Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seems like to the extent it means anything to the podcasters, it's just knowing that midroll or scripps or iheartradio isn't going to buy the network and stop distributing your show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
It was funny to hear 99% Invisible proclaim that they were a proud new member of the Spotify family or some poo poo, and then immediately start having like an extra half an hour of ads per episode.

So I guess good for Maxfun.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

jeeves posted:

It was funny to hear 99% Invisible proclaim that they were a proud new member of the Spotify family or some poo poo, and then immediately start having like an extra half an hour of ads per episode.

I feel like the same thing happened with Last Podcast On The Left. I'm very unclear what advantage joining a network gives the talent.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

grittyreboot posted:

I feel like the same thing happened with Last Podcast On The Left. I'm very unclear what advantage joining a network gives the talent.

With LPotL I at least feel like the ads they're getting now are from bigger companies, so possibly more money? Thankfully they ended their Spotify exclusivity.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

jeeves posted:

I distinctly remember hearing Roman Mars say they'd been bought out by Sirius but he was donating $1,000,000 from the sale to radiotopia and thinking motherfucker how much did you get paid

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Entropic posted:

I distinctly remember hearing Roman Mars say they'd been bought out by Sirius but he was donating $1,000,000 from the sale to radiotopia and thinking motherfucker how much did you get paid

Yeah doesn’t he own Radiotopia? So good of him to donate to it!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Entropic posted:

pretty sure he got like Joe Rogan money

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

the boys requested that they not be emailed about this and I will respect that

BUT

what kind of marmalade are they eating where the overwhelming taste profile is "bitter"? is this an American tastebuds thing because marmalade is sweet as hell and loaded with sugar

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Party Boat posted:

BUT

what kind of marmalade are they eating where the overwhelming taste profile is "bitter"? is this an American tastebuds thing because marmalade is sweet as hell and loaded with sugar

I haven’t listened but did they get marmalade confused with marmite?

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Marmalade can absolutely be bitter, it's made of (bitter) orange peel and juice, after all.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

the other ingredient is sugar tho

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I think there might be a word for when something is both bitter and sweet

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
switter

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Tart

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I finally signed up for MaxFun, lord knows they've given me enough free content over the last decade to spot them $5 a month

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What’s the bonus content for the year?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
You can always just give one month and then stop for the year.

They’re not with it enough to have like private rss feeds that go offline when you don’t pay like Patreon or such.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

At this point I have to imagine it's a conscious choice to not do that. That tech is pretty well out there at this point

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Party Boat posted:

BUT

In comparison to jam/jelly/preserves of other fruits, it's definitely more bitter.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

George H.W. oval office posted:

What’s the bonus content for the year?

They rerecorded the Margaritaville episode with the brothers all switching parts and Matt Doyle playing all the celebrities who are not Matt Doyle. It's a trip and Matt Doyle is an extremely good sport.

There's also the next chapter in the Charlieverse which I am saving for a nice long walk or run so I can listen to it in one go

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

jeeves posted:

They’re not with it enough to have like private rss feeds that go offline when you don’t pay like Patreon or such.
I don't think that's true as of this year, since they wrangled the computers into allowing you to curate a custom feed. The "all content" feed also exists but appears to be associated with your max fun login.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Justin sounds like he had few before recording

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I just started listening to Steeplechase a few days ago and I really really like it so far but the logic of how this world works beyond any kind of surface level really makes no sense at all.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

They made an excellent change to bonus content this year where now you can have a custom RSS feed that only includes boco from the shows you select.

e: goddamn it I obviously missed Sivart's post

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Sankis posted:

I just started listening to Steeplechase a few days ago and I really really like it so far but the logic of how this world works beyond any kind of surface level really makes no sense at all.

Oh absolutely not at all and it’s great. Try not to think about it to hard.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

the less tedious world building i have to sit through, the better

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

QuoProQuid posted:

the less tedious world building i have to sit through, the better

What, you don’t want ANOTHER QUIET YEAR????

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

jeeves posted:

They called it that because nobody listened to that poo poo.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The bit where they all turned into annoying reporters was very good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

jeeves posted:

I liked Quiet Year.:shobon:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

quiet year was great

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It was pretty good. I’d liked it better if it was one big episode or released all at once but what we got was fine.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I liked Quiet Year because I’m a slut for worldbuilding but I am also fine without it. I am super easy to please, unless you are Justin, in whose case I developed an parasocial hatership

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
My therapist told me to balance out my feelings though and thus I’d like to say that I appreciated the part in the last episode in which he recognized Griffin’s struggles of playing a character that’s supposed to know things that are the DM’s domain and decided to take the reins off for a while. Travis would gently caress it up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just finished The Eleventh Hour graphic novel.

Carey Pietsch owns. These books are only gonna get thicker I think, and she absolutely nailed this one.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
adventure zone should not care about world building. But in my heart of hearts I have to admit that the non-logic of how the gently caress steeplechase works itches at my brain.

why's the guy paying them crime money to do a normal theme park attraction

Farg fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Mar 23, 2023

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
also its funny that they replaced ghosts with holograms and it had huge knock on effects and the character that primarily interacts with them clearly does not have a grasp of how they work

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

To be fair, if Emmerich actually used hard light to its fullest potential there would be a lot less tension because the give-a-ghost projector would be the solution to every single puzzle, combat and social interaction

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Farg posted:

also its funny that they replaced ghosts with holograms and it had huge knock on effects and the character that primarily interacts with them clearly does not have a grasp of how they work

Ghosts are holograms of the soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

flavor.flv posted:

To be fair, if Emmerich actually used hard light to its fullest potential there would be a lot less tension because the give-a-ghost projector would be the solution to every single puzzle, combat and social interaction

yeah I feel like the whole project shoulda just been a "no you can't" instead of allowing it but then not letting it do a lot