Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

crank to 2x speed and maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Star F-Zero

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Spellman posted:

Star F-Zero

Star Fox Zero GX: Rogue Squadron

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Spellman posted:

Star F-Zero

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Spellman posted:

Star F-Zero

Star F0x

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

A week from today until the last day I can buy this game on Wii U and it still hasn't been on sale ever except for maybe a coupon once back in 2017.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
"F-Zero"???? Are we talking about a video game or my dating history???

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
"Mr Miyamoto, the gamers want to race as Captain Falcon again! You are breaking their hearts." :smith:

"I give f-zero"

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

You all and your lazy puns have a one way ticket to Mute City (my ignore list)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Just like his father.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

WHY BONER NOW posted:

"Mr Miyamoto, the gamers want to race as Captain Falcon again! You are breaking their hearts." :smith:

"I give f-zero zero-f"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

This is absolute loving madness, and I'm only halfway through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujHUMG0Uovs

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’ll take your word for it.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Hello, I would still like more Mario Party boards, maybe even minigames. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yes, I am in complete agreement, and I have no idea why Nibtendo hasn't released a DLC pack of 3-5 boards for Mario Party Superstars, I would happily pay $20 for such content. The game has apparently sold like 9.3 million copies, what's the freaking excuse Nintendo?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
nintendo is sometimes just weird with their post-release support. idk why Tennis got so much more support than Golf

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
lazy devs

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

nintendo is sometimes just weird with their post-release support. idk why Tennis got so much more support than Golf

They learned their lesson from no one ever buying or speaking of the tennis game past the hour it launched.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Define support? Golf probably doubled in content compared to release.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Nintendo is currently on a GOAT streak of DLC with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe waves so I’m fine with them ignoring the Tennis game that no one plays

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

BigDumper posted:

Nintendo is currently on a GOAT streak of DLC with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe waves so I’m fine with them ignoring the Tennis game that no one plays

I mean, I know a lot of people who don't own a Switch, they own a Mario Kart/Mario Party friends-are-over device.

Honestly, my switch is used almost exclusively for Kart, Party, Party Superstars and Mario Golf.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is absolute loving madness, and I'm only halfway through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujHUMG0Uovs

I’m good, thanks tho

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

BigDumper posted:

It's pretty wild just how many good tracks there are, I don't think I dislike a single one of the DLC tracks yet

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

chaleski posted:

It's pretty wild just how many good tracks there are, I don't think I dislike a single one of the DLC tracks yet
Quit having fun and get pissed off at the textures like everyone else on Twitter.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't like the city ones as much as the others but some of them are really good like Berlin, and people who've played Tour say the remaining city tracks are the best ones by a good margin.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Singapore from the last wave is pretty dope, maybe the best Tour track so far

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also the DLC has 3DS Rainbow Road which is, the best Rainbow Road of all time. sorry N64 Rainbow Road

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Suppose I was to buy a Kirby game right now, which is the one to buy? I’m assuming Forgotten Land.

I’ve only played the 3DS games. They were fun and pretty.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What is the point of that entire area behind the freighter crash site in Prime? I made the dumb mistake of going in there before having the gravity suit, because it seemed like the place to go. and after a painful trek to the bottom just hit the dead end because I didn't have the GS. That place is a nightmare to get out of too. So I get the gravity suit, assume now is the time to go there and make my way through the whole thing, and it just pops me out to an elevator I can already get to. Seems like this huge pointless loop. I guess there is one path in there I can't take yet, maybe that leads somewhere important.

Game is still a 10/10, but I forgot how much more painful the back tracking is in the latter half of the game. The first half is all smooth sailing, but in the back half there's a lot of "jfc it's really gonna make me go all the way over there again?!" I really hope Prime 4 draws heavily from Prime 1's approach, but with a lot of QOL stuff added. Just being able to fast travel between elevators or something would make a world of difference. Also maybe being able to like, scan future upgrades and mark them on the map or just put pins on the map.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The only Metroidvanias that don't have a lot of backtracking are ones that people criticize for being too linear. I don't think people know what they want out of this genre.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
trolled by space pirates

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

veni veni veni posted:

What is the point of that entire area behind the freighter crash site in Prime? I made the dumb mistake of going in there before having the gravity suit, because it seemed like the place to go. and after a painful trek to the bottom just hit the dead end because I didn't have the GS. That place is a nightmare to get out of too.

The point of it is to epicly pwn you.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Nintendo Labo version when you cowards

https://vxtwitter.com/clashreport/status/1638097090906578944

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think my biggest gripe with Prime remastered is that it isn't always clear where to go. For the 2D games, sure, I'll zoom all over the map, it's really easy to get everywhere. For this game, where I sometimes have to activate some timed mechanism, or do 3D platforming, it's a bit of a slog and there have been multiple times where I've backtracked through an area only to realize I needed to go somewhere else.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The backtracking at the end of Prime pwns because one of the best parts of a 'Vania is the bit where you've got everything and can zoom around all the levels.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

super fart shooter posted:

Singapore from the last wave is pretty dope, maybe the best Tour track so far

I was just about to make this post, it's so good. Some Tour ones are just OK (Berlin, Amsterdam, and New York come to mind) but Ninja Hideaway and Singapore are easily some of the best tracks in the game imo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also the DLC has 3DS Rainbow Road which is, the best Rainbow Road of all time. sorry N64 Rainbow Road

:yeah:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The only part that can suck my dik is thwt room in Chozo Mines where you have to spider ball up to an area and there's a pirate in a really inconvenient spot to kill that shoots you down

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also the Berlin music being a techno/classical mix is cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa_pKxJRRjs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
prime remastered would be waaay better if you had a compass at the top of the screen that told you how many meters away your next objective and missile upgrade are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The backtracking at the end of Prime pwns because one of the best parts of a 'Vania is the bit where you've got everything and can zoom around all the levels.

I guess I just need to slog further into the game a bit. I can see all these obvious things that are meant for traversing the game world in a faster way, but they never unlock. I beat a boss and think I'm going to get the thing that lets me get around easier, and it's instead a missile type unlock that I always forget to use.