Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

boomhauer was p much assigned to monitor his best friend dale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A MIRACLE posted:

boomhauer was p much assigned to monitor his best friend dale

Actually suddenly it all makes sense.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

What does the "YCH" stand for? Or am I dense?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Thanks, google.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cowslips Warren posted:

Dang ole, dang ole Sonic fursona man.

Explains why he couldn't keep a woman.

He went too fast

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Star Man posted:

Because his greatest fear is that Bobby is gay. He's relieved that Bobby is (probably) straight.

It's every single conservative father's worst fear that their son is gay.

I figured it was more "way to go Bobby" but your read also tracks, so the chuckle is more problematic.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
"You sure you're fine that your dad is gay, shug?"

"Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay and I've known him for years."

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Not sure why Kahn is so upset at being stuck in Arlen since it seems to have the biggest Laotian community in the entire country.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I live in a poo poo hole redneck town but there are like 6 lao restaurants but I think that's because we also have a pretty large Hmong population I have no idea why, stuck around from gold rush days maybe?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Nooner posted:

I live in a poo poo hole redneck town but there are like 6 lao restaurants but I think that's because we also have a pretty large Hmong population I have no idea why, stuck around from gold rush days maybe?

Vietnam war.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Nooner posted:

Fresno goon spotted

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Worse, Redding lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

BiggerBoat posted:

What does the "YCH" stand for? Or am I dense?

What does it stand for?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nooner posted:

Worse, Redding lol

redding is only 70% hillbilly hellhole. come back when you're from somewhere like paradise

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What does it stand for?

It's on Boomhauer's license plate in the screen shot and I don't know what for. Unless it was a photoshop to make a joke as someone explained upthread.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It’s a shop. The plate appropriately says “MSSALLY”.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Testikles posted:

I figured it was more "way to go Bobby" but your read also tracks, so the chuckle is more problematic.

I'm pretty sure he gives a big fat PHEW, it's not subtle

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

It's been said before but it's worth saying again, it's impressive that it's not just the writing but how well the voice actors actually deliver the lines that make them funny and memorable.

I don't hate men!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Hank would you please tell Boomhauer Swiss cheese is not Mexican, it is American. I want him to bring some Monterrrrrrey HACK

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Paladinus posted:

Thanks, google.

Hmm. I’m glad I didn’t know that before, and now I’m unhappy that I do. This is why I stopped asking questions.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Lincoln posted:

Hmm. I’m glad I didn’t know that before, and now I’m unhappy that I do. This is why I stopped asking questions.

I though it stood for YOLO Command Hologram

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Lincoln posted:

Yeah if I've learned anything from the internet it's that you don't always want to turn over every rock

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Wake up just want to... wash myself, clean my wrists, scrub my brains out!

They'll miss me when I do.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I always thought John Redcorns children songs were cute

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I keep wanting to say "_____ was the best second-string character on KOTH" but really, they ALL are.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

stealie72 posted:

I keep wanting to say "_____ was the best second-string character on KOTH" but really, they ALL are.

KotH has a deep bench.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

life in a northern town will always make me think of Buckley's angel now lol

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I can’t think of a greater list of consecutive episodes than Revenge of the Lutefisk/Life Death and Texas/ Wings of the Dope

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

You forgot Dog Dale Afternoon :colbert:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I watched "I never promised you an organic garden" last night and I'm gonna poo poo all over it.

The plot setup is contrived (Peggy can't get a job teaching but gets a job running the school garden?) and comes off as unnatural for the character (there's no spanish), it takes a lot of time to get there, the b-plot about Dale, Bill & Boomhauer trying to collect/sell bat guano just farts around then peters out, Peggy fucks the whole organic garden up by using pesticides AND getting caught red handed when the chemicals make her pass out.... the whole thing is a mess.

The only good thing about it is Bobby stepping up and showing leadership over the other gardening kids when all the parents have given up, then Hank sticks up for him to the football coach who wants to store his tackling sleds there. It's a nice finish.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 21, 2023

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If we're talking episodes of KOTH we didn't care for, I'm still not a fan of Raise The Steaks. It feels like several good ideas for an episode (Hank learning to love hippie labeled food, Hank reorganizing a Co-Op that gets threatened by Mega Lo Mart, Hank getting into animal husbandry) and squishes them into a single episode where they don't really get much room to breathe & explore. Feel like a lot of later KOTH episodes were like that.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

koth is the neutral ground between beavis and butthead and the goode family

some episodes stray a little too far to either side

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Another Bill posted:

The plot setup is contrived (Peggy can't get a job teaching but gets a job running the school garden?) and comes off as unnatural for the character (there's no spanish)

imo peggy doesn't specifically care about being a spanish teacher. she taught high school math, and she even taught at a catholic school. she just wants to be able to say that she's an educator of some sort

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I really dig the episode where Bobby joins the alternative Christian youth group. It's hilarious how much that group's antics rile Hank up.

"Hey, I think that one's smoking! (sigh) No, he's praying."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What does your shirt say? Satan rules?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hey dude, I'm up, can you hold my bible? You don't have to just hold it. You can read it you know.

Don't tell ME to read the bible!

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
KOTH is really consistent over the seasons. It never hits the same level as, say, peak Simpsons, but its never awful.

Except Mrs Wakefield

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BlueBayou posted:

It never hits the same level as, say, peak Simpsons

Disagree

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Another Bill posted:

I watched "I never promised you an organic garden" last night and I'm gonna poo poo all over it.

The plot setup is contrived (Peggy can't get a job teaching but gets a job running the school garden?) and comes off as unnatural for the character (there's no spanish), it takes a lot of time to get there, the b-plot about Dale, Bill & Boomhauer trying to collect/sell bat guano just farts around then peters out, Peggy fucks the whole organic garden up by using pesticides AND getting caught red handed when the chemicals make her pass out.... the whole thing is a mess.

The only good thing about it is Bobby stepping up and showing leadership over the other gardening kids when all the parents have given up, then Hank sticks up for him to the football coach who wants to store his tackling sleds there. It's a nice finish.

The thing that bugs me about that episode is how instantly sold everyone is on the whole "organic produce will make the football team play better!" plan. It's about as convincing as a 5 year old trying to logically debate their mom into buying them a candy bar.

See also: the cheerleaders need to go back to traditional cheers, which will cause the football team to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Moon Monster posted:

The thing that bugs me about that episode is how instantly sold everyone is on the whole "organic produce will make the football team play better!" plan. It's about as convincing as a 5 year old trying to logically debate their mom into buying them a candy bar.

See also: the cheerleaders need to go back to traditional cheers, which will cause the football team to win.

They said "Push with ALL my might"