Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 3/17

HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Brody King

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

GLEAT LIDET UWF Ver.3 March 7th
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JTH1eCRPnQ
MOTYC
Tetsuya Izuchi vs Shinya Aoki
- Thought this was a drat near perfect contest between youthful fire and grappling genius

Takanori Ito vs Dan Tamura
- loving brutal, he's such a silly looking man but drat can Tamura take damage

HM
Seichi Ikemoto vs Hideki Sekine
Soma Watanabe vs Hikaru Sato

These shows are such a treat, G-Pro can be hit or miss for me but the UWF shows are consistently entertaining, only thing I didn't like was Minoru Tanaka vs Yu Iizuka being so short

2nd all these. These UWF shoes just fly by, it's such a blast. Izuchi Aoki was one of those matches I couldn't take my eyes off even for a second. Was so tense.

Individual match timestamps: Izuchi vs Aoki
Hideki Sekine vs Seichi Ikemoto
Dan Tamura vs Takanori Ito
Hikaru Sato vs Soma Watanabe

His year is getting lost because he's not overly flashy & he's rarely in big matches, but god lord the consistency of Hikaru Sato is terrific. He's become one of my favourite guys to watch without me even noticing.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 20, 2023

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate's Memorial Gate 2023, 3/18

HM: Ryukyu Dragon Ryuou Championship Match - YAMATO vs Teelan Shisa

The return of full heel YAMATO to Dragongate was delightful. He managed to get the DG crowd cheering for an outsider to beat him.

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Natural Vibes (Kzy & Big Boss Shimizu) vs. M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Jr.)

Fantastic tag wrestling. The fact that Mochizuki Jr. is this good less than a year into his career is honestly quite stunning. Anyone who didn't vote him Rookie of the Year last year was wrong.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Fantastic tag wrestling. The fact that Mochizuki Jr. is this good less than a year into his career is honestly quite stunning. Anyone who didn't vote him Rookie of the Year last year was wrong.

sorry man, everyone knows Takumi Iroha deserved those votes more

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Japan Cup Night 10 March 19th
MOTYC
Mark Davis vs SANADA
- New and improved SANADA is great, Dunk is better

HM
David Finlay vs Tama Tonga

Yeah agreed

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
9th March
Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 2
Atushi Kotoge vs Daisuke Harada
Watch this here

This is a shamelessly sentimental pick, the match goes 1 minute but it's the last match of Harada's career & my eye was a little damp. I included the pre-match VT they showed which is longer than the match but really does Harada justice.

HM
9th March
Daiki Inaba, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura vs Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakamura, Kenoh & Manabu Soya)
Watch this here

This reminded me of 2020, when I watched everything NOAH put out, & everything was so capitvating. The Kongo Heavyweight trio are so great, the home army trio are great, what's not to love?

MOTYC
9th March
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title
AMAKUSA vs Hi69
Watch this here

AMAKUSA, now that Harada is retired, is the clear best guy in the NOAH Junior division. Just beautifully smooth. This match exceeded my expectations.

HM
12th March
New Japan Cup Night 5
New Japan Cup 2nd Round
Hirooki Goto vs Kyle Fletcher
Watch this here

MOTYC
13th March
New Japan Cup Night 6
New Japan Cup 2nd Round
Mark Davis vs Will Ospreay
Watch this here

Didn't really know what to expect from this, but Ospreay made Davis look like he fit in the Stan Hansen mold with some absolutely ludicrous selling, especially when you remember his shoulder is hosed up 5 minutes in to a match that goes 20. I really thought will did a stellar job putting Davis over.

HM
10th March
Stardom In Korakuen
Himeka vs Natsupoi
Watch this here

Himeka retirement road just makes me even madder at the cunts who feel it necessary to take out their inadequacies & failures on wrestlers on social media.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kyoraku Kyomei (Misao & Shoko) vs. Haruna Neko & Andreza Giant Panda - TJPW Grand Princess 2 3/18
MOTYC: Miu Watanabe (C) vs. Rika Tatsumi for the International Princess Championship - TJPW Grand Princess 2 3/18
HM: Wasteland War Party (C) vs. 121000000 for the Princess Tag Titles - TJPW Grand Princess 2 3/18
HM: Yuka Sakazaki (C) vs. Mizuki for the Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW Grand Princess 2 3/18

What a great show, even if some results didn't go the way I wanted them to I had an absolute blast, and that Miu/Rika match loving ruled and had some sick counter moves (The Choke Swing Counter, the Dragon Sleeper Swing etc! :stare:)

Nth these, plus

HM: Suzume v Arisu Endo

Really easy and fun to watch show, but something felt off about a bunch of matches, I'm usually a lot higher on TJPW. Can't put my finger on it (maybe the mild crowd (probably hurt by the venue size)).

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Miu Watanabe (C) vs. Rika Tatsumi for the International Princess Championship - TJPW Grand Princess 2 3/18
HM: Wasteland War Party (C) vs. 121000000 for the Princess Tag Titles - TJPW Grand Princess 2 3/18

Nth, plus MOTYC for Neo B vs Yuki & Billie

Good show, a little below the usual TJPW big show standards but I think those are pretty lofty heights anyway

this kid is nuts fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 20, 2023

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Brody King vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Rampage 3/17

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Japan Cup Night 10 March 19th
MOTYC
Mark Davis vs SANADA
- New and improved SANADA is great, Dunk is better

Nth, Davis looked like a beast

HM: Shota Umino vs David Finlay NJPW New Japan Cup March 18th

Finlay is good as a relentless vicious heel always on the offense, with no cheating (so far). Feels like he's distinguishing himself from Jay, who was much more methodical and sneaky. Seems to have great chemistry with Shota

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
These are all HMs from Smackdowns.

Braun Strowman vs. Gunther, 1/13
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn, 1/13
Drew McIntyre & Sheamus vs. Viking Raiders or Experience or what the gently caress ever, 2/17

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Mark Briscoe vs. Slim J, RoH on HonorClub 2/25
HM: Blake Christian vs. Zack Sabre Jr., same show

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Soberano Jr. vs Templario, CMLL Super Viernes, January 6

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
13th March
New Japan Cup Night 6
New Japan Cup 2nd Round
Mark Davis vs Will Ospreay
Watch this here

Didn't really know what to expect from this, but Ospreay made Davis look like he fit in the Stan Hansen mold with some absolutely ludicrous selling, especially when you remember his shoulder is hosed up 5 minutes in to a match that goes 20. I really thought will did a stellar job putting Davis over.

HM
10th March
Stardom In Korakuen
Himeka vs Natsupoi
Watch this here

Himeka retirement road just makes me even madder at the cunts who feel it necessary to take out their inadequacies & failures on wrestlers on social media.

nth for these.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

forkboy84 posted:

HM
10th March
Stardom In Korakuen
Himeka vs Natsupoi
Watch this here

Nth and agreed on the comment

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs. Lio Rush for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship - NJPW New Japan Cup Finals 3/21

Astounding match in front of an incredible crowd. Lio playing the speed demon with Hiromu struggling to keep up, Hiromu playing the hoss able to power out of and through Lio's high speed offense, the gradual shift in figuring out each other's timing (not in a bad way, it was excellently managed), lead to a match that built to a perfect crescendo and a perfectly executed ending. Amazing stuff.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs. Lio Rush for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship - NJPW New Japan Cup Finals 3/21

Astounding match in front of an incredible crowd. Lio playing the speed demon with Hiromu struggling to keep up, Hiromu playing the hoss able to power out of and through Lio's high speed offense, the gradual shift in figuring out each other's timing (not in a bad way, it was excellently managed), lead to a match that built to a perfect crescendo and a perfectly executed ending. Amazing stuff.

yep, nth

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: SANADA vs. David Finlay in the New Japan Cup Final - NJPW New Japan Cup Finals 3/21

This was very, very good and built to a very, very strong ending, only let down by having to follow the incredible Jr. Heavyweight match. SANADA using the Shining Wizard was an incredible moment.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: SANADA vs. David Finlay in the New Japan Cup Final - NJPW New Japan Cup Finals 3/21

This was very, very good and built to a very, very strong ending, only let down by having to follow the incredible Jr. Heavyweight match. SANADA using the Shining Wizard was an incredible moment.

Nth

Njpw is very exciting

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
21st March
All Japan Dream Power Series Night 4
Atsuki Aoyagi vs Dan Tamura
Watch this here

Possibly the best singles match of Dan's career?

WMOTYC
21st March
Gungnir of Anarchy (Ryuki Honda & Shotaro Ashino) vs Voodoo Murders (KONO & Suwama)

gently caress this poo poo so much. Just loving dreadful, with the finish & post-match a real turd dropped on an otherwise deeply eh match.

MOTYC
21st March
All Japan (Kento Miyahara, Ryo Inoue & Yuma Anzai) vs NOAH (Kinya Okada, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura)
Watch this here

All Japan continues to use NOAH younger guys better than NOAH, by an order of magnitude. There was some nice symtery here, Kento & Kitamiya had their history together from Kensuke Office days, Kinya & Ryo are your kick boys, & Inamura & Anzai are your nice strong heavyweights. It's great, this is how interpromotional stuff should be done.

MOTYC
21st March
AJPW Tag Team Titles
Naoya Nomura vs Yuma Aoyagi(c) vs Kongo (Kenoh & Manabu Soya)
Watch this here

Match of the night. If you watch nothing else from this show, watch this (but also, watch Dan & Atsuki and the NOAH/AJPW tag). Kenoh & Yuma instantly have amazingly good chemistry, Kenoh is Kenoh, the best character in wrestling. I need to watch this back to decide if I go the full ***** on this or not.

HM
21st March
Triple Crown Title
Yuji Nagata(c) vs Shuji Ishikawa
Watch this here

My main takeaway here is this really made me even more impressed with Kento for his match with Nagata, because here he kind of looked his age, & so did the Big Dog. So they made up for what they lacked in stamina in just throwing huge bombs & taking big bumps that guys their age probably shouldn't be taking. It's a good match, it's just not a Kento match, & he's the gold standard for a Triple Crown holder.

MOTYC
20th March
SEAdLINNNG Shin-Kiba Series 2023 Vol.2
Beyond The Sea Title
Arisa Nakajima(c) vs Ayame Sasamura
Watch this here

This is loving phenomenal. A real showing from Nakajima, break out stuff from Sasamura, it's stiff as hell, they throw viscious suplexes, post-match Ayame posted a photo on her Twitter of the marks left on her cheek and neck. A reminder for those who need it that Arisa Nakajima is one of the best wrestlers in the world.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 22, 2023

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
New Japan Cup Final - 3-21

HM - Shingo & Naito vs. Henare & Great O-Khan
HM - Okada & Bishimon vs. Cobb & Aussie Open
MOTYC - Hiromu vs. Lio Rush
MOTYC - Sanada vs. Finlay

Great show, great crowd, lots of interesting directions ahead.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
15th March
New Japan Cup Night 7
New Japan Cup 2nd Round
Shota Umino vs Zack Sabre Jr
Watch this here

Thought this started really well, was super into it but the more it went on the more they lost me. I mean, I still went **** on it so it's still real good & the best non-Ospreay match of Shota's career. He's really good playing in Zack's playground.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Impact Hard to Kill, 1/13, all HMs

Bully Ray vs. Josh Alexander
Eddie Edwards vs. Jonathan Gresham
Mickie James vs. Jordynne Grace

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Judgement March 21st
MOTYC
Yuji Hino (c) vs Yukio Naya - KO-D Openweight Championship
- At Judgement 2022 these two were relegated to a preshow battle royale. This year, they're being asked to keep the crowd invested in the main event at the end of a near 6 hour show. Though I didn't like this quite as much as the match in January when Hino won the belt, I still thought this was a fantastic heavyweight clash to end the show, just get two of the biggest guys on the roster to wallop the everloving poo poo out of each other and I am instantly on board. It's especially refreshing to see how much Naya has improved as a big man in the past year after years of being the drizzling shits

HM
Saki Akai vs Masahiro Takanashi
HARASHIMA and Keigo Nakamura vs Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Hideki Okatani)
Takeshi Masada vs Hikaru Machida
Konosuke Takeshita vs Sanshiro Takagi
Yuki Ueno vs Samuray Del Sol
Naruki Doi (c) vs Tetsuya Endo - DDT Universal Title
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and MAO) (c) vs Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi and Ryota Nakatsu) - KO-D Tag Team Championship

DDT is pretty good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Shota Umino/Ryohei Oiwa vs. Zack Sabre Jr./Kosei Fujita, NJPW New Japan Cup Final, 21/03
HM: Kazuchika Okada/Bishamon vs. Jeff Cobb/Aussie Open, NJPW New Japan Cup Final, 21/03
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Lio Rush, NJPW New Japan Cup Final, 21/03
MOTYC: SANADA vs. David Finlay, NJPW New Japan Cup Final, 21/03

The post-main event had me so emosh, I love you Cold Skull :cry:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark 3/21

HM: Leon Ruffin vs. Juice Robinson
HM: The Wingmen (Cezar Bononi & Ryan Nemeth) vs. Iron Savages (Bronson and Boulder)
HM: Toni Storm vs. Billie Starkz

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 3/21

HM: The Wingmen (Cezar Bononi & Ryan Nemeth) vs. Iron Savages (Bronson and Boulder)

I've been waiting a MONTH to nth these

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
17th March
New Japan Cup Night 8
New Japan Cup Quarter Final
SANADA vs Tetsuya Naito
Watch it here

I'm only 2 shows away from catching up with New Japan. Just in time for them to not have another show for a week & a half (only watching Cup & title matches from this tour sure makes watching New Japan more palatable)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

EPW Goldrush ~ The Last Frontier ~ March 3rd
MOTYC
Davis Storm and Mikey Nicholls (c) vs The Pulse (Jarrad Slate and Felix Young) (c) - EPW and SHWA Tag Team Championships
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKi235Ur0E8
- Almost certainly overrating this because I was here live but this match was a ton of fun, and now EPW have uploaded it there's a chance for other people to give it a look. This is the culmination of a year long story where The Pulse, representing SHWA, won the EPW tag titles in a handicap match after one of the current champions were injured, running roughshod over the rest of the tag division before finally falling at the 21st anniversary show in December to the two remaining EPW founders, Davis Storm and New Japan's Mikey Nicholls. This is a rematch of that where Pulse are looking to regain the EPW tag belts in a street fight, unifying with their home belts and folding them into the SHWA lineage. Some little things are lost because the camera's used weren't the best like Felix cutting himself way too deep and leaking an upsetting amount of blood, or in the beginning brawl where the guys paired off and half the action was offscreen, but even removing that this is still a very enjoyable street fight and a good showcase for my local promotion.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

HM: Shota Umino/Ryohei Oiwa vs. Zack Sabre Jr./Kosei Fujita, NJPW New Japan Cup Final, 21/03
HM: Kazuchika Okada/Bishamon vs. Jeff Cobb/Aussie Open, NJPW New Japan Cup Final, 21/03
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Lio Rush, NJPW New Japan Cup Final, 21/03
MOTYC: SANADA vs. David Finlay, NJPW New Japan Cup Final, 21/03

The post-main event had me so emosh, I love you Cold Skull :cry:

Yeah agreed!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Japan Cup Night 11 March 21st
MOTYC
SANADA vs David Finlay - New Japn Cup Final
- Couldn't imagine caring this much about these two guys in a main event a couple of years ago, fantastic stuff

HM
Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs Lio Rush - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Bishamon (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI)) vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb and Aussie Open (Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher))

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 3/21

nth and the renegades match was so close. solid loving dark

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Two more HMs from RoH HonorClub #1

Josh Woods vs. Konosuke Takeshita
AR Fox vs. Claudio Castagnoli

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

HM
21st March
Watch this here

WMOTYC
21st March
Gungnir of Anarchy (Ryuki Honda & Shotaro Ashino) vs Voodoo Murders (KONO & Suwama)

gently caress this poo poo so much. Just loving dreadful, with the finish & post-match a real turd dropped on an otherwise deeply eh match.

MOTYC
21st March
All Japan (Kento Miyahara, Ryo Inoue & Yuma Anzai) vs NOAH (Kinya Okada, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura)
Watch this here

All Japan continues to use NOAH younger guys better than NOAH, by an order of magnitude. There was some nice symtery here, Kento & Kitamiya had their history together from Kensuke Office days, Kinya & Ryo are your kick boys, & Inamura & Anzai are your nice strong heavyweights. It's great, this is how interpromotional stuff should be done.

MOTYC
21st March
AJPW Tag Team Titles
Watch this here

Match of the night. If you watch nothing else from this show, watch this (but also, watch Dan & Atsuki and the NOAH/AJPW tag). Kenoh & Yuma instantly have amazingly good chemistry, Kenoh is Kenoh, the best character in wrestling. I need to watch this back to decide if I go the full ***** on this or not.

HM
21st March
Triple Crown Title
Watch this here

My main takeaway here is this really made me even more impressed with Kento for his match with Nagata, because here he kind of looked his age, & so did the Big Dog. So they made up for what they lacked in stamina in just throwing huge bombs & taking big bumps that guys their age probably shouldn't be taking. It's a good match, it's just not a Kento match, & he's the gold standard for a Triple Crown holder.

Broken record here, saying watch the All Japan matches I've been able to link here.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

HM
21st March
Watch this here

WMOTYC
21st March

MOTYC
21st March
Watch this here

MOTYC
21st March
AJPW Tag Team Titles
Watch this here

HM
21st March
Triple Crown Title
Watch this here

2nd to all these. More people should be watching All Japan.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Stu Grayson, Dynamite 3/22

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Hijo del Vikingo

I do not fear the police at all.

LionYeti