Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-03-21-23/index.html

Biden comes off as desperate with this after the recent peace deal in the middle east and xi talking with Putin.

You had your chance earlier before any of this unfolded and instead decided to play a weather baloon for domestic points. Now sit in line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what is that loving posture the doormen have to assume Jesus Christ

Chest out, rear end up

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1637960432303370241

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the head tilting is deranged lol

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Frosted Flake posted:

The Economist podcast this morning said Russia is running out of tanks because they can only produce 30 a month from Tankograd plus another 100 upgraded tanks from storage from other plants, of which they have "only" 10, 000 in storage.

Ukraine destroys over 500 Russian tanks using artillery in close quarters combat every day, and that's in Bakhmut alone, you should know that.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Frosted Flake posted:

The Economist podcast this morning said Russia is running out of tanks because they can only produce 30 a month from Tankograd plus another 100 upgraded tanks from storage from other plants, of which they have "only" 10, 000 in storage.

Wow that’s crazy. Specifically, listening to The Economist podcast.

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

Tanks aren't that great when their only armament is a bunch of shovels

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don't listen to it, the resident economist does while we're getting ready for work.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Buy them earbuds. There’s no subtle way to do it, but it’s probably a solid use of resources despite some friction.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

First they have to be silly toy men opening the door and then they stick their asses out and stand like they have severe head injuries. What a job!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Frosted Flake posted:

I don't listen to it, the resident economist does while we're getting ready for work.

f

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-03-21-23/index.html

Biden comes off as desperate with this after the recent peace deal in the middle east and xi talking with Putin.

You had your chance earlier before any of this unfolded and instead decided to play a weather baloon for domestic points. Now sit in line

Weather balloons are very important

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The head movement is when you know it’s real hosed up in a psychological thriller.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Hatebag posted:

First they have to be silly toy men opening the door and then they stick their asses out and stand like they have severe head injuries. What a job!

just nioticed the head thing. what da gently caress

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Raskolnikov38 posted:

fly on the ceiling

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

You may not like it, but this is what peak drill looks like.

e: Though it brings up a chicken and egg question with the Nutcracker. Which balletic pantomime came first?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Oh no. And with the year end bonus being tied to closed Jira tickets

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

just nioticed the head thing. what da gently caress

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wait, I didn't vote for Prigozhin as EU Commission president.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Yeah integrating the Russian high command into NATO is an interesting proposal

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The funny part is that it's not a joke.

They will have to do that if they want to fight China.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

can someone repost the video, its blocked here

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cookie Cutter posted:

Yeah integrating the Russian high command into NATO is an interesting proposal

It's going to be weird when everyone is obsessed with Russian doctrine, copies Russian tactical concepts, the memoirs of Russian officers are the template for the history of the war until Ukrainian state archives open 50 years later, and even then pop history for another 30 years. Sports commentators using "Deep Battle" to describe rapid offensive plays will turn it into a household word. Little boys are going to be obsessed with artillery systems growing up and frustrated military historians will have to explain that there are other arms of service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWVZfqgPg-4

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Megamissen posted:

can someone repost the video, its blocked here

Use one of the twitter mirrors
https://xnaas.github.io/nitter-instances/

you can use the same urls by replacing twitter.com with unofficialbird.com or whatever

genericnick has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Mar 21, 2023

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1638180968207900672?s=20

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Surely 30 tanks will turn the tide of battle against the country that is essentially made of tanks

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I get the impression that it's slowly leaking into the media that things are not going well. Even the Economist went from gloating triumphalism a month or so ago, to "well, surely the Russians will be exhausted after this". Speeding up the delivery of tanks could be read as a tacit admission that Ukraine isn't going to hold out.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Xi is going to end the war. Zelenskyy and Ukrainians have no say.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/declassifiedUK/status/1638135847013830658

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
barons? lords?

seriously?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cuttlefush posted:

barons? lords?

seriously?

A lot of people take that D&D stuff in govt very seriously. It’s so lame.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Since 2014 a situation was designed so that groups that would agree to a peace are kept far away from power, and Blood and Soil nationalists, the "Veteran's Movement" people, are placed in government, military and media. Combine that with the US presumably continuing to arm them, there would be no peace. Moreover, we saw Boris Johnson personally intervene, Ukraine kill their own top negotiator, God knows what else. I don't know how China can impose a peace when nobody in Ukraine will agree to it, which seems to have been the intended result.

It would take Europe ceasing support, which is apparently why Nord Stream was blown up. The US has decided to financially underwrite the Ukrainian state, such as it is, so that's not a pressure point either.

Really, I agree with people who would say it would take state and military collapse, in either order, for Ukraine to be brought to the table, and for external support to not continue at least the conventional phase of the war.

Well, yeah. They literally can't get any HESH rounds. What else were they going to use?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cuttlefush posted:

barons? lords?

seriously?

that guy is one of the remaining people in the house of lords who's there just by virtue of having inherited his seat. that practice was abolished in 1999, but they didn't throw out the sitting hereditary peers (they could easily have done that, but it would've been a messier process without a lot of practical impact).

nevertheless, the question is a valuable one, so this ancient aristocrat has had a good day at his sinecure imo

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

uhhh didn’t russia say they would treat these as nuclear weapons

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This guy is going to be so embarrassed when he finds out about it

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1618265627336278016

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

We’re in a phase where western production speeds aren’t great, and states aren’t willing to shell put their reserves, but the signal via long-term aid and financial propping is that Russia is unlikely to be successful in forcing a short-term collapse of support either.

The US and NATO have signaled as much (that Russia had a long war ahead of them if they were unwilling to abandon the invasion) for about a year at this point.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ukraine must be sure to invade Russian territory with the uranium tanks and scour the land of Putinism

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jel Shaker posted:

uhhh didn’t russia say they would treat these as nuclear weapons

If they did, lmao. What a stupid bluff to have called. There is zero precedent in Russia or elsewhere to treat these as nukes.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mlmp08 posted:

If they did, lmao. What a stupid bluff to have called. There is zero precedent in Russia or elsewhere to treat these as nukes.

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Also Russian reps freaking out and announcing that every new conventional weapon is actually the same as deploying nukes is one of the moves China has vocalized is not helpful or wise.