Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes are the best vegetables imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

*hamburger helper impacts into wall*

I’m sorry sweetie they only had Stroganoff flavor.

*door slams in distance*

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

TheMightyBoops posted:

*hamburger helper impacts into wall*

I’m sorry sweetie they only had Stroganoff flavor.

*door slams in distance*

Darkman Fanpage posted:

hollerin and wailin like a real big bitch for attention in the grocery store hoping one of the store associates will come ask what's wrong and when they finally do ill tell them i can't reach the hamburger helper on the top shelf

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thinking about phils wife asking him to cook dinner and him struggling with the hamburger helper because of input lag

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

I always thought "the lovely gently caress My rear end" was a dumb Elden Ring joke

me too!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

sharknado slashfic posted:

I dislike crunchy broccoli but mushy is good. Also the thread may be happy to know that my plan to like olives by eating olives worked.

Enjoy the best snack/topping you could ever ask for :cheers:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
larder guy and supertaster guy teamup

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
rudely dipping my fingers into the sauce in front of everyone and screaming in fear and anger when i taste a hint of asparagus and flipping the table over ruining the king of frances banquet

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
loudly and angrily demanding the kids meal on a transatlantic flight moments before I am tackled by an air marshal

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes are the best vegetables imo

brussel sprouts sauteed with salt and pepper or if I'm feeling nasty, maple glazed :yum:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

brussel sprouts sauteed with salt and pepper or if I'm feeling nasty, maple glazed :yum:

Oven roasted with olive oil and bacon.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

rudely dipping my fingers into the sauce in front of everyone and screaming in fear and anger when i taste a hint of asparagus and flipping the table over ruining the king of frances banquet

This is how the 30 Years War started.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

MarcusSA posted:

Oven roasted with olive oil and bacon.

this but without the bacon and dusted with curry powder after

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can you air fry brussel sprouts?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can you air fry brussel sprouts?

you can air fry anything green

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Does anyone have the Slenderman comic that Das Boo (I think?) posted in the "kill you're famil;" thread? All I remember about it was Slenderman saying "Becky nooooooo!" and a note saying to read it in H. Jon Benjamin's voice.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Glad this thread is back where it belongs

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Mode 7 posted:

:cheers:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mode 7 posted:

but it's in PYF? :confused:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzItS5BmUNw

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

I dislike crunchy broccoli but mushy is good. Also the thread may be happy to know that my plan to like olives by eating olives worked.

In my late twenties I slowly made myself like a bunch of veggies I hated because they were things that were in everything anyway like peas and mushrooms and okra. Best thing I ever did. I couldn't get myself to like zucchini but I did discover I love butternut squash. I like 99% of veggies now so I'm not gonna sweat the summer squashes not tasting edible to me thing. Maybe I'll revisit them again soon, see if my tastes have changed. Tastes aren't static.

There's a saga that I can't find and I wish I could, maybe someone will know what I'm referring to?

It was some guy living in a hotel room, I think, who was trying to learn how to cook but the food he was making... Wasn't food. Stuff like just putting a flour sludge into a pan I think? There were photos of his awful crunchy rice, stuff like that. I could have sworn I found it from an earlier iteration of this thread but I couldn't find it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I vaguely remember two posters, husband and wife I believe, who were like...dog nazis. Like if you had a mutt or anything but a purebred they told you straight up your dog should be purged for the good of dogkind etc. They were weirdly prolific posters for a long time but I don’t remember their names or what happened to them. Does anyone know who I'm talking about?

I love that this became so legendary that agdq invited Alex to "speedrun" big rigs during the awful blockhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz1yqfajUVs&hd=1

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Invictus posted:

I vaguely remember two posters, husband and wife I believe, who were like...dog nazis. Like if you had a mutt or anything but a purebred they told you straight up your dog should be purged for the good of dogkind etc. They were weirdly prolific posters for a long time but I don’t remember their names or what happened to them. Does anyone know who I'm talking about?

Pretty sure you're thinking of the DVAngels, who were ridiculous, militant purebred Afghan Hound owners.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Pretty sure you're thinking of the DVAngels, who were ridiculous, militant purebred Afghan Hound owners.

Mallory Archer had an account here?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheSwizzler posted:

and the lovely "gently caress My rear end"

Imagine how mad you would have to be to write this post. A normal person would not survive

sad question
May 30, 2020

Skratte posted:

There's a saga that I can't find and I wish I could, maybe someone will know what I'm referring to?

It was some guy living in a hotel room, I think, who was trying to learn how to cook but the food he was making... Wasn't food. Stuff like just putting a flour sludge into a pan I think? There were photos of his awful crunchy rice, stuff like that. I could have sworn I found it from an earlier iteration of this thread but I couldn't find it.
Are you perhaps thinking of Masaokis? He wasn't a goon himself but his cooking videos inspired a few threads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdnQ0nO3AcY

Linked channel has most of his videos

I am still unclear if it was a bit because some of the comedic timing seems too good to be accidental.

sad question fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 21, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

right, afghan hounds, for some reason I thought the dogs they were insane for were borzois. Thanks! I can only assume they got permabanned for being awful dog elitists constantly.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Skratte posted:

In my late twenties I slowly made myself like a bunch of veggies I hated because they were things that were in everything anyway like peas and mushrooms and okra. Best thing I ever did. I couldn't get myself to like zucchini but I did discover I love butternut squash. I like 99% of veggies now so I'm not gonna sweat the summer squashes not tasting edible to me thing. Maybe I'll revisit them again soon, see if my tastes have changed. Tastes aren't static.

Grilled zucchini is really good. You can do it straight on the grill or in foil. A friend of mine who was vegetarian used to always bring that to bbqs. If you haven't tried it that way, check it out some time

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

TheSwizzler posted:

I think supertaster only applies to like a few things like cilantro detecting some compounds other people don't

No, the cilantro receptor is a whole seperate thing.

Supertaster refers to taste bud density, like 1 in 4 people are supertasters.There's also an equivalent opposite term, non-taster, which refers to the lowest 25% of taste bud density havers. Both are extremely common; they just have stupid dramatic names which are almost exclusively used by stupid dramatic people.

Your typical supertaster has no idea they even are one, and has either managed to acquire a taste for their supposed trigger foods, or was able to establish a varied diet by discovering the many delicious vegetables that aren't brussels sprouts or whatever sets them off, because food that caters to their palate and isn't exclusively chicken nuggies has always existed.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

No, the cilantro receptor is a whole seperate thing.

Supertaster refers to taste bud density, like 1 in 4 people are supertasters.There's also an equivalent opposite term, non-taster, which refers to the lowest 25% of taste bud density havers. Both are extremely common; they just have stupid dramatic names which are almost exclusively used by stupid dramatic people.

Your typical supertaster has no idea they even are one, and has either managed to acquire a taste for their supposed trigger foods, or was able to establish a varied diet by discovering the many delicious vegetables that aren't brussels sprouts or whatever sets them off, because food that caters to their palate and isn't exclusively chicken nuggies has always existed.

my wife and i kind of low-key love watching chris morocco's reverse engineering videos at bon apetit and it's also fascinating to see that a supertaster doesn't really taste that much more of what anyone else does. he misses a ton of obvious ingredients lots of times.

Dixville posted:

Grilled zucchini is really good. You can do it straight on the grill or in foil. A friend of mine who was vegetarian used to always bring that to bbqs. If you haven't tried it that way, check it out some time

if you're pescetarian or meat eating, a taiwanese tip for grilling zuccini is to baste them in shacha sauce before and or after grilling, if you have an asian grocery store around. be warned though the sauce has shrimp in it.

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 21, 2023

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's such a small part of her whole thread in the grand scheme of things, but folks staunchly refusing to ever eat a vegetable will never not remind me of Blue Story's post about her husband being totally definitely super allergic to fruits and vegetables (like all of them) to the point that even being near one is too much for him

Blue Story posted:

Post about Food (sort of E/N):

I believe that cooking and smart meal planning are an achievable goal, but we do face some challenges. I am going to list these challenges, not as an excuse for why we can't cook or whatever because we can and and we will learn to do it. This is more just background that shows how things got where they are:

1) Husband has oral allergy syndrome. This means that when he consumes raw produce his mouth breaks out. Depending on the produce and the amount consumed, his throat could close up and kill him. Over the years he has grown suspicious of whether or not produce is sufficiently cooked, and is naturally reluctant. If he were to chop up some fruits or veggies his hands would break out. I have to eat oranges with the windows open because the stuff that releases in the air when you peel it bothers him. This is a real issue and not some made-up aversion to fruits and vegetables.

It does keep going after that to other stuff and it does get brought up later with the thread not glossing over it when it finally gets moved to E/N at least.

Blue Story posted:

Yes we have poor eating habits. My concern is about our kid thinking that my husband isn't eating veggies because he doesn't like them, when he actually has an allergy to fresh produce. Do you have a suggestion?

[...]

He is an adult.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Skratte posted:

maybe Cheese Thief?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Teach a man to cook and he'll eat fried flour sludge for a day, teach a man to steal and he'll feast on cheese for life

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That reminds me, who was the goon who posted an E/N thread alleging he was being harassed at work for a medical issue, and gradually revealed that the issue was that he was lactose intolerant and ate literally nothing but cheese, and produced chemical warfare-level farts that shut down the factory floor on a daily basis because people were forced to evacuate? I think at one point he posted pictures of his cheese collection worth thousands of dollars and was even talked into leaving it with a friend for safekeeping, but backslid after having gone two days without cheese.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

TheSwizzler posted:

and the lovely "gently caress My rear end"

oh, so that’s where “and the lovely X” is from. amazing meltdown

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

puckins

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Mia Wasikowska posted:

re4 remake on friday :woop:

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That reminds me, who was the goon who posted an E/N thread alleging he was being harassed at work for a medical issue, and gradually revealed that the issue was that he was lactose intolerant and ate literally nothing but cheese, and produced chemical warfare-level farts that shut down the factory floor on a daily basis because people were forced to evacuate? I think at one point he posted pictures of his cheese collection worth thousands of dollars and was even talked into leaving it with a friend for safekeeping, but backslid after having gone two days without cheese.

Lmfao