Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Guys, Boris is a oval office.

But not the good kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

Why is this country obsessed with the most vile, shittiest chocolate item you can possibly get?

Wait, don't answer that - it's Britain.
What? No one in the UK is obsessed with Herseys

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Albigensian Hershey.

The magazine for those who fought on the beach in Normandy in 1976 and got banned from the cafe.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1638149084069412864

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Gorn Myson posted:

What? No one in the UK is obsessed with Herseys

I think they meant Cadburys, which honestly isn't that bad, even if it had to get an exemption from EU rules due to chocolate content or some such IIRC.

And yes, I know they are now owned by Americans too.

And also that American chocolate is even worse.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Good to see Francois poking his head out again after his years of "difficulties"

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
American chocolate is not the worst American crime, but it is up there.

Cadburys Dairy Milk is still decent, but I don't like how is little lovely bubbles rather than a chonky block.

The chocolate in creme eggs is deteriorating rapidly however. Still better than the chocolate in a yorkie but far inferior to the proper dairy milk quality.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yes but the sentence "the most vile, shittiest chocolate item you can possibly get" can only apply to Hersheys. Just any Hersheys chocolate.

This island is poo poo, but the seppos made their land far worse, so they made their chocolate far worse.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Seppos also hosed up cadburys cos it got bought by Kraft and they changed the chocolate formula, and now it's poo poo

creme eggs especially, as noted

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I’m off to Copenhagen with the family for a few days next week, we’ve got young children, and from just reading online it seems very liveable - public transport looks great, half the population cycle to work, and there are lots of things to do as a family. I’ve found it much easier to find plan activities and meals than in London, it’s weird. Hoping the miserable weather doesn’t ruin it!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Cadburys isn't amazing, but it does punch above its weight for the cost imo.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Lady Gaza posted:

I’m off to Copenhagen with the family for a few days next week, we’ve got young children, and from just reading online it seems very liveable - public transport looks great, half the population cycle to work, and there are lots of things to do as a family. I’ve found it much easier to find plan activities and meals than in London, it’s weird. Hoping the miserable weather doesn’t ruin it!

My mate moved out there a few years ago (he's half-Danish) with his wife, they've just had a kid there. They love it. Maternity/paternity leave is also extremely generous

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Every single thing about this is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

And with that damning indictment of my comedic taste, could I possibly ask if anyone would be prepared to read a sitcom pilot a friend and I have written? It’s been edited by a proper script editor so it won’t be mechanically a chore to get through, can’t necessarily promise the same for the plot and so-called jokes. I’d be massively grateful for a volunteer who’s prepared to both read it and give me some critique.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

My mate moved out there a few years ago (he's half-Danish) with his wife, they've just had a kid there. They love it. Maternity/paternity leave is also extremely generous

Yeah I’ve heard really good things. I’ve been there a few times for work to visit clients and they seemed to have a great quality of life. Expensive place but it seems they get what they pay for. I am not too familiar with the politics/culture of the place though. We’re always a little hesitant travelling as my wife is British Indian and in some places there is more overt racism than she gets here in the south east of the UK. I’d hope that a cosmopolitan city like Copenhagen is ok - we found Oslo fine, for example.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
dairy milk isn't the same as when I was a kid- I know my taste buds are different but it never had the slightly chalky/antacid tablet texture back then

dark milk is pretty good but still has a hint of it

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Kinder/Hersheys/Cadburys all tastes like plastic.

Kinder Eggs and Creme Eggs are on the same poo poo tier as Hershey's, by consensus. One's just not like the other in that it's shaped like a wet turd.

Also on another note, gently caress milk chocolate dark is where it's at.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Those little Kinder Maxi bars know how to gently caress

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

DesperateDan posted:

dairy milk isn't the same as when I was a kid- I know my taste buds are different but it never had the slightly chalky/antacid tablet texture back then

dark milk is pretty good but still has a hint of it

i think it’s the thinner pieces and weird smoothening they do to it now, when it’s melted it’s the same chocolate but they’ve somehow changed the taste profile through shrinkflation

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I like creme eggs. It's been ages since I had a kinder egg but I remember them being nice too

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Sanford posted:

Every single thing about this is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

And with that damning indictment of my comedic taste, could I possibly ask if anyone would be prepared to read a sitcom pilot a friend and I have written? It’s been edited by a proper script editor so it won’t be mechanically a chore to get through, can’t necessarily promise the same for the plot and so-called jokes. I’d be massively grateful for a volunteer who’s prepared to both read it and give me some critique.

Hell yeah, send that poo poo right over.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Noxville posted:

Brain absolutely riddled with holes that the brain worms have left

https://twitter.com/jefflez/status/1638131359167160320?s=46&t=lz1DjwUk2vgFTdWPPaLwfA

If it wasn't for the MET being infiltrated by gender ideology then they'd be as innocent as Woody Allan. - Hadley Freeman, The Observer.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/ITVNewsPolitics/status/1638138910298501121

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

TACD posted:

The Met is institutionally just a few bad apples

They're admitting slightly more than a few:

https://twitter.com/AmeliaHorgan/status/1638105695097704451

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Move it onto the top shelf

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sanford posted:

Sure, but if it's blatantly a UK adaptation of The Big Bang Theory I *will* put you on blast.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Lady Gaza posted:

Yeah I’ve heard really good things. I’ve been there a few times for work to visit clients and they seemed to have a great quality of life. Expensive place but it seems they get what they pay for. I am not too familiar with the politics/culture of the place though. We’re always a little hesitant travelling as my wife is British Indian and in some places there is more overt racism than she gets here in the south east of the UK. I’d hope that a cosmopolitan city like Copenhagen is ok - we found Oslo fine, for example.

It's worse than other Scandi places in terms of xenophobia, in general it goes something like Norway>Sweden>Finland>(Netherlands for comparison)>Denmark, but even then it's not that bad.

Similar-ish to the UK (e: by which I mean they've been trying to send refugees to Africa too, albeit it didn't get as far).

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 21, 2023

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
What happened with that guy who called Jame SOB a nonce

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

Cadburys isn't amazing, but it does punch above its weight for the cost imo.

Not when Galaxy is typically sitting right next to it on the shelf, I'd say. That stuff is vastly superior, even if it's kind of mean that they do superior chocolate quality in the smallest blocks.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

What happened with that guy who called Jame SOB a nonce

Probably has a bunch of threatening letters from very expensive lawyers headed towards him in the mail.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Barry Foster posted:

When you're living and working here it's easy to forget just how shabby this country is in every single way, whether politically, economically, in terms of pay, service, housing, infrastructure, socially, morally, ethically, intellectually. Or rather, it's easy to forget that things could be any different than they are, and that in an awful lot of other places they are different
I'm reminded of a tweet or possibly observation from someone in this thread about the idea that the rest of the world is absolutely fine in Children of Men and Britain just chose to be like that.

Ah, the Shaggy defence.

ThisBunkCannotSwim
Sep 17, 2010

Get in the bin.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Surely there must be a law in the English courts against this sort of thing!?

I love tea and I love Creme Eggs, but this time Pervert Scientists Have Gone Too Far!!!! :bahgawd:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Please don't sully the good name of peer reviewed Pervert Science by linking it with this kind of thing.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I don't get that tea. "Creme Egg" isn't a flavour. I like it, but it's just chocolate with creamy sugar inside? I mean I too can just put chunks of dairy milk and shitloads of sugar in my tea.

Aphex- fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 21, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought similar at the time. All part of the words not meaning things reality.

https://twitter.com/skedeschi/status/1638175172288192513

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I nearly got run over by a C-130 flying NOE over the moors, bloody thing was flying so low I could have thrown a rock and hit it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

I nearly got run over by a C-130 flying NOE over the moors, bloody thing was flying so low I could have thrown a rock and hit it.

Why didn't you?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was driving a car at the time. Same reason i didn't photograph it.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Maybe it's not the worst thing about flying into the London airports, but for some reason it seemed to me to set the tone that the baggage trolleys have a "deposit" to can use them, and once you leave the baggage pickup area you can't get the deposit back. How am I going to have pound coins when I've just arrived in the country? How badly does Gatwick need a few extra quid? Even other UK airports let you cart around your bags for free, it just seems needlessly petty and poo poo.

Of course after that I had to wait 90 minutes for my luggage to arrive, and once I got out of the airport one of my trains never showed up and I was stuck in Reading in the rain at 11pm. But it was the quid for the trolley that stuck with me most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Lady Gaza posted:

I am visibly brown and went to Copenhagen three times last year with no problems. It's now one of my favourite cities - you can really see where their tax money goes. Everything is clean and efficient and well-thought out, and the city doesn't quite feel like they're trying to squeeze every last dollar out of every last square metre. As someone who lives in a fairly dire waterfront city (Southampton) I am very envious of what they've done with theirs.