skateboard, you’ll no longer get pervading darkness and can go shoot the three widgets to open the chest. And I don’t have the video close at hand but letting yourself into vog is not particularly challenging, just frustrating on some classes I’ve found, warlock is doable but you’re hitting a ceiling constantly when out of bounds so it’s annoying. Even with a stupid macro it still takes between 1 and 10 tries to drop through the rock thing off my sparrow.

But anyways, doing both chests on 3 chars a week gets you 240 in 8 weeks. Not great and I highly recommend raiding with the discord gang, but it’s an option.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
ABGD being forcibly de-platformed in the wake of a poorly-received destiny expansion by an overzealous mod??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i'm pretty happy to go without hot takes about the genitals of fictional characters tbh